996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Thought I Would Try and It Fit!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-01-2009, 03:08 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Thought I Would Try and It Fit!

Well we had one of our highly modded 996 Turbos in the shop and I thought the 997 roll bar should fit so we gave it the old college try and what do you know, it fit!!!!!!!!!

So now our awesomely safe, functional, and stylish Roll Bar is available for all 996 models. We wanted to have something that would provide us the ultimate in protection but also be functional for those days where you needed the back seats in our roll bar design. Unlike other roll bars we have seen, there is no drilling required with the Agency Power unit. This roll bar is a direct fit using the factory seat belt mounting points with the CNC machined bushings included. To 1 UP the competition, we have added functionality by creating a seperate removable diagonal and harness bar.

The harness bar is essential for those at the track running their 4 or 5 point harnesses to keep them secured in the seat. The diagonal bar is added safety for roll over accidents and together they add rigidity to the chassis. However both these are removable to provide full functionality of the rear seats. Each bar is independent of each other mounting securely in place with the hardware provided. Another factor we added in production of this roll bar is to lower the height for easy installation and clearance on sunroof vehicles. Other companies roll bars are really designed for non sunroof cars or full track applications. As we found out testing another product, this hits your headliner causing damage to the beautiful suede interior.

Once installed, there is plenty of room to recline the seat or even move it backwards for the taller drivers. These bars meet safety regulations required by most event associations. To build these roll bars, a CNC precision mandrel bender was used to create the basic hoop shape which fits all Porsche 996 997 Turbo, Carrera, GT2, and GT3. The 1.5" diameter 1010 steel bars are robotically welded together.

For pricing inquiries, send a PM!

http://www.vividracing.com/catalog/a...o-p-74008.html

Old 12-01-2009, 03:39 PM
soslo is infamous around these parts
Looks great!! How many bolts are actually attached to the car chassis? Is it pretty easy to install and remove?

Old 12-01-2009, 03:41 PM
OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !
nice work, dan did the designer do any stress testing on the bars or load testing to see if the attachment points handle enough load?

i know most of the racing cage companies dont do this just manufacture them within the guidelines of certain agencies

and are these cages FIA approved?

Old 12-01-2009, 03:44 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
soslo - there is 4 points it attachs to and can easily come in and out.

OS - good question. these are private labeled for our Agency Power brand by a company that produces bars for others. So the hoop and mount design has been tested. The center bars are the same except I had them built to be removable. Are the gauges FIA approved... No, this is more of a weekend DE safety product. If you are racing in something that is FIA approved, you probably need it fixed to the chassis and have door bars, etc.

Old 12-01-2009, 03:52 PM
OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !OS Inspector Is a GOD !
i need a bar that complies with DE events PCA, texas mile and 1/4mile upto 11sec does this bar meet those requirements?

other bars ive looked at are the GMG and DAS sport bars and tequipment

Old 12-01-2009, 03:53 PM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
Good honest answer ^^^. Looks like a great weekend DE bar !

Old 12-01-2009, 03:58 PM
Former Vendor
Texas Mile - Yes
1/4 Mile - Depends on Sanctioning Body and/or Track. 1 track let me run a 134 at 11.4 no issues. Other kicked me out at under 11.5 cause I did not have door bars.
PCA DE Events - Yes

The mounting points are the same in the front as the DAS, except the DAS goes all the way back to your strut tops. So for convenience, that one is tough. Great product. GMG does not make their 996TT cage anymore according to their site, but the mounting points are the same. According to my friends at Suncoast and local Scottsdale Porsche, getting new Tequipment cages is not possible anymore. However our cage uses the same mounting points theirs did.

Old 12-01-2009, 04:05 PM
Thanks for your time Dan can you pm me pricing and shipping to Todd's shop here in houston?

Old 12-01-2009, 04:44 PM
Former Vendor
Will send a PM.

Old 12-01-2009, 06:21 PM
Former Vendor
Old 12-01-2009, 06:49 PM
MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !
Dan,
I think Iam going to need one of these...
Do you know how much it weighs?

Old 12-02-2009, 08:42 AM
Former Vendor
I have Gloss Black, Matte Black, Silver, and maybe 1 white one here, so call me. They are so light I can bench press it with my ****! Not heavy, will gladly weight it.

Old 12-02-2009, 09:17 AM
x50plt is a splendid one to beholdx50plt is a splendid one to beholdx50plt is a splendid one to beholdx50plt is a splendid one to beholdx50plt is a splendid one to beholdx50plt is a splendid one to beholdx50plt is a splendid one to behold
roll bars

does this setup allow the seat to go all the way back? It looks like the bars behind the seat are curved. great design. please pm me with the price. thanks Greg

Old 12-02-2009, 09:22 AM
Former Vendor
Yes you can get the seat way back. I sold one to a 997 guy who had the same question as he was 6'3" and 300lbs. Will send a PM.

Old 12-04-2009, 01:11 PM
Former Vendor
Thanks for the order MBailey. Cant wait for your pics.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Thought I Would Try and It Fit!