996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Anyone a member of the 200mph club?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-12-2003, 08:39 AM
KPV
KPV is just really niceKPV is just really niceKPV is just really niceKPV is just really nice
Anyone a member of the 200mph club?

I was contemplating whether my car has the power to aerodynamic drag ratio to break the 200mph barrier. It got me thinking.........................

Who is a member of the 200mph club?

If you are, please state the car, the conditions and the actual top speed traveled.

Old 12-12-2003, 09:33 AM
Ruf-Racer has a spectacular aura aboutRuf-Racer has a spectacular aura aboutRuf-Racer has a spectacular aura about
200 Club?

Yep! One eighty seven point 5 for 90 miles average and 208.5 official timing trap. Two eleven is best GPS observation.Longest run @ 200+ speed is 14 miles! Have about 150 runs above 200+ past four seasons.The car? Ruf VIN CTR built 2000 for the express purpose of open road racing. A 993TT platformed machine,the Cd is close to .28 with all the garbage such as mirrors,wipers removed & selective taping of course! Also have "A pillar fairings" which were worth a few mph. Top gear is Ruf factory 0.70. All runs at higher altitudes. Pirelli P Zero Asimetrico tires,fuel cell,fire system,door bars and full integrated roll cage from Ruf.
Now ,who wants to go run fast in Nevada? Come out and run,limited speed first time. Hell,even Watt did it.Bagged first place trophy in 120 class the first time out. Mail me for special treatment.

Roland Roth
Director of Communications
MKM Racing

openroadracing.com

Old 12-12-2003, 09:56 AM
buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !
I have never been to 200mph but I am guessing it would not be a problem with 773 hp!

Old 12-12-2003, 10:07 AM
watt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to behold
buddy boy,

come try it. it aint falling off a log but it's alot more fun than jail. ol' uncle roland will dial you in..

and if you lower your profile [unlikely], you can run all over nevada rather fast........

Old 12-12-2003, 10:09 AM
KPV
KPV is just really niceKPV is just really niceKPV is just really niceKPV is just really nice
Watt,
I sent Ruf Racer a PM. I am really interested. I need some direction on how to proceed. Can you help?

Old 12-12-2003, 10:22 AM
buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !buddyg Is a GOD !
Watt,

When is the next open road event? Ken do you want to do it together? We could share a transporter!

Old 12-12-2003, 10:29 AM
Frosty has much to be proud ofFrosty has much to be proud ofFrosty has much to be proud ofFrosty has much to be proud ofFrosty has much to be proud ofFrosty has much to be proud ofFrosty has much to be proud ofFrosty has much to be proud ofFrosty has much to be proud of
Originally posted by buddyg
I have never been to 200mph but I am guessing it would not be a problem with 773 hp!

I'm sure your car could do it but gearing has a lot to do with it also. Does anyone know what the top speed of the turbo is taking into account gearing and redline? I'm curious as to what it is.

I think power is the case with most cars to reach higher speeds but I currently drive a car (not a turbo) that is actually limited by gearing/redline/final drive as opposed to power.

Edit: This is my first post BTW, been lurking these boards and rennlist for a year or two now.

Old 12-12-2003, 10:32 AM
KPV
Buddy,
The new Dynamic Duo (BuddyG and KPV) has just been established. I am in!!
I do not answer to the name "Robin" though!!

Old 12-12-2003, 10:46 AM
Ruf-Racer has a spectacular aura aboutRuf-Racer has a spectacular aura aboutRuf-Racer has a spectacular aura about
Mail me boys!

Welcome aboard. Mail me(rolandroth@mac.com) after you read the rules. OK?

R

Old 12-12-2003, 10:47 AM
KPV
Going through it right now.

Old 12-12-2003, 11:00 AM
rockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond repute
Originally posted by buddyg

Would'nt you need a fuel cell to be allowed to approach that speed during an open road racing event??? Man, the thought of losing it at that speed scare's the pa jesus out of me. The only thought that comes to mind is the TV show opener for the 6 million dollar man..."He's breaking up, He's breaking up" Yikes!!!!

Old 12-12-2003, 11:02 AM
Ken,

Which one are we doing? The Bonneville or the Pony Express?

Old 12-12-2003, 11:04 AM
KPV
Ruf,
OK, I have many questions:
  1. As a first timer in this event, it sounds like I would be in the Touring Division. Is this true?
  2. Which class? T1, T2, T3, or T4?
  3. I have a Tequipment rollbar with Sabelt harnesses and GT3 seats for driver and passenger. Is this sufficient?
  4. Is the TQ bar sufficient if I move up to Grand Touring Division?
  5. I will need to get a fire extinguisher and bracket. Just a statement, not a question.
  6. I assume Grand Sport Division is out since it will require a fuel cell, fire suppression system and removable steering wheel?
  7. Is a navigator absolutely required?
  8. I found the Pony Express and Gamblers Run on the map but I can't seem to find Bonneville 100, where is it?

Last edited by KPV; 12-12-2003 at 11:26 AM.
Old 12-12-2003, 12:02 PM
maxiter is infamous around these parts
Re: 200 Club?

Originally posted by Ruf-Racer
Yep! One eighty seven point 5 for 90 miles average and 208.5 official timing trap. Two eleven is best GPS observation.Longest run @ 200+ speed is 14 miles! Have about 150 runs above 200+ past four seasons.The car? Ruf VIN CTR built 2000 for the express purpose of open road racing.
Any pics? Would love to see this machine.

Old 12-12-2003, 12:15 PM
watt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to behold
the bonneville is not scheduled, waiting for a repave date.

the pony express is 6/22 approx. [CFR help me out]. we can't post photos anymore but you probably remember my shots from there. gorgeous high desert road. do the pony

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Anyone a member of the 200mph club?