996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Kinesis F110 wheels cracked! A must see!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-23-2011, 06:29 PM
Nikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant future
Simply responding in a positive manner to handle this situation would go miles for this business. Correct the mistakes (go above and beyond) that were made for both the original owner, the new owner and own up to the real issue at hand - safety. People make mistakes. Handle it correctly and business can go on. Handle it poorly, and it will fail quickly.

Old 03-23-2011, 06:55 PM
Anthony996tt is infamous around these partsAnthony996tt is infamous around these parts
Thank God your alright. That's all that really matters.

Old 03-23-2011, 07:16 PM
Basic has a brilliant futureBasic has a brilliant futureBasic has a brilliant futureBasic has a brilliant futureBasic has a brilliant futureBasic has a brilliant futureBasic has a brilliant futureBasic has a brilliant futureBasic has a brilliant futureBasic has a brilliant futureBasic has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by mpegripper
in my experience race tracks have been much much kinder to wheels than public roads
You don't know our local track

Originally Posted by GT3 Chuck
the original owner Kato made this post in March of last year:

"I have both rear wheels as well that can go with the fronts. However, one has two sheared spokes (torque I'm told) and the other "looks" perfect but we think it has a hairline fracture in one of the spokes. Somebody can have them all for a very fair price. One rear should NOT be repaired. I don't know about other but I'm selling as-is. Talk to me if you want them and we can work something fair out. I have new wheels already and just want to move these for a fair price."
Thanks Chuck, not buying the over torque though but do agree with possible quality control issues or physical impact damage. I am going to keep a very close eye on mine that's for sure.

Old 03-23-2011, 07:29 PM
atisvt99 has a brilliant futureatisvt99 has a brilliant futureatisvt99 has a brilliant futureatisvt99 has a brilliant futureatisvt99 has a brilliant futureatisvt99 has a brilliant futureatisvt99 has a brilliant futureatisvt99 has a brilliant futureatisvt99 has a brilliant futureatisvt99 has a brilliant futureatisvt99 has a brilliant future
I'm sure we have a few lawyers on this board... I really wonder if there are any legal actions that can be taken against the seller or more specifically the shop - negligence, reckless endangerment, and worse yet what COULD have been involuntary man-slaughter??? Simply amazing to me... And to hear that Don's little girl was in the car?!?! I'd setup camp at WD's front door until the issue was resolved. It's every fathers God-given responsibility to protect his child - and WD along with this entire chain of shady events KNOWINGLY, albeit indirectly, put his little girl directly in harm's way...

Don, as others have voiced, in the end, we're all just grateful that things turned out the way they did and that you (AND your little girl) are still with us!

Old 03-23-2011, 07:36 PM
TT/T is infamous around these parts
But in reading what the "OP" stated:
"I have both rear wheels as well that can go with the fronts. However, one has two sheared spokes (torque I'm told) and the other "looks" perfect but we think it has a hairline fracture in one of the spokes. Somebody can have them all for a very fair price. One rear should NOT be repaired. I don't know about other but I'm selling as-is. Talk to me if you want them and we can work something fair out. I have new wheels already and just want to move these for a fair price."

The mess that ultimately transpired could have easily been avoided once the damages were originally discovered.

Though damage disclosure was given, an opportunity exsisted for this future mess to possibly happen when the offer, "Talk to me if you want them and we can work something fair out.", was presented.

And concurrent with the offer, this statement was made, "One rear should NOT be repaired."

IMHO, the right thing to do with these wheels was a visit to the local dumpster...

What fair price really exsist in damaged/broken goods?

But in fairness to the "OP", there's no way he could have predicted what people are willing to do to make a buck...

But bottom line, God's grace prevailed so that Don and his daughter escaped harm.

Last edited by TT/T; 03-26-2011 at 09:08 PM.
Old 03-23-2011, 07:50 PM
Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by atisvt99
I'm sure we have a few lawyers on this board... I really wonder if there are any legal actions that can be taken against the seller or more specifically the shop - negligence, reckless endangerment, and worse yet what COULD have been involuntary man-slaughter??? Simply amazing to me... And to hear that Don's little girl was in the car?!?! I'd setup camp at WD's front door until the issue was resolved. It's every fathers God-given responsibility to protect his child - and WD along with this entire chain of shady events KNOWINGLY, albeit indirectly, put his little girl directly in harm's way...

