997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Need a BT, iPod, and Sirius aftermarket testers

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-23-2008, 09:22 AM
JBONDOx is infamous around these parts
Need a BT, iPod, and Sirius aftermarket testers

Hi everyone, sorry it has been a while, I have been occupied on a few other things lately and just now seem to have a break. I need some feedback on some revamped products from NavTv. These are the new ones that are fixed and have been updated in the past 2 weeks. I have tried one of each hooked up in a vehicle with no issues at all, however I have 2 of the iPod interfaces, 2 of the Bluetooth Tooki phone systems, and 2 of the Sirius Satellite interfaces.

What I need is a 3rd party verification that it works flawlessly, I can part with them at $350 each, offer a bit of tech service on the installation, but I need to get feedback and responses back.

Why am I doing this? Well obviously I am making no money, but I need to hear feedback. Every piece was redone, new software, the iPod units now have the Apple verification chips in it so it will do everything up to a Gen 6 iPod, with the exception of the iPhone which will come up in airplane mode

If you are interested please email me at james@northolmstedperformance.com and CC it to jbondox@***.net to ensure I get it if I am at home. PayPal would be the only trusted source for payment with these also.

Thanks,

Jim

BTW this is to make a product more reliable for you, the end user. not anything but. I am not selling any mass quantities, there is no profit, and it is less than dealer cost. I just need a way to get feedback and will take the financial hit... though you will pay shipping, I am not doing that

I hope this helps all of you in the long run.

Old 07-23-2008, 09:40 AM
leneuromancer has a spectacular aura aboutleneuromancer has a spectacular aura about
email sent re a Sirius unit

Old 07-23-2008, 01:22 PM
Daytonaviolet is infamous around these parts
what are the requirements for the Bluetooth Tooki phone systems? do you need to have PCM?

Old 07-23-2008, 01:32 PM
I have tried it on the CDR headunits before with no luck, however I heard some say it does work... but I would say no to be on the safe side

Old 07-23-2008, 01:35 PM
okay.. im in the process of swapping out my cdr24 with a PCM. but this wont happen for a few more weeks. im still interested in the BT testing

Old 07-23-2008, 09:59 PM
No problem, let me know I have 1 of each left.

Old 07-23-2008, 10:32 PM
lig
lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !
I'm interested in the Tooki - I have the '05 Nav PCM. It doesn't have the phone module though.

Old 07-23-2008, 11:55 PM
hformrace1 is infamous around these parts
Will the Bluetooth tooki unit work with PCM and iPhone? Also is it easy to self install (I'm quite handy with tools). Especially with the new cell phone laws here in CA, I'm very interested in this device.

Old 07-24-2008, 11:26 AM
Originally Posted by hformrace1
Will the Bluetooth tooki unit work with PCM and iPhone? Also is it easy to self install (I'm quite handy with tools). Especially with the new cell phone laws here in CA, I'm very interested in this device.

yes it will work, however it depends what version you have updated it to (the iPhone). some of the bluetooth stacks in the phone cause crappy communications when talking. the newer one to fix it is the .14 version over the .13 which screwed everything up. I just tried the new GPS unit last night and it worked fine.

Old 07-24-2008, 11:27 AM
Originally Posted by lig
I'm interested in the Tooki - I have the '05 Nav PCM. It doesn't have the phone module though.
no problem it works

Old 07-24-2008, 01:15 PM
how about tooki, PCM and iphone with 2.0 os.

Old 07-24-2008, 02:43 PM
not with the 2.0... 2.1 I might have one laying around...

Old 07-25-2008, 08:18 AM
p0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond repute
interested in the ipod interface for an 06 car with PCM/NAV- I'm very familiar with beta testing new products. shoot me a PM

Old 07-26-2008, 07:02 AM
PM sent

Old 07-27-2008, 11:09 AM
leneuromancer has a spectacular aura aboutleneuromancer has a spectacular aura about
Thumbs up

I received my Sirius unit yesterday (thanks for the quick ship) ...5+ hours later it is installed, activated and working like a charm ...not driven yet but the fact that reception is fine even in my garage, I am confident.

One thing I was not aware of regarding the Nav-TV is that it actually utilizes the "Sirius Connect Vehicle Tuner". For me, this is a huge positive in that, with the XM/Sirius merger now approved, when the time comes, I will probably be able to buy a new tuner, plug it into the Nav-TV unit and it will all continue to work as it does today.

Installation was, a b!tch, but that was also to be expected. I installed the Tooki six months ago so I was already familiar with the PCM removal procedure ...with the Tooki taking up space behind the PCM I decided on installing behind the glove box ...this was the real PITA to get out but once done, the Nav-TV unit and the Sirius tuner fit back there nicely, the fiber optic cables make the distance easily (from PCM => Nav-TV => Tooki => ?) ...I was concerned when the installation instructions said "all connections must be soldered" but these are clearly out of date with the supplied wiring harness. The antenna cable is routed thru the firewall and placed under the passenger side cowl.

Lastly, with the Nav-TV unit being USB upgradeable, I was able to plug the (supplied) USB cable into the Nav-TV unit and the cable is coiled up out of sight in the passenger foot well (by the lighter outlet) ...when needed, I will be able to fish this cable out, upgrade, and neatly hide back into it's current position.

All is looking good ...if I had to do this again, it could probably be done in under three hours (just not on a 100+ day in Texas) ...I did take a couple of pics of the units installed behind the glove box.

I am taking a road trip to Florida in early September so I know it will get a lot of good use then ...in the meantime I will be using on a daily basis (well, as often as I drive the car anyway) ...will update on reliability, reception, bugs, etc. once I get rolling

Thanks again for a great price, on what appears to be, a great unit!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Need a BT, iPod, and Sirius aftermarket testers