Anyone know this car in Florida: 930 turbo

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-23-2008 | 01:06 PM
|
torresmd has a reputation beyond reputetorresmd has a reputation beyond reputetorresmd has a reputation beyond reputetorresmd has a reputation beyond reputetorresmd has a reputation beyond reputetorresmd has a reputation beyond reputetorresmd has a reputation beyond reputetorresmd has a reputation beyond reputetorresmd has a reputation beyond reputetorresmd has a reputation beyond reputetorresmd has a reputation beyond repute
Anyone know this car in Florida: 930 turbo

I have been considering a 930 turbo recently. I saw this car today. I don't really know a whole lot about the 930 turbo's. What do you think about this one.

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...=&cardist=1955

Thanks,
Steve

Old 08-24-2008 | 08:41 AM
cibergypsy is a jewel in the roughcibergypsy is a jewel in the roughcibergypsy is a jewel in the rough
I'd really stick to Coupés, when it comes to 911s of this vintage, if I were you. Also, if you can, buy an '89 model with the G50 5 speed transmission that is much better than the 930 transmission on all other year models but '89.

Old 08-24-2008 | 08:49 AM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
Not feeling the wheels of the wing. That car is nowhere close to the real Ruf Yellowbird.
I would keep looking if I were you Steve. A coupe would be nice.

Old 08-24-2008 | 12:33 PM
|
torresmd has a reputation beyond reputetorresmd has a reputation beyond reputetorresmd has a reputation beyond reputetorresmd has a reputation beyond reputetorresmd has a reputation beyond reputetorresmd has a reputation beyond reputetorresmd has a reputation beyond reputetorresmd has a reputation beyond reputetorresmd has a reputation beyond reputetorresmd has a reputation beyond reputetorresmd has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks Luis, and I agree. I figured if it was the real deal it would have sold very fast.
My plan is to buy a 993 turbo and also a 930 turbo within the next year. I would love to own all 3 turbo's and keep them forever.

Old 08-24-2008 | 04:24 PM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
Steve,
I have been looking for the perfect 996TT and I think I am going back to Aircooled myself. If I find something special durning my search, Ill send it your way.

Old 08-24-2008 | 05:24 PM
|
That would be great. Keep me posted!!

Old 08-25-2008 | 06:04 PM
rgagliano is infamous around these parts
I would pass on this car. Too many mods. Irrespective of what Cybergypsy and LuisGT3 say, a 930 turbo cab is an excellent choice, just not this one. There is no body shake with the top down like other convertibles. I have an 89 930 cab and it is stellar.

I am mildly interested why those guys would say a coupe is better, particularly since they don't own a cab? The only reason would be they want to track the car? IMHO there is nothing like a convertible in southern California or Arizona.

Old 08-26-2008 | 07:57 AM
|
I have passed on the car. I contacted RUF and they know nothing about the car. As far as convertibles, I have always loved them. Since i already own one, an M3 cab, I could go either way with the 930T as long as it was the perfect car for me.

Old 08-26-2008 | 07:44 PM
rgagliano is infamous around these parts
Good Decision

I think you made the right choice on this car. It looked kinda like a hatchet job and you would most likely be in for lots of problems and $$$$$. Better off with a near stock 930, they will run for a long time.

Old 08-26-2008 | 09:16 PM
TheCreditMan has a spectacular aura aboutTheCreditMan has a spectacular aura aboutTheCreditMan has a spectacular aura about
It's hideous. Absolutely, totally, categorically hideous.

Old 10-01-2008 | 07:55 PM
Karrera Kid is infamous around these parts
930 Turbo

Ill Sell You My 88 Factory Slantnose With A Brand New Engine And Trans W 60,000 Miles On The Chassis ..... Engine And Trans Have 500 Miles !!!!

Old 10-02-2008 | 01:07 PM
|
Originally Posted by Karrera Kid
Ill Sell You My 88 Factory Slantnose With A Brand New Engine And Trans W 60,000 Miles On The Chassis ..... Engine And Trans Have 500 Miles !!!!
Sent you a PM.

Old 12-02-2008 | 11:44 AM
camboinc is infamous around these parts
torresmd-
i have a guards red/cork 79' 930 for sale. upgraded turbo, exhaust and just resealed the motor last october. email me at camboinc@aol.com if you are interested. it is sweet. i'm looking to go the 996 turbo route. hope i dont run into any lemons on the way there...
brian

Old 12-02-2008 | 02:49 PM
cibergypsy is a jewel in the roughcibergypsy is a jewel in the roughcibergypsy is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by rgagliano
I would pass on this car. Too many mods. Irrespective of what Cybergypsy and LuisGT3 say, a 930 turbo cab is an excellent choice, just not this one. There is no body shake with the top down like other convertibles. I have an 89 930 cab and it is stellar.

I am mildly interested why those guys would say a coupe is better, particularly since they don't own a cab? The only reason would be they want to track the car? IMHO there is nothing like a convertible in southern California or Arizona.

While it is definitely true I don't own a cabriolet, I did own a 1984 Targa and it was a PIA to keep water from coming in through the windows because, at that time in 1997 (I owned the car since 1992) the top's seals were not doing their job. Changing them proved to be futile since the water came on getting in. That may not be an issue in California or Arizona but it is definitely an issue in Florida since it rains here a lot in the Summer. On the Targa there was definitely some cowl shake perceptible on less than ideal roads, and not necessarily a little cowl shake but enough to be annoying. The coupé is more rigid, and that is factual. In my opinion, the lines of the car are spoiled in the cabriolet and the top looks like the afterthought it really is since the car wasn't designed as a cabriolet from the start and doesn't look coherent. Since the OP asked for an opinion, and all opinions are subjective by definition, I gave my opinion based on my point of view as you have from your own point of view being that you own a cabriolet and have a natural and understandable bias for it. My bias is based on having owned a Targa and a Coupé. Do you own a coupé?