Don, as others have voiced, in the end, we're all just grateful that things turned out the way they did and that you (AND your little girl) are still with us!
civil legal action yes, state or federal, no. Not likely to meet threshold that a USA would take on. There was also no injury and thus no victim. Even monetarily the cumulative dollar threshold would not be met most likely for what a states attorney would take as there is no egregious past actions like this from the dealer.

However, civil action can be taken and I feel could easily win in small claims court. If it has to go that far. I am sure dealer will make amends for this.

Old 03-23-2011, 07:55 PM
DJM
DJM is just really niceDJM is just really niceDJM is just really niceDJM is just really nice
Originally Posted by Nikolas
Simply responding in a positive manner to handle this situation would go miles for this business. Correct the mistakes (go above and beyond) that were made for both the original owner, the new owner and own up to the real issue at hand - safety. People make mistakes. Handle it correctly and business can go on. Handle it poorly, and it will fail quickly.
Agree, surprised this has gone on this long, I don't own a business but surely this can't be good for business.

Old 03-23-2011, 07:56 PM
Former Vendor
Wheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Dynamics has a reputation beyond repute
I know some of you might think that all vendors are logged-on to 6-spd all day long, that’s not the case, fortunately we have been busy lately which is usually the reason for not being here as often. I have allowed for everyone to add wood/fuel to this fire, and I’ve listened to some make reasonable remarks and some just who just added comments without knowing everything since it would appear they just jumped in after reading the first post...

__________________________________________________ ____________

Joe was sold a set of used wheels, Joe came to the shop and was informed that these wheels had previously been damaged and he was allowed to inspect the wheels while he waited for us to mount his tires. Because we don't know the nature of the driving habits of each customer with used wheels we only offer a warranty & or sometimes even an exchange in good-faith as we did in this situation.

Because I can't moderate who "Joe" (MrDeezy) sells to or what he tells his potential buyers it's really out of my hands if he decides to tell his buyer they are new with less than 200-miles or they are used and have previous damage to them. This is proof admitted even by Don in the following post:

"Joe" (MrDeezy) regarding his sale to "Don" (Dgreen78)
I sold Don the wheels. I admit I made a mistake, an error in judgment. He knew that they were being worked on by Wheel Dynamics.
Although i did not admit to the extend to what they were worked on.

I must add that I even offered to "transfer a 6-month warranty to "Joe" (MrDeezy)'s new buyer.

I offered a settlement to Joe’s customer based on an effort to end this whole ordeal in the amount of 2/3 of the purchased price from "Joe" (MrDeezy) regarding his sale to "Don" (Dgreen78) even though this wasn't my transaction.

I came up with 2/3 as I was never given fair opportunity to speak with "Don" (Dgreen78) prior to his weekend post. The first time I spoke with "Don" (Dgreen78) was A WEEK-DAY AFTER he had already posted and later edited his thread.

Here are the reasons why I didn't offer a 100% refund on a transaction between two parties.

1.) "Joe" (MrDeezy) : failure to provide his buyer with history of the wheels he sold to "Don" (Dgreen78).

2.) "Don" (Dgreen78) : chose to create a negative post against us our business which as has been in good standings with the Porsche community for ten years.

In closing I would like to say that due to threats of litigation from "Don" (Dgreen78) on 3/22/2011 we will limit our participation in this thread. We are also retracting our offer to "Don" as it appears he'd rather keep on point with this thread rather than to accept our offer.

Many of you know who we are and have done business with us in the past, we have organized local runs, countless meets and driving events. We are part of the Porsche community and will not go away due to an out of control thread. Almost every major company has been put on blast for the silliest of things, I was sent a message during this ordeal from a past customer and friend of mine which I guess I don’t know how to take but I will share it with your “No publicity is bad publicity”. I truly never expected we would ever get this sort of exposure but it is what it is, I can’t moderator or stop public participation.

Those of you who have had the opportunity to meet and deal with us know that this matter has a lot of grey areas. We have also repaired almost every wheel ever manufactured not only Porsche but all other makes and models. With this being said we have never had any public negative feedback for a wheel which failed under normal driving conditions. Most of the time damage can re-appear due to damages caused by imperfections in the road or even the level of HP in which a wheel is stressed. Since I've been in the business so long I've been able to see anything from a brand new wheel shattered completely from one track day to wheels completely split in two after one burn-out, I say this because there are many levels of stress which will break, crack or destroy a wheel given the right amount of stress. Of course we are in business to prosper, it's silly when some make it all about money, we'd done what we can do in all fairness given the status of the situation and hope you'll see the value in our offers made to a buyer we never sold anything to in the first place.

