AWD control module recall

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-12-2015, 11:17 AM
enzom has a reputation beyond reputeenzom has a reputation beyond reputeenzom has a reputation beyond reputeenzom has a reputation beyond reputeenzom has a reputation beyond reputeenzom has a reputation beyond reputeenzom has a reputation beyond reputeenzom has a reputation beyond reputeenzom has a reputation beyond reputeenzom has a reputation beyond reputeenzom has a reputation beyond repute
AWD control module recall

Stopped by my dealer yesterday, and they told me that they need to perform a recall on the AWD control module. Anyone else in need of this or have a clue what it is supposed to address?

Old 06-12-2015, 02:23 PM
JesseRohr has much to be proud ofJesseRohr has much to be proud ofJesseRohr has much to be proud ofJesseRohr has much to be proud ofJesseRohr has much to be proud ofJesseRohr has much to be proud ofJesseRohr has much to be proud ofJesseRohr has much to be proud ofJesseRohr has much to be proud of
Nothing that I have heard of...what's the specs on your car? 14 or 15, TT or TTS?

Old 06-12-2015, 06:16 PM
cabman4007 has much to be proud ofcabman4007 has much to be proud ofcabman4007 has much to be proud ofcabman4007 has much to be proud ofcabman4007 has much to be proud ofcabman4007 has much to be proud ofcabman4007 has much to be proud ofcabman4007 has much to be proud ofcabman4007 has much to be proud ofcabman4007 has much to be proud of
Recall number?

Old 06-12-2015, 06:36 PM
enzom has a reputation beyond reputeenzom has a reputation beyond reputeenzom has a reputation beyond reputeenzom has a reputation beyond reputeenzom has a reputation beyond reputeenzom has a reputation beyond reputeenzom has a reputation beyond reputeenzom has a reputation beyond reputeenzom has a reputation beyond reputeenzom has a reputation beyond reputeenzom has a reputation beyond repute
Mine is a 15 TT, but the tech suggested it applies to all TT and TTS cars. Will post tomorrow with a campaign number after the service.

Old 06-12-2015, 06:58 PM
AndrewP is a glorious beacon of lightAndrewP is a glorious beacon of lightAndrewP is a glorious beacon of lightAndrewP is a glorious beacon of lightAndrewP is a glorious beacon of lightAndrewP is a glorious beacon of light
Had car in for a tech inspection and to check the state of the PCCB's a couple of days ago and tech told me that he performed the update. Apparently the AWD system wear was the reason for the fix. Not sure of implications beyond that though.

FWIW, my baseline for the PCCB state was performed about 1000 miles ago at spring oil/filter change. The 1000 miles included about 70 laps of LRP (around 100 miles) in early May. Wear was ~1% of useful life. LRP has only one hard breaking point at the end of the front straight before turn one. Other tracks are surely more demanding.

Old 06-13-2015, 07:02 AM
Turns out that the campaign is to replace a module that has malfunctioned and failed to initiate a purge mechanism in the AWD system that can leave debris in the system. Don't ask me how it works.

Old 06-14-2015, 03:22 PM
Nfall has much to be proud ofNfall has much to be proud ofNfall has much to be proud ofNfall has much to be proud ofNfall has much to be proud ofNfall has much to be proud ofNfall has much to be proud ofNfall has much to be proud of
Anyone have a tsb or campaign # ?

Old 06-14-2015, 07:04 PM
Originally Posted by Nfall
Anyone have a tsb or campaign # ?
Reading from the service receipt, it says WE89 as the description.
It also says "Installed 00004398982 : Control Unit Turbo"

Hope that helps.

Old 06-18-2015, 12:28 AM
cephas is infamous around these parts
did anyone get a notice?

Old 06-18-2015, 05:53 AM
porsche42 is a splendid one to beholdporsche42 is a splendid one to beholdporsche42 is a splendid one to beholdporsche42 is a splendid one to beholdporsche42 is a splendid one to beholdporsche42 is a splendid one to beholdporsche42 is a splendid one to behold
I got no notice. I also searched Porsche for a recall on my car based on the VIN, nothing.

Old 06-18-2015, 12:28 PM
cabman4007 has much to be proud ofcabman4007 has much to be proud ofcabman4007 has much to be proud ofcabman4007 has much to be proud ofcabman4007 has much to be proud ofcabman4007 has much to be proud ofcabman4007 has much to be proud ofcabman4007 has much to be proud ofcabman4007 has much to be proud ofcabman4007 has much to be proud of
Called my dealer. I need the a new control module for the 4 wh drive and an update to the Sirus Radio system. They ordered the module and will have it done on Wednesday. The module is located in the front in the hood area.

Old 06-18-2015, 01:14 PM
porsche42 is a splendid one to beholdporsche42 is a splendid one to beholdporsche42 is a splendid one to beholdporsche42 is a splendid one to beholdporsche42 is a splendid one to beholdporsche42 is a splendid one to beholdporsche42 is a splendid one to behold
Wow did you ask if it affected 2015 or just 2014 ? Need to call my dealer I guess.

Old 06-19-2015, 03:46 PM
Carjunky1 has much to be proud ofCarjunky1 has much to be proud ofCarjunky1 has much to be proud ofCarjunky1 has much to be proud ofCarjunky1 has much to be proud ofCarjunky1 has much to be proud ofCarjunky1 has much to be proud ofCarjunky1 has much to be proud of
There were 5 campaigns on 2014 turbos and turbo Ss. I did recall the AWD module was one of them, but it was written up as an adjustment and not a replacement. I saw these items last year when I was shopping used '14s, but it was so long ago I cannot recall the actual detail on this or the other campaigns. Since this OP includes 2015 models it is likely different than the previous campaign.

Old 06-20-2015, 09:28 AM
BigRich has much to be proud ofBigRich has much to be proud ofBigRich has much to be proud ofBigRich has much to be proud ofBigRich has much to be proud ofBigRich has much to be proud ofBigRich has much to be proud ofBigRich has much to be proud of
I got a email from Porsche stating my Turbo S needs a "technology" update and to bring it to my dealer as soon as possible. They do say it has nothing to do with safety. Porsche didn't say anything specific in the email as to what is to be fixed/updated. BTW my car is a launch turbo s.

Old 06-22-2015, 12:56 AM
Banned
BlocktGrills is infamous around these partsBlocktGrills is infamous around these parts
OP can you feel any differences since it is now changed?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: AWD control module recall