GT3 RS Pull Strap Key Chain

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-14-2014, 07:51 AM
Money2536 has a reputation beyond reputeMoney2536 has a reputation beyond reputeMoney2536 has a reputation beyond reputeMoney2536 has a reputation beyond reputeMoney2536 has a reputation beyond reputeMoney2536 has a reputation beyond reputeMoney2536 has a reputation beyond reputeMoney2536 has a reputation beyond reputeMoney2536 has a reputation beyond reputeMoney2536 has a reputation beyond reputeMoney2536 has a reputation beyond repute
GT3 RS Pull Strap Key Chain

http://www.suncoastparts.com/product...1S_InteriorKEY

When I saw this in SM_ATLs mega thread, I had to have it. Well, I think I added it to the cart at Suncoast about a dozen times, but I just couldn't convince myself to pull the trigger on a $110 piece of nylon. So I decided I was going to make one. I ordered some black key rings and started searching eBay for some red and black nylon. I figured how hard can it be. While searching I stumbled up a pair of new OEM Porsche GT3 RS pull straps on eBay. The thread had Buy it Now or Make an offer, so I offered $100. They countered at $118, and I bought them. The good news is that I now have one for each key. I'll just chalk it up to the typical P-Car premium, but feel a little smarter getting two for the price of one.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	photo.jpg
Views:	2949
Size:	504.9 KB
ID:	333946  
Old 02-14-2014, 07:56 AM
chuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud ofchuckbdc has much to be proud of
Talking

Originally Posted by Money2536
http://www.suncoastparts.com/product...1S_InteriorKEY

When I saw this in SM_ATLs mega thread, I had to have it. Well, I think I added it to the cart at Suncoast about a dozen times, but I just couldn't convince myself to pull the trigger on a $110 piece of nylon. So I decided I was going to make one. I ordered some black key rings and started searching eBay for some red and black nylon. I figured how hard can it be. While searching I stumbled up a pair of new OEM Porsche GT3 RS pull straps on eBay. The thread had Buy it Now or Make an offer, so I offered $100. They countered at $118, and I bought them. The good news is that I now have one for each key. I'll just chalk it up to the typical P-Car premium, but feel a little smarter getting two for the price of one.
Fantastic- and with the savings you are all set to buy something else for your habit!!

Old 04-23-2014, 10:30 PM
lobuzz311 has a spectacular aura aboutlobuzz311 has a spectacular aura about
I love this keychain, but I hate the pricetag...

I also thought that it could be made, but I'm no seamstress, so I outsourced.
I contacted someone on Etsy who makes bags and other stuff out of seatbelt nylon to see if they could replicate the keychain. He ended up making a prototype (!!!) within a day to show me. Pretty cool. The strap is 1.5" wide, so it's a bit wider than the official one, but I think it still looks pretty cool. He did say that it's rough since it's just a trial. He said he could make it any length, and that the black loop part could be shortened. Also, stitching is either black or gray.
Anyway, I wanted to see if there was any interest from others on here. I'm going to have one made regardless, but I figured there might be others who don't feel like dropping 100 bucks on a strip of material.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	EpZlXQs.jpg
Views:	3836
Size:	14.2 KB
ID:	365010  
Old 04-25-2014, 07:59 AM
brownan is a jewel in the roughbrownan is a jewel in the roughbrownan is a jewel in the rough
As an owner of two of those pulls in the car and one on the keychain, I can tell you that they remain a pretty bright red color for about a month. But they're cool nevertheless.

Old 04-25-2014, 08:45 AM
trysixty is a name known to alltrysixty is a name known to alltrysixty is a name known to alltrysixty is a name known to alltrysixty is a name known to alltrysixty is a name known to all
Originally Posted by brownan
As an owner of two of those pulls in the car and one on the keychain, I can tell you that they remain a pretty bright red color for about a month. But they're cool nevertheless.

so there outrageously priced and low quality but cool?? are you using on the plastic dashboard ignition key or on the two keyless devices??

have you tried the GT3 inside door strap from suncoast for $600?? same cheap material looks like but a little wider.