996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

FVD 996 GT3 Body Kit

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-05-2008, 02:36 PM
Premium Sponsor
Rhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond repute
FVD 996 GT3 Body Kit

Frontbumper "GT-Look" with top center air vent More info and Pricecheck

Rear bumper "GT-Look" with air vent More info and Pricecheck

Sid skirt set "GT-look" More info and Pricecheck

Contact me directly to get the latest FVD forum member discount!

Rhonda Roxburgh
+1-954-571-2050 x 1
rhonda.roxburgh@fvd.net

Visit our online shop for an extensive selection of tuning and original parts www.fvd.net

Old 12-05-2008, 04:20 PM
JackGt3 has a spectacular aura aboutJackGt3 has a spectacular aura about
horrible, wow

Old 12-05-2008, 06:25 PM
KelvinC is infamous around these parts
As far as the front bumper goes, I think most will agree that it's the vent that kills it...I know you have a bumper like this sans vent. You'll probably get some better responses if you post the non-vent version. Just an opinion, but I do love it when I see new options from our vendors.

Old 12-06-2008, 01:20 PM
CHAOS236 is infamous around these partsCHAOS236 is infamous around these parts
I think it looks outstanding!

Old 12-06-2008, 01:42 PM
zdr2k has much to be proud ofzdr2k has much to be proud ofzdr2k has much to be proud ofzdr2k has much to be proud ofzdr2k has much to be proud ofzdr2k has much to be proud ofzdr2k has much to be proud ofzdr2k has much to be proud ofzdr2k has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by KelvinC
As far as the front bumper goes, I think most will agree that it's the vent that kills it...I know you have a bumper like this sans vent. You'll probably get some better responses if you post the non-vent version. Just an opinion, but I do love it when I see new options from our vendors.

Kit looks great. I agree ^^, ventless bumper would be my choice. I understand these parts are fiberglass???

jb

Old 12-06-2008, 07:09 PM
1999 C4 Cab 6 Speed
my996 is infamous around these parts
Last thing you want is fiberglass bumper no matter what anyone says. I made the mistake of ordering one and it's a Monet (nice from a far but far from good). I will definitely switch when I get a chance.

Old 12-07-2008, 06:31 AM
Banned
jstrat85 is a name known to alljstrat85 is a name known to alljstrat85 is a name known to alljstrat85 is a name known to alljstrat85 is a name known to alljstrat85 is a name known to all
im not to crazy about it?? the vent needs to go asap!

Old 12-08-2008, 07:39 AM
Premium Sponsor
Rhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond reputeRhonda@FVD has a reputation beyond repute
KelvinC,

We do have a non top vent version for 1997-2001 996's , retail is $899.00

We also have a 2002-2005 996 version, which also retails for $ 899.00

Thanks,
Rhonda

Rhonda Roxburgh
+1-954-571-2050 x 1
rhonda.roxburgh@fvd.net

Visit our online shop for an extensive selection of tuning and original parts www.fvd.net

Old 12-08-2008, 07:45 AM
Premium Sponsor
Originally Posted by zdr2k
Kit looks great. I agree ^^, ventless bumper would be my choice. I understand these parts are fiberglass???

jb

jb,

They are GFK or "Glasfaserverstärkte Kunststoffe" is best described as "Fiberglass-reinforced plastics". They are a fiber plastic group from plastic (e.g., polyester resin, Epoxidharz or polyamide) and fiberglass*. Many German Tuners have used this material for years now as it has a more elastic "give" and is less prone to shattering than pure fiber glass, it has greater anti-coorosive properties and ultimately lasts longer.

If you would like more information check Wikipedia under "Glasfaserverstärkte Kunststoffe" this should be very helpful, although you may have to translate.

Thanks,
Rhonda

Rhonda Roxburgh
+1-954-571-2050 x 1
rhonda.roxburgh@fvd.net

Old 12-08-2008, 06:00 PM
1999 C4 Cab 6 Speed
my996 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Rhonda@FVD
KelvinC,

Thanks,
Rhonda
Do you have this in a MKII GT3 bumper? And a pic if you do.

Old 12-08-2008, 08:15 PM
uberpoop has a reputation beyond reputeuberpoop has a reputation beyond reputeuberpoop has a reputation beyond reputeuberpoop has a reputation beyond reputeuberpoop has a reputation beyond reputeuberpoop has a reputation beyond reputeuberpoop has a reputation beyond reputeuberpoop has a reputation beyond reputeuberpoop has a reputation beyond reputeuberpoop has a reputation beyond reputeuberpoop has a reputation beyond repute
I like the rear bumper.
I think the front with the vent might work if the vent size was massaged a little bit as well as moved up a few inches to be flush against the hood.

Old 12-09-2008, 02:45 PM
zdr2k has much to be proud ofzdr2k has much to be proud ofzdr2k has much to be proud ofzdr2k has much to be proud ofzdr2k has much to be proud ofzdr2k has much to be proud ofzdr2k has much to be proud ofzdr2k has much to be proud ofzdr2k has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Rhonda@FVD
KelvinC,

We also have a 2002-2005 996 version, which also retails for $ 899.00

Thanks,
Rhonda
would you pm package deal for the non-venteded kit (front, sides and rear)?

thx

jb

Old 12-09-2008, 03:12 PM
Premium Sponsor
Originally Posted by my996
Do you have this in a MKII GT3 bumper? And a pic if you do.
Sorry, we don't have a MKII Gt3 version....

Rhonda Roxburgh
+1-954-571-2050 x 1
rhonda.roxburgh@fvd.net

Old 12-09-2008, 03:13 PM
Premium Sponsor
Originally Posted by zdr2k
would you pm package deal for the non-venteded kit (front, sides and rear)?

thx

jb
pm sent.

Thanks,
Rhonda

Rhonda Roxburgh
+1-954-571-2050 x 1
rhonda.roxburgh@fvd.net

Old 05-20-2009, 08:41 PM
Doug996InKC is infamous around these partsDoug996InKC is infamous around these parts
Took a chance and purchased the rear bumper (GT Look). The quality is HORRIBLE! Just picking up the bumper feels like it could break into pieces. A good fiberglass "quality" check is to hold the bumper up to the sun and try to find daylight shining through. I just did this today with a 20 year owner of a very reputable body shop in Kansas City, and you wouldn't believe how many areas will have to be reinforced with extra fiberglass. It's way too thin.

Now, contrast this to NR Auto's front TA style bumper, and it's night and day. NR's is a solid piece of material and reinforced. It's much thicker. It doesn't bend.

Rhonda, I can't believe you didn't respond to my email about the quality in comparison to NR Auto's. With shipping, it was the worst $1000 purchase I've ever made for my Porsche. It's beyond me how FVD can consciously sell this bumper. Live and learn... Anybody reading this... BUYER BEWARE!

Last edited by Doug996InKC; 05-20-2009 at 08:45 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: FVD 996 GT3 Body Kit