What is Suzy 991 Going to Do?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-12-2013, 03:22 AM
PorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond repute
What is Suzy 991 Going to Do?

Hey Suzy - you have been a big contributor to the forum and we all appreciate your contributions. We (or at least I) have been following your exploits in deciding what P-Car (with your color schemes and options) to get - it went from a C4S to a 50th Anniversary, to a Macan, to a Turbo? Along the way you withdrew a couple of builds. Just wondering if you have made a final decision on the P-Car of your dreams as we have not heard anything on this from you recently, unless I missed it. You have been helping others decide, what are you going to do?

Old 12-12-2013, 04:02 AM
Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by PorscheCrazy
Hey Suzy - you have been a big contributor to the forum and we all appreciate your contributions. We (or at least I) have been following your exploits in deciding what P-Car (with your color schemes and options) to get - it went from a C4S to a 50th Anniversary, to a Macan, to a Turbo? Along the way you withdrew a couple of builds. Just wondering if you have made a final decision on the P-Car of your dreams as we have not heard anything on this from you recently, unless I missed it. You have been helping others decide, what are you going to do?
Hahaha! This is going to be a long story,

Yes I made a decision. No P-car for now....

Decided that I don't want to use my sportscar as my DD, which meant also for use as my business car, but this would not be very smart. Can't go to all customers with a 911 and doing at least 35000-40000km a year would put an unhealthy financial pressure on my business. Besides that a lot of adminstrational work (privat car, business use).

After That decision I finally got an email from the Exclusive department (after 5 weeks waiting!!!) with prices for the PTS and LTS I asked... I'm still recovering from that shock! The oryx white pearl paint is 7000 euro excluding taxes, the LTS interior was 14300 euro exclusing taxes. This converted to Swiss prices would push the pricetag for the TTS up to CHF 314k ($345k) after discounts...
Another thing that got me thinking was that the car woukd only be driven by me, since my GF didn't want to drive that car, because too intimidating. Also... The car is insanely fast and I'm not sure if that is healthy here in Switzerland with those extreme high fines for speeding. LOL!

When we were on holiday in the U.S., I rented a 991 C2S cab for a week and although we really enjoyed that car, it also made me appreciate my Boxster S more and more. That got me thinking and reconsidering several options.

Since I don't want to use the car as a DD, I could not justify to myself spending $345k on a car that is most of the time only used in the weekends. As a fun car, the Boxster that I have is equally (if not better) fun as a 991 Carrera (no matter which one).
So the Boxster is a keeper for now. I'll wait untill the 981 GTS comes next spring and depending on how I like that car maybe trade the Boxster S for a Cayman GTS...

For the money that TTS costs I can, for example, buy a fully optioned Cayman S and my most favourite convertible of all time, the Audi RS5 Cabriolet (last N/A V8 that they are gonna produce, next gen gets a V6T)

So what's the verdict?

My business car will not be a Macan (yet). Porsche decided to put the wrong diesel engine in the Macan and demand is so high at this moment that I can't get one before late 2014, probably even early 2015 at my dealership.
That's why I have decided to order a Gletscherwhite metallic Audi A6 Avant 3.0 BiTurbo TDI 313hp (the diesel that Porsche should have used in the Macan!). Fully optioned, that car is still CHF25000 cheaper than a well optioned Macan Turbo and it's a lot cheaper in terms of running costs, but still manages to do 0-100km/h in 5.3 sec and that in all comfort of air suspension and heated/ventilated massage seats. handling is probably no comparison to a Macan, but that doesn't really matter in a car like that. Got sometjing else when I want good handling.

My own little sportscar will be the Boxster S for now and I'll see what comes next. Probably a Cayman S or GTS or maybe I still switch sometime to a 991.2....

We traded in my GF car yesterday and ordered an RS5 cabriolet (we have to decide the color before monday). This car is a nice boulevard cruiser below 4000rpm with 4 seats and is useable all year long because its Quattro system. When you rev above 4000rpm, the car turns into a mad muscle car with the exhillirating exhaust note of that wonderful v8 that revs to 8500.

