From GTR to 991 S

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-21-2013 | 12:33 PM
|
Banned
webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !
From GTR to 991 S

Hello everyone!

I sell my GTR A10 and decide to go with a brand new 2013 991 C2S... my first impression was "this is a little slow" lol but I knew it will be so is ok

But let me tell you, the 991 is a piece of art, the car is way more smooth and precise than my GTR, especially the PDK (the LC on 6k rpm is very cool)

The fit and finish, comfort and movement is like an upgrade of the GTR, Porsche did a very good job on this platform

My Options in my 991 C2S are:

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	123.JPG
Views:	292
Size:	439.8 KB
ID:	273241   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo.JPG
Views:	339
Size:	596.0 KB
ID:	273242  
Attached Images  

Last edited by webcarconnection; 08-21-2013 at 01:50 PM.
Old 08-21-2013 | 12:43 PM
|
Banned
webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !webcarconnection Is a GOD !
More and better pics soon

Old 08-21-2013 | 12:49 PM
JoeInDallas is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by 991 C2S
Hello everyone!

I sell my GTR A10 and decide to go with a brand new 2013 991 C2S... my first impression was "this is a little slow" lol but I knew it will be so is ok

But let me tell you, the 991 is a piece of art, the car is way more smooth and precise than my GTR, especially the PDK (the LC on 6k rpm is very cool)

The fit and finish, comfort and movement is like an upgrade of the GTR, Porsche did a very good job on this platform
I imagine that you will find that you get less respect from teenagers now, and more from adults. Although that red may draw everyone's attention.

Congratulations on a great purchase! Looks like you got some great options. That red is my second favorite 911 color.

Old 08-21-2013 | 12:56 PM
|
Banned
LOL I guess less teenagers like the "Porsche looks" and more of the GTR... IMHO this is more mature car for sure

Thanks for the comments!

Old 08-21-2013 | 01:24 PM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by JoeInDallas
I imagine that you will find that you get less respect from teenagers now, and more from adults. Although that red may draw everyone's attention.

Congratulations on a great purchase! Looks like you got some great options. That red is my second favorite 911 color.
LOL I guess less teenagers like the "Porsche looks" and more of the GTR... IMHO this is more mature car for sure

Thanks for the comments!
Perspective is everything.

Congrats on your purchase! Definitely a comfortable ride (by comparison).

I can't even imagine what the difference in power feels like (from your A10). Even in a friend's P800, my GT-R (~600HP) felt slow.

Old 08-21-2013 | 01:37 PM
|
Banned
Yes... Thanks. my A10 did 9.4@156mph on E85, so basically I don't compare then in that area hehehe

Old 08-21-2013 | 02:43 PM
frank69m has a spectacular aura aboutfrank69m has a spectacular aura about
Have you tried the Sports + button yet and notice any difference? Granted, it won't be like your 9.4

Old 08-21-2013 | 02:47 PM
|
Banned
hehehe It will not, but in the 991 you really can feel the difference when you press any button... in the GTR it feel all the same no matter witch button you press lol

Old 08-21-2013 | 05:31 PM
eg991 is a splendid one to beholdeg991 is a splendid one to beholdeg991 is a splendid one to beholdeg991 is a splendid one to beholdeg991 is a splendid one to beholdeg991 is a splendid one to beholdeg991 is a splendid one to beholdeg991 is a splendid one to behold
Beautiful car. Enjoy, and drive it in good health!

Old 08-21-2013 | 06:18 PM
|
Banned
thanks!

Old 08-21-2013 | 06:23 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by JoeInDallas
You couldn't be more wrong.

My best friend owns a 2010 GT-R and a 2013 991S. He gets way more respect and attention (all positive) from both adults and teens in his GT-R.

Having owned 3 911s and 4 GT-Rs myself, I can tell you that most people simply aren't excited about Porsches like they used to be. Maybe when my GT3 comes in it will engender a different response from outsiders, but I doubt it.

Regardless, I don't buy my cars for respect or attention from others. I buy them for my own personal enjoyment.

Last edited by Divexxtreme; 08-21-2013 at 06:25 PM.
Old 08-21-2013 | 06:24 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Hello everyone!

Congrats on the 991! She's a beauty. Enjoy her in good health.

Old 08-21-2013 | 08:27 PM
genpop3 is just really nicegenpop3 is just really nicegenpop3 is just really nicegenpop3 is just really nicegenpop3 is just really nice
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
You couldn't be more wrong.

