Cheapest and easiest way to mod the exhaust sound! I just really love it.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-20-2012, 06:00 AM
iambon has much to be proud ofiambon has much to be proud ofiambon has much to be proud ofiambon has much to be proud ofiambon has much to be proud ofiambon has much to be proud ofiambon has much to be proud ofiambon has much to be proud ofiambon has much to be proud of
Cheapest and easiest way to mod the exhaust sound! I just really love it.

Hi,

My 911 with PSE has been great so far! However, I need my exhaust to be a bit louder inside the cabin.

So I had removed the sound deadening/filter from the rear plastic cover (see pic, it is the one under the rear glass), then I drove it hard to test the new modification! I really love it, the exhaust's note is become livelier and richer in the cabin, and the most important thing is "it is free mod"

So, I would like to share this with you guys. If anyone do it so please let me know how do you think?

Cheer!

Attached Images      

Last edited by iambon; 10-20-2012 at 08:36 AM.
Old 10-20-2012, 06:29 AM
SUB-ZERO has a spectacular aura aboutSUB-ZERO has a spectacular aura about

Old 10-20-2012, 06:39 AM
Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !Haku Is a GOD !
This is for the exhaust sound "inside the cabin" right? It does not make the exhaust sound louder outside.

Old 10-20-2012, 07:59 AM
iambon has much to be proud ofiambon has much to be proud ofiambon has much to be proud ofiambon has much to be proud ofiambon has much to be proud ofiambon has much to be proud ofiambon has much to be proud ofiambon has much to be proud ofiambon has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Haku
This is for the exhaust sound "inside the cabin" right? It does not make the exhaust sound louder outside.
Yes, it is louder but not too loud. I would say that it has nicer/clearer exhaust sound in the cabin. It is also help to enhance the intake's sound (sound symposer).
It took 1 min to do it.

Last edited by iambon; 10-20-2012 at 08:32 AM.
Old 10-20-2012, 04:37 PM
JB-991 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by iambon
Yes, it is louder but not too loud. I would say that it has nicer/clearer exhaust sound in the cabin. It is also help to enhance the intake's sound (sound symposer).
It took 1 min to do it.
Seems to me it's more engine sound instead of exhaust noise, no?

Old 10-20-2012, 05:27 PM
Lostturbo has a spectacular aura aboutLostturbo has a spectacular aura about
Does that rear panel just pull off from the bottom? Can you see the symposer outlet when you remove it? Thanks...

Old 10-20-2012, 06:01 PM
ArashApollo is infamous around these partsArashApollo is infamous around these parts
Oh wow! I'm going to be trying this out just for fun.

Old 10-20-2012, 06:59 PM
Originally Posted by Lostturbo
Does that rear panel just pull off from the bottom? Can you see the symposer outlet when you remove it? Thanks...
Yes, you just pull off from the bottom it is very easy. I had removed it like 20-30 times without issue then you can easily see the sound symposer and may be another mod?

Attached Images   
Old 10-20-2012, 07:02 PM
Sound symposer is located inside the rear cover (inside the cabin)

Attached Images  

Last edited by iambon; 10-20-2012 at 07:05 PM.
Old 10-20-2012, 07:03 PM
Sound symposer, at the engine bay. You can see how it connecting to the cabin.

Attached Images  
Old 10-20-2012, 07:10 PM
Woodster is a jewel in the roughWoodster is a jewel in the roughWoodster is a jewel in the rough
I will give it a try out, what have I got to lose?

Old 10-20-2012, 07:30 PM
Lostturbo has a spectacular aura aboutLostturbo has a spectacular aura about
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by iambon
Yes, you just pull off from the bottom it is very easy. I had removed it like 20-30 times without issue then you can easily see the sound symposer and may be another mod?

Thanks... I want to close off the symposer, loud on long trips. What other mod do you have in mind?
I thought I was the only one tearing my new car apart

Old 10-20-2012, 08:25 PM
Originally Posted by Lostturbo
Thanks... I want to close off the symposer, loud on long trips. What other mod do you have in mind?
I thought I was the only one tearing my new car apart
HI,

you can say that I am a crazy guy you cannot stand for any small rattles.

Being an owner of a very first production batch of 991, I need to learn how to fix the problems myself so I took off all rear panels just to find and fix the rattles (some do not even hear it), I did it at first together with my dealer then I become to master/enjoy doing it. If you know the trick then it is as easy as wearing a t-shirt.

In the first few weeks of ownership i did

1) Remove rear seat belt L/R - save weight
2) Remove rear seat's back rest - save weight
3) Remove rear wiper - useless and save weight, then make DIY plug
4) Paint the rear center's tray in white - dont like it much
5) Alcantara seat belt cover L/R - much nicer than original black plastic
6) Alcantara gear **** - feel great to touch, highly recommend
7) Fix rattles on
7.1) LEFT rear quarter window - FIXED remove window and put 3M
7.2) LEFT/RIGHT rear panel - FIXED put the soft pad material all over the places
7.3) Rattle noise from Alcantara roof liner (It took many weeks to find out where the noise come from) - FIXED put 3M
7.4) Rattle noise on the front seat's bolster - FIXED put 3M
7.5) Creaking noise on the front seat's side air back cover - FIXED use silicone

Now my car has no more rattles, and if it is happen in the future then I would know how to attack it. I would say that my car is now assembled better than original factory made.

Attached Images      

Last edited by iambon; 10-20-2012 at 08:36 PM.
Old 10-20-2012, 08:27 PM
The results

Attached Images      

Last edited by iambon; 10-20-2012 at 08:29 PM.
Old 10-20-2012, 08:33 PM
I did it even with a key

Attached Images   

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Cheapest and easiest way to mod the exhaust sound! I just really love it.