996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Tubi Muffler Exhaust Failure!!! (quality issue???)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-05-2009, 01:26 PM
angldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud of
Angry Tubi Muffler Exhaust Failure!!! (quality issue???)

Guys, this sucks. I recommended Tubis to all my friends because I loved the sound of them and talk about bad luck, my own set failed

I thought the quality of Tubi was suppose to be pretty damn good! how could this happen?

Spiderweb cracks showed up about 6 months ago when Paul at Protosport/Protomotive was servicing the car. He welded the cracks for me the first time then 6 months later, the cracking came back and it was even worse.

When I showed these pictures to Champion and Tubi, they are saying that the welds have something to do with the second time failure. But the funny thing is the muffler on the other side of my car is having the same cracking and that side hasn't never been fixed or welded before!!

Here are some pictures (you can judge yourself):

I bought them brand new from Brandywine Porsche at retail price 2.5 years ago. I tried getting them warrantied and I am getting a lot of problems since the warranty is only valid for 2 years. I even tried contacting Champion Motorsport directly too. Anybody have a friend or contact at those two places who can help me out? It sucks having to take a loss for 2k (retail is 2.6k, i bought them onsale for 2k from Brandywine Porsche) and then spend money buying new mufflers.

Why won't Tubi or Champion stand behind the products they sell?

Thanks!

Jason

Last edited by angldrkns9; 11-05-2009 at 03:28 PM.
Old 11-05-2009, 02:18 PM
angldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud ofangldrkns9 has much to be proud of
Video of inside rattle

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yuc6qcNqloM

Old 11-05-2009, 02:20 PM
iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !iJeremy Is a GOD !
Sure looks/sounds like moisture has gotten in there and had it's way with things. Over the course of 2 years its hard to say... Very sorry about the headache you're left with.

Old 11-05-2009, 02:37 PM
Basic Sponsor
PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !
Wow...that looks really bad. Hopefully they will send you a replacement unit

Edwin

Old 11-05-2009, 02:42 PM
Talk about a joke of a response......

I got a call 15 minutes after sending Tubi USA and Tubi Italy an email from the head of Tubi USA... he says he is VERY unhappy with the video i posted and his explaination is the earlier Tubi mufflers used thinner walls to minimize weight and the issue has been resolved now.... he cannot warranty them BUT he can offer me replacements at his cost.... after a few minutes of him flipping through papers, he comes up with the number $1890 and free shipping... i bought mine for $2000 brand new from a porsche dealer..... what he is trying to pull? after i told him how much i paid he says he needs to call me back.... I guess Tubi has no customer service what so-ever... BUYER BEWAREEEE... i am seriously considering reporting them to the Better Business Bureau

Old 11-05-2009, 02:46 PM
Basic Sponsor
PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !
I would hope that Tubi would goodwill it since it was only 6 months outside of warranty

Edwin

Old 11-05-2009, 02:52 PM
i really hope Tubi USA or Tubi Italy calls me back with some better news... i don't see why they are not willing to warranty their product... we're not talking about a $500 exhaust system here

Old 11-05-2009, 02:55 PM
BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !
Issue has been resolved now = we had this happen to others, know about it, and fixed it in NEW mufflers..... The metal does look pretty embrittled there on the ends. Stainless right?

Old 11-05-2009, 03:02 PM
i believe stainless steel

Old 11-05-2009, 03:06 PM
jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !
I wont be buying Tubi...

Old 11-05-2009, 03:11 PM
Jersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to behold
Really sorry for your headache. I was really sold on Europipe from the first time I spoke with Stef there. The quality is #1 and they are 100% behind their product. Had my first set on two different TT coupes over 4 years and it looked new when I sold the car. The one I have now still looks like jewelery. Expensive but worth the peace of mind.
Tubi should do you better than "their" cost. That is not their cost to produce. Good luck resolving.
JS

Old 11-05-2009, 03:16 PM
rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !
this is so good info, thank you, and i was so bent on buying a tubi exhaust....

Old 11-05-2009, 03:34 PM
i'll take pictures of the other muffer that has never been repaired before when Paul gets back from the PCA event at VIR.. should be Monday or Tuesday

Old 11-05-2009, 03:43 PM
deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !
Wow, that sucks. At the bare minimum they should repair them since they knew there was a problem with your version. These aren't ebay mufflers from Taiwan.....

Old 11-05-2009, 03:58 PM
split is infamous around these partssplit is infamous around these partssplit is infamous around these partssplit is infamous around these parts
good to know. no tubi for me ever! they better replace both mufflers for free otherwise they're going to lose a lot of customers!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Tubi Muffler Exhaust Failure!!! (quality issue???)