Stock Rear Diffuse

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-07-2015, 05:44 AM
PorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond repute
Stock Rear Diffuse

Anyone have pics or detailed instructions on how to remove the rear stock diffuser? My search uncovered a few posts that provide general information on removal, but nothing specific and none with pictures. Thanks.

Old 04-07-2015, 07:42 AM
plenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant futureplenum has a brilliant future
Not that hard of a job.... Oh, and that "diffuser" is known as a "rear skirt" in official PAG documentation.

I don't have pics, but here are the steps:

(You may want to remove entire bumper cover for making it a bit easier, but you don't have to IIR)

1. Remove tailpipe shield covers -- these are the two black plastic arches around the tailpipes. To remove insert a screwdriver between the tailpipe shield cover on the rear bumper cover and rear skirt and release the locking lugs (3 or 4) all the way around at the same time. Then press the tailpipe shield cover out of the rear bumper cover.

2. Remove bottom retaining strip -- Sounds scary, but you will have to drill out plastic retaining rivets and pull of the bottom retaining strip.

3. Remove rear "skirt" -- Release locking lugs using a screwdriver. If I recall correctly there are 14 lugs that you pop-free using the screwdriver.

At this point the skirt should be free.

Hope this helps. I may be able to snap some pics of the parts later today if I have some time. There may also be others on this forum that have removed themselves, and perhaps they did it differently.

Good luck!

Old 04-07-2015, 08:17 AM
PorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond reputePorscheCrazy has a reputation beyond repute
Plenum - leave it up to you to know how to do it. My future posts regarding any mods will begin with -- "Plenum do you know how to . . . "

Thanks a lot. Any pics if you can would be great!

If any other members have any pics or additional hints, please post.

Thanks all -- and P -- you are awesome.

Old 04-07-2015, 09:28 AM
Compukidd is infamous around these parts
Did you buy a new "rear skirt" carbon maybe?