991 TTS AM exhaust revisted....?akrapovic

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-04-2014, 05:03 PM
mils123 is infamous around these parts
991 TTS AM exhaust revisted....?akrapovic

Hi all. I know there has already been fair amount of discussion pertaining to the aftermarket exhausts for the turbos and I appreciate all of the helpful info and comments already posted.

Had my new 991 TTS cab for about a month and love the looks and performance. However, like some of you guys on the forum here, have had the same feeling of needing 'more' from the exhaust sounds. My dealer is pushing me toward the Tubi system which sounds good on the only one youtube clip that is posted from Champion motorsports.

I found a video of a non-turbo 991 with a kaprapovic exhaust. Sounded amazing. Anyone know if they will be coming out with a system for the TT? If they are, I may wait for that! Any info will be helpful, thanks.

Old 05-05-2014, 08:01 AM
RcmaGTR is just really niceRcmaGTR is just really niceRcmaGTR is just really niceRcmaGTR is just really nice
$$$$

I've had Akro on my Cayenne and GTR. They are great sounding pieces but if I was to do it all over again, I would have saved thousands and bought Cargraphic, Europipe, GMG, AWE, etc. Very pricey for titanium and not any better results for the few pounds of savings. I ordered the GMG for my 991TTS as I want a bit more sound and power than factory.

Last edited by RcmaGTR; 05-05-2014 at 08:04 AM.
Old 05-05-2014, 10:37 AM
Former Vendor
Staff@WORLD is a splendid one to beholdStaff@WORLD is a splendid one to beholdStaff@WORLD is a splendid one to beholdStaff@WORLD is a splendid one to beholdStaff@WORLD is a splendid one to beholdStaff@WORLD is a splendid one to beholdStaff@WORLD is a splendid one to beholdStaff@WORLD is a splendid one to behold
The Akrapovic exhausts are really nice and if you ended up with that system it would always be a great addition to your car.

My personal favorite exhaust was the Europipe and that is what I ordered for our car. For some unknown reason to me Stef at Europipe must have a problem with me because he let me know that he looked at my website and decided that he won't be doing business with me. The company I work for builds exhaust components for AMG Mercedes Benz's.

I've always been a big fan of Europipe's products, they truly are a work of art. Stef also has a great reputation amongst the members here which seems to make my issues a very rare occurrence so I will chalk it up to some weird clash of personalities that can sometimes happen I guess.

Talk to Stef, find out about his exhaust. It is what I would have had on my car if he would have sold it to me. For now my car will remain with the stock exhaust because there was no other aftermarket system that I was interested in.

Old 05-05-2014, 05:12 PM
ekazaz is infamous around these parts
991 TTS Exhaust

I had a 997 TTS with Europipe exhaust and loved it. When I got my new 991 TTS Cab, I had Stef send his new one to the dealer to install before I took delivery. It is the best, and Stef is the best.

Old 05-05-2014, 09:09 PM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
Actually, I don't think any of the 991 turbo offerings sound good at all. Even the ep sounded like a '72dodge. If I had a Tts, I'd leave the factory one until a better unit comes out. Jmo.

Old 05-05-2014, 11:03 PM
2fast4exotics is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by TT Surgeon
Actually, I don't think any of the 991 turbo offerings sound good at all. Even the ep sounded like a '72dodge. If I had a Tts, I'd leave the factory one until a better unit comes out. Jmo.
+1 I don't like any of the aftermarket exhaust sounds I heard from the videos.

Old 05-06-2014, 04:42 AM
mils123 is infamous around these parts
Thanks for the advices...I am keeping the stock for now. I still may get one later. Will give you an update when/if I do.

Old 05-06-2014, 09:59 AM
Fixinbones is infamous around these partsFixinbones is infamous around these parts
Personally, as a daily driver I want the car as quiet as possible.

Old 05-06-2014, 10:45 AM
RcmaGTR is just really niceRcmaGTR is just really niceRcmaGTR is just really niceRcmaGTR is just really nice
Sound and noise levels are a matter of preference. And videos ? Meh, to the audio side but good to see fit and finish of the product when possible.
But one thing to point out from a thread I read somewhere else: I have not seen exhaust systems (by reputable companies like, EP, AWE, GMG, Akro,etc) alter the performance of a car enough to "ruin" or dramatically change the characteristics of Porsches engineering achievements. If anything we know that DOT limits what OEMs can do with exhaust flow and db rating. Thats why we have AM. Or, keep it stock if you like the sound out of the box.
I'm ready for more WOT punch!
JMO.

Old 05-18-2014, 07:57 PM
Newman is a jewel in the roughNewman is a jewel in the roughNewman is a jewel in the rough
The 2014 991 TTS stock exhaust is 1000% better than the 997.1 TT stock exhausts. I have not had enough time in the seat and completed the break-in to have a definitive opinion of the new exhaust, but Porsche has greater improved the sound of the stock exhaust since my old 2007 TT - whether they did it intentionally because the old 997 turbos were too quiet, or whether it's just a by-product of their optimal design is anyone's guess.