My best friend owns a 2010 GT-R and a 2013 991S. He gets way more respect and attention (all positive) from both adults and teens in his GT-R.

Having owned 3 911s and 4 GT-Rs myself, I can tell you that most people simply aren't excited about Porsches like they used to be. Maybe when my GT3 comes in it will engender a different response from outsiders, but I doubt it.

Regardless, I don't buy my cars for respect or attention from others. I buy them for my own personal enjoyment.
You know to be honest I didn't hold the Porsche brand in much high esteem as recently as June 2013. I associated it mostly as a girly car purchased by the idle rich.

I had a pretty modded up 335i. Aside from the occasional teen, didn't get many stares. With the high low-end instant torque, it was fairly easy to drive on the freeway. Still no one really tried to race me.

Now that I got my 991, I get a lot of looks. I get a lot of looks from girls especially. I get so many looks now, my GF gets jealous. I'm not particularly handsome, and I'm usually in a black shirt and exercise shorts so I'm fairly certain it's the car. I just got a haircut today and when I walked up to my 991, a old guy looked at my car for a good 30 seconds then gave me a thumbs up. And before I got in, a girl asked me if it was my car, said it looked nice, and said she's seen me around before.

Further, unlike my 335i whereupon I can hit 110 and not feel a thing...I drive like a Grandpa in my 991. Freaking everybody tries to race me. I define "tries to race" by a car accelerating to pull up beside me on the freeway and starts to rev or when a car becomes irrationally aggressive in maneuvering to cut me off when I am driving the speed limit.

Also, I don't have PSE, but my GF tells me that whenever I pass cars the drivers and their passengers always turn their heads. Granted, I do keep the car above 4k rpms on the freeway as soon as the oil is at temp so that's also probably why.

Bottom line, there is a noticeably significant increase in attention from this car.

I live in the Los Feliz area if that matters.

Last edited by genpop3; 08-21-2013 at 08:32 PM.
Old 08-21-2013 | 10:25 PM
nicoff is a jewel in the roughnicoff is a jewel in the roughnicoff is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme

I can tell you that most people simply aren't excited about Porsches like they used to be.
Agree. The GT-R gets more respect an attention (including adults) than ANY current P-car. The GT-R changed Porsche. Because of the GT-R (and its dual clutch transmission) Porsche changed from tiptronic to PDK and was forced to increase its performance numbers. So all P-car owners from the 2009 model and up should be grateful to the GT-R for upping up the ante sort of speak. I have been an owner of a GT-R and P-cars (996, 997, 991). In terms of respect an attention, there is no comparison: the GT-R wins hands down. I recently let go of the GT-R and kept the 991. I love the way the 991 does so many things right, but I DO miss Godzilla every now and then. Who knows, there may be another G-car in my future. Meanwhile, I am enjoying the 991.

Old 08-21-2013 | 10:42 PM
Havok is a glorious beacon of lightHavok is a glorious beacon of lightHavok is a glorious beacon of lightHavok is a glorious beacon of lightHavok is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by AoshichanX
You know to be honest I didn't hold the Porsche brand in much high esteem as recently as June 2013. I associated it mostly as a girly car purchased by the idle rich.

I had a pretty modded up 335i. Aside from the occasional teen, didn't get many stares. With the high low-end instant torque, it was fairly easy to drive on the freeway. Still no one really tried to race me.

Now that I got my 991, I get a lot of looks. I get a lot of looks from girls especially. I get so many looks now, my GF gets jealous. I'm not particularly handsome, and I'm usually in a black shirt and exercise shorts so I'm fairly certain it's the car. I just got a haircut today and when I walked up to my 991, a old guy looked at my car for a good 30 seconds then gave me a thumbs up. And before I got in, a girl asked me if it was my car, said it looked nice, and said she's seen me around before.

Further, unlike my 335i whereupon I can hit 110 and not feel a thing...I drive like a Grandpa in my 991. Freaking everybody tries to race me. I define "tries to race" by a car accelerating to pull up beside me on the freeway and starts to rev or when a car becomes irrationally aggressive in maneuvering to cut me off when I am driving the speed limit.

Also, I don't have PSE, but my GF tells me that whenever I pass cars the drivers and their passengers always turn their heads. Granted, I do keep the car above 4k rpms on the freeway as soon as the oil is at temp so that's also probably why.

Bottom line, there is a noticeably significant increase in attention from this car.

I live in the Los Feliz area if that matters.
A guy who drove a 335i found Porsche to be a brand for the girly idle rich...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: From GTR to 991 S