We will be happy to inspect this wheel and perform a run-out test to show any damage which many have occurred after leaving our facility.

Thank you again for taking the time to read our reply,

-Eli

Old 03-23-2011, 07:56 PM
Administrator
IB Tim Is a GOD !IB Tim Is a GOD !IB Tim Is a GOD !IB Tim Is a GOD !IB Tim Is a GOD !IB Tim Is a GOD !IB Tim Is a GOD !IB Tim Is a GOD !IB Tim Is a GOD !IB Tim Is a GOD !IB Tim Is a GOD !
Key element.
Originally Posted by Prche951
civil legal action yes, state or federal, no. Not likely to meet threshold that a USA would take on. There was also no injury and thus no victim. Even monetarily the cumulative dollar threshold would not be met most likely for what a states attorney would take as there is no egregious past actions like this from the dealer.

However, civil action can be taken and I feel could easily win in small claims court. If it has to go that far. I am sure dealer will make amends for this.

Old 03-23-2011, 08:03 PM
powderjay is a splendid one to beholdpowderjay is a splendid one to beholdpowderjay is a splendid one to beholdpowderjay is a splendid one to beholdpowderjay is a splendid one to beholdpowderjay is a splendid one to beholdpowderjay is a splendid one to beholdpowderjay is a splendid one to behold
My wife just asked me why anybody would buy used wheels!?! Having bought a few used sets myself ( thanks booyaka! ) I say, so there is money left over for the; kitchen remodel/ new rugs/ kids college ect. I see she may now have a point! DAMN YOU shady wheel sellers!

Old 03-23-2011, 08:08 PM
Banned
mrdeezy is just really nicemrdeezy is just really nicemrdeezy is just really nicemrdeezy is just really nicemrdeezy is just really nice
"Joe was sold a set of used wheels, Joe came to the shop and was informed that these wheels had previously been damaged and he was allowed to inspect the wheels while he waited for us to mount his tires. Because we don't know the nature of the driving habits of each customer with used wheels we only offer a warranty & or sometimes even an exchange in good-faith as we did in this situation."

Thats such bull**** Eli, you told me they were re-sprayed in gunmetal.I would be pretty dumb to hand you 2800 bucks in cash for those wheels if knew they had been sheared.You (-used to be-) a popular vendor on this board.That made me trust you.
I see where that got me.

Old 03-23-2011, 08:10 PM
TekNiC3 is infamous around these partsTekNiC3 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Wheel Dynamics
Thank you again for taking the time to read our reply,

-Eli
Actually, no thanks needed. I read the first few lines and then stopped.

There are no excuses that makes any sense. These wheels SHOULD NOT HAVE BEEN FIXED AND SOLD in the first place!

Old 03-23-2011, 08:12 PM
TekNiC3 is infamous around these partsTekNiC3 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by mrdeezy
"Joe was sold a set of used wheels, Joe came to the shop and was informed that these wheels had previously been damaged and he was allowed to inspect the wheels while he waited for us to mount his tires. Because we don't know the nature of the driving habits of each customer with used wheels we only offer a warranty & or sometimes even an exchange in good-faith as we did in this situation."

Thats such bull**** Eli, you told me they were re-sprayed in gunmetal.I would be pretty dumb to hand you 2800 bucks in cash for those wheels if knew they had been sheared.You (-used to be-) a popular vendor on this board.That made me trust you.
I see where that got me.
I do not understand risking one's reputation for $2,800

Old 03-23-2011, 08:27 PM
Steamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond reputeSteamboat has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TekNiC3
I do not understand risking one's reputation for $2,800
No $hit. This could have gone away for a few thousand bucks. What are you guys thinking? Obviously you're not. Bye, bye........

Old 03-23-2011, 08:45 PM
Nikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant futureNikolas has a brilliant future
Really a full set of new wheels, reimbursement to the first buyer and more clarification of why the wheels were fixed and resold would go a lot further than retractions of past offers. I am pretty surprised by the response. Once a forged spoke on a narrow spoke design has sheared, it should be tossed, let alone several spokes more than once.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Kinesis F110 wheels cracked! A must see!