Nice thing about this all is that I have the same dealership for all cars (they sell all VAG products), so they are pretty generous with discounts
After a very short, but horrible experience with BMW, I'm very glad to go back to Audi again... But I will always be a p-car addict.

Suzy991 (iOS app)

Old 12-12-2013, 06:20 AM
LPB987S is a name known to allLPB987S is a name known to allLPB987S is a name known to allLPB987S is a name known to allLPB987S is a name known to allLPB987S is a name known to all
Congrats !! The RS5 is a gorgeous car. The flared fenders and that grill give the car a much more aggressive look than the rest of the 5 line up. What colours are you thinking about for it?

I drove an S5 and thought the steering was light and numb. Does the RS have a different set up?

Old 12-12-2013, 06:48 AM
bccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant future
Congrats Suzy. I flirted with the idea briefly to get an RS5 before I got my 991.

Old 12-12-2013, 06:52 AM
speedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud ofspeedsterr has much to be proud of
Hey Suzy why are you allowed to cross shop a macan, turbo, and c4s and I'm not allowed to cross shop my weird completely unrelated selection of cars? hmmmmm??? lol

Old 12-12-2013, 07:09 AM
dux
dux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond reputedux has a reputation beyond repute
PorshceCrazy - Has the worm finally turned?

From a TTS to a Macan to an A6 Diesel and an RS6? That is truly a range of biblical proportions.

Speedsterr - You got nuttin.

Last edited by dux; 12-12-2013 at 07:12 AM.
Old 12-12-2013, 07:13 AM
trysixty is a name known to alltrysixty is a name known to alltrysixty is a name known to alltrysixty is a name known to alltrysixty is a name known to alltrysixty is a name known to all
Congrats SuzyRS5.............your Boxster must be something if it is a lot more fun than any Carrera.

Old 12-12-2013, 07:18 AM
bccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant futurebccars has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by speedsterr
Hey Suzy why are you allowed to cross shop a macan, turbo, and c4s and I'm not allowed to cross shop my weird completely unrelated selection of cars? hmmmmm??? lol
LOL, maybe you and Suzy could get together in a selfhelp group, CA, Cars Anonymous ?!

Old 12-12-2013, 07:44 AM
Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !Suzy991 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by LPB987S
Congrats !! The RS5 is a gorgeous car. The flared fenders and that grill give the car a much more aggressive look than the rest of the 5 line up. What colours are you thinking about for it? I drove an S5 and thought the steering was light and numb. Does the RS have a different set up?
Thanks. We're thinking about Suzukagrey metallic, Misano red metallic or Phantom black metallic.
The steering is nothing compared to a 911 or Boxster. It feels numb indeed, although with the dynamic steering setup, it gets slightly better, but it never drives like a sportscar.
But it is not intended to be a sportscar or as a replacement for a 991 or 981. It will be mostly my GF's daily driver (she only drives 7000-10000km a year) and a car for nice summer trips to Italy or Cote d'Azur and occasionally for me to have fun with that V8

Originally Posted by bccars
Congrats Suzy. I flirted with the idea briefly to get an RS5 before I got my 991.
Thanks. I owned an S5 cabriolet, when I was living in Belgium. Had to sell it when we moved to Switzerland andI still miss that car often. Always loved the design very much.

Originally Posted by speedsterr
Hahaha... I'm not cross-shopping these cars.

My first intention was to replace my businesscar (Audi SQ5 TDI) AND my privat car (Boxster S) with one car, the 991 TTS.
Like I said in my write-up I decided not to do that, because of several reasons. This meant that I needed a replacement for my SQ5 because that had done too much milage in one year (85000km), so that will now be replaced by the A6 Avant.

