My New Toy!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-15-2013, 07:10 PM
CarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by windboat
Great looking car, you are not considering going back to black in 6 months are you

Sent from my iPad using 6SpeedOnline
I realize it sounds ridiculous, but the paint on my particular car was unusually soft for some reason and was causing me all kinds of grief. Hitting bugs on the highway was actually causing small indentations on the front bumper, and I was noticing small chips all over the car. It was really weird.

My friend who owns a body shop was telling me that he's been seeing these type of anomalies from time to time. He believes it may have something to do with the new waterborne paint. It seems to affect the darker colors in most cases.

Old 07-15-2013, 07:53 PM
Havok is a glorious beacon of lightHavok is a glorious beacon of lightHavok is a glorious beacon of lightHavok is a glorious beacon of lightHavok is a glorious beacon of light
Another twin!

Old 07-15-2013, 07:54 PM
eddtiff is infamous around these parts
White + Ducky + Glass Roof = WIN

Exceptional looking car!

Old 07-15-2013, 08:35 PM
Chupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond reputeChupacabra has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by frank69m
Hill assist?

Is that a standard on later models of 2013?
I have it too, 2/12. Brake kicks in when you start to roll backward, great for manuals when stopped at a steep stop. Deactivates automatically, at least supposed to.

Old 07-15-2013, 08:49 PM
advantyper is a splendid one to beholdadvantyper is a splendid one to beholdadvantyper is a splendid one to beholdadvantyper is a splendid one to beholdadvantyper is a splendid one to beholdadvantyper is a splendid one to beholdadvantyper is a splendid one to behold
Looks great! enjoy

Old 07-15-2013, 09:18 PM
DBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond reputeDBYT has a reputation beyond repute
Very sharp looking car!

Old 07-15-2013, 09:58 PM
Aranthir is infamous around these parts
Beautiful. Congratulations!

Old 07-15-2013, 10:32 PM
JoeInDallas is infamous around these parts
Great looking car. I love the sport design front, and the ducktail. Congratulations!

Old 07-16-2013, 04:40 AM
trysixty is a name known to alltrysixty is a name known to alltrysixty is a name known to alltrysixty is a name known to alltrysixty is a name known to alltrysixty is a name known to all
like it!!! ducktails rule

Old 07-16-2013, 05:16 AM
AG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond reputeAG991 has a reputation beyond repute
Nice-drive it in good health Pete!

Old 07-16-2013, 05:36 AM
Nine XI is infamous around these partsNine XI is infamous around these parts
Very clean looking - love the SD. I have heard a lot of negative comments about the hill feature but have never had any issues. Mystery solved.

Old 07-16-2013, 07:32 AM
keith27 is infamous around these parts
Looks beautiful. I'm very close to ordering a black car but now you have me worried... lol

Enjoy your new car in health!

Old 07-16-2013, 08:01 AM
CarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud ofCarreraPete has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by keith27
Looks beautiful. I'm very close to ordering a black car but now you have me worried... lol

Enjoy your new car in health!
Keith,

The Black cars are beautiful and the last thing I'd want to do is cloud your decision. I really believe my experience is an anomalie, as I haven't read many other complaints regarding the color black.

I will recommend that you get a water deionizer if you plan on washing the car yourself.
DI-120 Cr Spotless Water System : Amazon.com : Automotive DI-120 Cr Spotless Water System : Amazon.com : Automotive

Best of luck to you, Keith!

Old 07-16-2013, 08:33 AM
frank69m has a spectacular aura aboutfrank69m has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by CarreraPete
Keith,

The Black cars are beautiful and the last thing I'd want to do is cloud your decision. I really believe my experience is an anomalie, as I haven't read many other complaints regarding the color black.

I will recommend that you get a water deionizer if you plan on washing the car yourself.
DI-120 Cr Spotless Water System : Amazon.com : Automotive

Best of luck to you, Keith!

I got black (not basalt). I don't plan to use it as a DD so I'm ok with that. If you are going to use it as a DD and have long drives, live in a dusty or rainy area, I'd go for something silver base or white. All depends on your situation.

Old 07-16-2013, 08:35 AM
keith27 is infamous around these parts
Thanks guys. Atlanta, daily driver. Driving maybe 30 miles/day. Am between Black or White. Currently have a titanium silver M5 for the past 12 years and I love the color, but may be looking for something different/a change.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My New Toy!