996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

LED Tail lights

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-23-2009, 08:50 AM
Basic Sponsor
PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 123packman
hi, im from the uk and been looking for 996 rear lights for weeks cannot find anthing only standard, i really like led or anything i can get please advise where i can get these thanks
we have a few sets of red/clear left but please keep in mind some of our members have a hyperblink issue. If interested, please contact me.

Edwin

Old 04-23-2009, 09:25 AM
Doug996InKC is infamous around these partsDoug996InKC is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Wheelman
Doug, did you take pics of which plugs to plug in each slot on the passenger side? I will re-install mine tonight. Maybe I plugged them in wrong.

Mine is an 02 with HID
Connections are the same as the driver. Here's the driver pic. Make sure the "black covered" (see pic) is in the correct "socket", 3 cutouts/divets to 3 on the piece containing the wire. (Difficult to describe this without pics, I know -- at work, will post photos tomorrow.) I had to remove the black electrical tape from a few of the wires because the connections made on the factory light are NOT THE SAME AS THE AFTERMARKET LED LIGHT -- per, for example, the "orange" factory bulb in the photo.

BTW, I used the "Son of a Gun" protectant to soften up the seals.

Attached Images  

Last edited by Doug996InKC; 04-23-2009 at 09:29 AM.
Old 04-23-2009, 11:10 AM
witman77 is infamous around these parts
997 Exhaust Tips Question

Would you mind telling me where you found your Exhaust tips? Were they a pain to install? - Thanks

Old 04-23-2009, 11:13 AM
Edwin,
I've read several posts where several individuals have bought the much awaited LED tail-lights, but I haven't been able to find out where they are buying them. I've seen them on Ebay for $699, but I'm hoping a group buy may still be open (or) another seller with a better price has been found for 6speeders. Any info? -- Thanks

Old 04-23-2009, 11:27 AM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by witman77
Edwin,
I've read several posts where several individuals have bought the much awaited LED tail-lights, but I haven't been able to find out where they are buying them. I've seen them on Ebay for $699, but I'm hoping a group buy may still be open (or) another seller with a better price has been found for 6speeders. Any info? -- Thanks
Try going to post #1 in this thread. https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...-thoughts.html

Last edited by jhbrennan; 04-23-2009 at 11:35 AM.
Old 04-23-2009, 11:38 AM
Banned
yellowbmr is just really niceyellowbmr is just really niceyellowbmr is just really niceyellowbmr is just really niceyellowbmr is just really nice
Old 04-23-2009, 05:08 PM
Wheelman is infamous around these parts
Tried it again and after hours of fiddling back and fourth..still hyperblinking but this time my ABS and PSM failed. I give up...this is for 01 and under. Goin back to stock lights.

Old 04-23-2009, 07:07 PM
Banned
jstrat85 is a name known to alljstrat85 is a name known to alljstrat85 is a name known to alljstrat85 is a name known to alljstrat85 is a name known to alljstrat85 is a name known to all
Tried it again and after hours of fiddling back and fourth..still hyperblinking but this time my ABS and PSM failed. I give up...this is for 01 and under. Goin back to stock lights.
dam that sucks!

Old 04-23-2009, 07:12 PM
Wheelman is infamous around these parts
After going back to stock lights, ABS and PSM work again but a couple of my bulbs got fried. I went to Porsche and the guy behind the counter gives me 2 sets of bulbs for free..so today wasn't all bad. I have no idea how that happened since it didn't do that the last time it was connected. I am an expert on taking my tail lamps on and off now.

Old 04-23-2009, 07:22 PM
Banned
jstrat85 is a name known to alljstrat85 is a name known to alljstrat85 is a name known to alljstrat85 is a name known to alljstrat85 is a name known to alljstrat85 is a name known to all
After going back to stock lights, ABS and PSM work again but a couple of my bulbs got fried. I went to Porsche and the guy behind the counter gives me 2 sets of bulbs for free..so today wasn't all bad. I have no idea how that happened since it didn't do that the last time it was connected. I am an expert on taking my tail lamps on and off now.
off the tail lights?

Old 04-23-2009, 08:01 PM
zdr2k has much to be proud ofzdr2k has much to be proud ofzdr2k has much to be proud ofzdr2k has much to be proud ofzdr2k has much to be proud ofzdr2k has much to be proud ofzdr2k has much to be proud ofzdr2k has much to be proud ofzdr2k has much to be proud of
napa advised me they cannot get the three prong LED flsher......so im trying the link above.

Old 04-23-2009, 08:03 PM
Banned
Originally Posted by zdr2k
napa advised me they cannot get the three prong LED flsher......so im trying the link above.
dam man this sucks! im geting my car back tom so ill let you guys know if i have the same problem.

Old 04-23-2009, 08:44 PM
Awaiting Email Confirmation
HxCforlife has a spectacular aura aboutHxCforlife has a spectacular aura about
I'm not sure if they make them for our front turn signals but i saw at autozone they make regular bulbs that are led's there are like 5 of them in a circle i was thinking maybe that would even out the current and prevent the hyper flashing??? Just a thought

Old 04-23-2009, 10:48 PM
If you're having issues with "Fast Flash" aka "Hyper-flashing" with your new LED Tail Lights, checkout this article from guys that specialize in LED technology:

http://www.plasmaled.com/tail_light_led_bulb_fix.htm

Old 04-24-2009, 07:40 AM
Awaiting Email Confirmation
HxCforlife has a spectacular aura aboutHxCforlife has a spectacular aura about
My lights came in today they look great in the box will get around to putting them in either tonight or tomorrow. Any helpfull tips or things I'm going to need before I start this ?? Car is a 99 c2. Cab

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: LED Tail lights