I didn't really need a replacement for my Boxster (2013 car) and got somehow over the idea that I "needed" a 911. As a fun car, the Boxster is good enough. The TTS is 3x more expensive, but nowhere near a 3x better car. If it had to be my daily driver, it would have been a different story. Than I would have ordered the 991 TTS... no doubt about it.

Originally Posted by dux
PorshceCrazy - Has the worm finally turned? From a TTS to a Macan to an A6 Diesel and an RS6? That is truly a range of biblical proportions. Speedsterr - You got nuttin.
See reaction on Speedsterr

Originally Posted by trysixty
Congrats SuzyRS5.............your Boxster must be something if it is a lot more fun than any Carrera.
Never said it was a lot better... I said that as a fun car, it is equally as good (if not better) than a 991. As a daily driver, the Boxster doesn't come near a 991.
The only thing I do with that Boxster is drive on twisty mountainroads, below speeds of let's say 100mph. No Autobahn, very occasionally driving in traffic.

I don't need a 991 to do that. A 991 Carrera (no matter which one) also lacks the torque at low revs, just like the Boxster does. Only the TTS will overcome that problem, but that problems only shows at the Autobahn or in traffic/driving in town.

For an insipred drive in the mountains, I will use the Boxster and can keep the revs up....
For a relaxed drive in the Alps or wherever, we have the RS5....
And for my daily driving/business use/long trips Switzerland<->Belgium, we have the A6 Avant. Everybody happy and we saved a lot of money in the process too...
That means we can buy other stuff we like hahaha

Suzy991 (iOS app)

Last edited by Suzy991; 12-12-2013 at 09:09 AM.
Old 12-12-2013, 08:23 AM
The RS5 has an intoxicating engine soundtrack. At the time I bookmarked in my favorites a youtube video of a French guy driving around town in his RS5. The sound was awesome. I'll try to dig that up sometime !

Edit: think I found it

Last edited by bccars; 12-12-2013 at 08:26 AM.
Old 12-12-2013, 08:24 AM
Here's the A6 as ordered. 6-8 weeks waiting before it gets delivered.... (Probably with winter wheels :-/)

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1613670776.png
Views:	470
Size:	1.01 MB
ID:	310717

Suzy991 (iOS app)

Old 12-12-2013, 08:27 AM
Originally Posted by bccars
The RS5 has an intoxicating engine soundtrack. At the time I bookmarked in my favorites a youtube video of a French guy tearing up the city in his RS5. The sound was awesome. I'll try to dig that up sometime !
Yes the sound is indeed intoxicating
I think it is the closest a European car can get to an American musclecar, but with the german refinement. My GF loves old american musclecars (her dad always owned and restored them as a hobby) so she is very happy now

Edit: Great video BTW!
Here's another good video of the RS5 (coupe):

Suzy991 (iOS app)

Last edited by Suzy991; 12-12-2013 at 08:47 AM.
Old 12-12-2013, 09:19 AM
Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !
Suzy, wow...you made this decision look so very hard...but if you enjoyed going through this experience (as I'd and any other enthusiast would do ), that's a different story. It makes sense for you to buy a sedan or bigger car as most if the realtors do ( driving customers around etc). Glad to see brain taking precedence over heart here. Happy for ya .

Old 12-12-2013, 09:36 AM
Originally Posted by Fester
Suzy, wow...you made this decision look so very hard...but if you enjoyed going through this experience (as I'd and any other enthusiast would do ), that's a different story. It makes sense for you to buy a sedan or bigger car as most if the realtors do ( driving customers around etc). Glad to see brain taking precedence over heart here. Happy for ya .
My business comes first, so I have to be rational at some point.

But don't be surprised if within a year I have C4S or something like that on my driveway... I have the Boxster and I am satisfied with that car for now, so I leave that option open. I am still young, so plenty of time to buy a 911

Suzy991 (iOS app)

Old 12-12-2013, 09:40 AM
Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !Fester Is a GOD !
Ok...until you get 991...we are going to call you Suzy 981

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: What is Suzy 991 Going to Do?