996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

DIY: Yellow to White Lights (with LEDs and Blue Halogens)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-20-2009, 03:54 PM
Blue Monster is a jewel in the roughBlue Monster is a jewel in the roughBlue Monster is a jewel in the rough
DIY: Yellow to White Lights (with LEDs and Blue Halogens)

The mix and match of the white HID Headlights and the yellowish sidemarker, parking lights, and foglights always looked strange to me. For less than $40, you can make them all white. Here is what I used:

Sidemarker LEDs from www.superbrightleds.com circled in red (they just fit)

Parking light LEDs (BAX9) from
http://superlumination.com/otherleds.htm
H6W BAX9s 64132 Bayonet Bulbs (Offset Bayonet Pins)

Foglights Blue Halogens(H3s)
http://superlumination.com/headlights.htm

Special thanks to M32 for his advice

here are the photos:

Attached Images      
Old 02-20-2009, 05:01 PM
ExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond repute
very nice.. thanks!

Old 02-20-2009, 05:42 PM
NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !
Thanks for the info!

Old 02-20-2009, 05:49 PM
Blue Monster is a jewel in the roughBlue Monster is a jewel in the roughBlue Monster is a jewel in the rough
An addtional photo

this photo shows the transition a little bit better

Attached Images  
Old 02-20-2009, 06:23 PM
Small Shrimp is a name known to allSmall Shrimp is a name known to allSmall Shrimp is a name known to allSmall Shrimp is a name known to allSmall Shrimp is a name known to allSmall Shrimp is a name known to all
Great job!

Old 02-20-2009, 07:05 PM
NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !
Since we are talking about bulbs...

You guys may also want to go with the chrome plated bulbs for the blinkers up front and back. 7507 amber for front, 7507 red for rear.

Also, the door lights are also 168/194 bulbs like the side markers. The side dome lights are also 168/194. The middle one is a festoon 42mm.

Old 02-21-2009, 10:09 AM
Originally Posted by ExclusiveTT
very nice.. thanks!
Originally Posted by NineNineSixTT
Thanks for the info!
Originally Posted by Small Shrimp
Great job!
Thank you, would never have felt comfortable enough to do this without the advice/input/motivation from fellow 6speeders

Old 02-21-2009, 11:58 AM
calfrank is infamous around these parts
Looks pretty good. Thinking of changing mine too. =)

Old 09-13-2009, 10:01 PM
acf
acf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to behold
Maybe I missed something, but just to be sure, these bulbs dont cause any over heating or plastic melting?

Old 09-14-2009, 07:20 AM
Originally Posted by aaronchanfilms
Maybe I missed something, but just to be sure, these bulbs dont cause any over heating or plastic melting?
I have had no problems, all bulbs still working today.

Old 09-14-2009, 11:30 AM
OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !
leds dont produce alot of heat like a light bulb does

Old 09-14-2009, 02:12 PM
292 is infamous around these parts
Cool... Thanks for the info. I have been thinking about doing this, but never know which bulbs I should get.

Mike

Old 09-14-2009, 06:16 PM
beckham23 is a jewel in the roughbeckham23 is a jewel in the roughbeckham23 is a jewel in the roughbeckham23 is a jewel in the rough
Thanks!! I am always a big fan of fog lights (don't know why)...but the stock look always discourage me from even turning them on...this is great news!!

Old 09-14-2009, 06:23 PM
Kato is just really niceKato is just really niceKato is just really niceKato is just really niceKato is just really nice
Hmmmm.... nice, cheap project!

Old 09-14-2009, 06:31 PM
oak
oak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud of
color matched lights? = mad power!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: DIY: Yellow to White Lights (with LEDs and Blue Halogens)