Blendmount...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-17-2013, 03:10 PM
TSpyder is a jewel in the roughTSpyder is a jewel in the roughTSpyder is a jewel in the roughTSpyder is a jewel in the rough
Blendmount...

...is now available for the 991. Just ordered V1 version with the coupon code "friend".

Spyder

Old 08-17-2013, 11:09 PM
dhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond reputedhill911 has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks TSpyder! Just ordered one too.

Old 08-23-2013, 07:05 AM
ctporsche is infamous around these parts
Received and installed type 2 mount on my 991S yesterday. Seems great.

Old 08-23-2013, 07:08 AM
PorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ctporsche
Received and installed type 2 mount on my 991S yesterday. Seems great.
Have pic? Thanks.

Old 08-23-2013, 07:15 AM
Originally Posted by PorscheCrazy
Have pic? Thanks.
Didn't take any. I may tomorrow.

Old 08-23-2013, 09:05 AM
brianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond repute
I installed mine on Wednesday. It is a great solution.

I took a few pics, but didn't realize that my camera was set to only storing RAW files at the time and I won't have access to my main computer that can open them until Sunday, most likely.

If I can get to them this afternoon I will, though.

Old 08-23-2013, 09:16 AM
Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !
Brianja: look forward to the pics. I googled it though but couldn't find a good one. I'm assuming you guys routed wire through the headliner?

Old 08-23-2013, 09:20 AM
brianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond reputebrianja has a reputation beyond repute
I had hardwired the detector before and had it suction-cupped up next to the mirror, so all I had to do was extend the wire a little bit and drop it down to below the mirror.

I routed the wire around the edge of the windshield between it and the headliner / A pillar. Then it drops down to the fuse panel by the dead pedal.

Old 08-23-2013, 01:41 PM
OK... as I had said, I took some shots the other day with my point and shoot. Unfortunately, it was raining and I was in a hurry, so only one turned out acceptably.

Here it is:

Attached Images   
Old 08-23-2013, 02:33 PM
PorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond repute
Looks good. Is it adjustable to move the detector forward more? Seems I would like the back edge where the display is a little behind the mirror instead of in front of the mirror. Thanks.

Old 08-23-2013, 02:44 PM
That is adjusted as far forward toward the windshield as it can be.

Old 08-23-2013, 04:43 PM
Originally Posted by ctporsche
Didn't take any. I may tomorrow.
Here are my iPhone pics.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0606.JPG
Views:	225
Size:	1.51 MB
ID:	274173   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0608.JPG
Views:	214
Size:	1.90 MB
ID:	274174  
Old 08-23-2013, 05:15 PM
Thanks guys!

Old 08-23-2013, 08:43 PM
SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !SM_ATL Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by brianja
OK... as I had said, I took some shots the other day with my point and shoot. Unfortunately, it was raining and I was in a hurry, so only one turned out acceptably.

Here it is:
This looks very tempting!. Could you take a few more pics from inside the car. My fear is that the radar detector would obstruct too much the view of the road.

Thanks for your help!

Old 08-23-2013, 08:45 PM
Originally Posted by SM_ATL
This looks very tempting!. Could you take a few more pics from inside the car. My fear is that the radar detector would obstruct too much the view of the road.

Thanks for your help!
Will try to take some on Monday for you.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.