996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

what these warning lights mean??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-11-2009, 11:18 PM
kent996 is infamous around these parts
what these warning lights mean??

hi guys, I love this forum, it gives me more and more very useful infos day by day!!! I am finding a used 996 these days, i like the appearance of the porsche 911 the most. one seller sent me some pisc of his 2001 996, one of them is below, what those warning lights mean? and how come the rpm so high at the moment? is there something wrong about the engine from this pic? any comments would be very appreciated!!! thanks guys!!!

Attached Images  
Old 11-11-2009, 11:26 PM
Platinum Sponsor
WHEELSJ has a reputation beyond reputeWHEELSJ has a reputation beyond reputeWHEELSJ has a reputation beyond reputeWHEELSJ has a reputation beyond reputeWHEELSJ has a reputation beyond reputeWHEELSJ has a reputation beyond reputeWHEELSJ has a reputation beyond reputeWHEELSJ has a reputation beyond reputeWHEELSJ has a reputation beyond reputeWHEELSJ has a reputation beyond reputeWHEELSJ has a reputation beyond repute
if it has 102k miles... RUN and RUN fast and far.... dont even worry about the lights. just my.02, but from the looks of it, that means the spoiler.. or engine hatch..

1.866.519.4335 ext 2103
Web: www.wheelsboutique.com
Email: Jonathan@wheelsboutique.com

#1 HRE Dealer Worldwide / DPE Wheels / Vertini / Work Wheels / D2 Forged / TechArt / Novitec / Brabus / Carlsson / AC Schnitzer / Mansory / Kooks / Corsa / RENNTech / WALD / Milltek / Tubi / Champion Motorsports / AWE / RSS / BBS / Brembo / Hamman / Eisenmann / KW / H&R / Nitto / Pirelli / Michelin / Dunlop / Goodyear / Falken / Continental and tons more....
Old 11-12-2009, 04:30 AM
JoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond reputeJoelPirela has a reputation beyond repute
spoiler malfunction. could be that he has a fixed wing and never took the car to the dealer for reprograming. The other light is that he has the engine cover or the trunk open. (maybe for the pictures). If it has 106K miles, make sure all the usual suspects are taken care of, otherwise you will end with some heavy maintenance bills. but I wouldn't run from it.

Old 11-12-2009, 01:36 PM
ske
ske is infamous around these parts
the spoiler light comes on in my car every startup for a few seconds and goes off. Could well be nothing to worry about, but 100k is alot for a 911 and be ready for maintenance bills.