996 Previous model naturally aspirated Porsche 911 community. Discuss C2, C2s, C4, C4s, Targa and Cabriolets.

Extreme Dimensions OR Precision Porsche [ Front Bumper Quality ] ???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-27-2011, 10:51 AM
Nine_Eleven is infamous around these parts
Extreme Dimensions OR Precision Porsche [ Front Bumper Quality ] ???

I'm talking to both shops. Precision Porsche and Extreme Dimensions. Regarding 911 GT3 RS front bumper.

I don't really know which one has good qualities. Yes I don't mind they are not OEM I'm OK with that.

Anyone here with the bumper from them ?

The price is around the same so just who is better maker.

Thanks !

Old 01-27-2011, 11:17 AM
Reborn996 is a splendid one to beholdReborn996 is a splendid one to beholdReborn996 is a splendid one to beholdReborn996 is a splendid one to beholdReborn996 is a splendid one to beholdReborn996 is a splendid one to beholdReborn996 is a splendid one to behold
Are they both polyurethane or fiberglass? I think that would make the most difference for a front bumper. Poly is the way to go and the manufacturing process is better since fiberglass parts can be wavy which requires a lot of prep work before painting. Have a link to the pictures of them?

Old 01-27-2011, 11:29 AM
Purplxd has much to be proud ofPurplxd has much to be proud ofPurplxd has much to be proud ofPurplxd has much to be proud ofPurplxd has much to be proud ofPurplxd has much to be proud ofPurplxd has much to be proud ofPurplxd has much to be proud of
Extreme Dimensions sells a product they call DuraFlex which if you see the videos can be bent and smacked like mad without cracking or breaking.

Similar to poly, but an in house made version of the material. Sounded like a mixture of fiberglass and plastic resin that was flexible.

I've looked into their 997 GT3 full conversion. Prices sound great, but you do have to factor in 997 lights and of course painting. Gets expensive...

Cheers
Aaron

Old 01-27-2011, 11:32 AM
They both uses duraflex. Mixture of fiberglass and flex. It's just that Precision Porsche sounds like it deals more strictly with Porsches.

Old 01-27-2011, 11:32 AM
Former Vendor
CampioniShop1 is a jewel in the roughCampioniShop1 is a jewel in the roughCampioniShop1 is a jewel in the roughCampioniShop1 is a jewel in the rough
Have you considered NR Auto?

They make a kit to convert a 996 with a 997 GT2 front bumper:

Old 01-27-2011, 01:33 PM
FLY996 has much to be proud ofFLY996 has much to be proud ofFLY996 has much to be proud ofFLY996 has much to be proud ofFLY996 has much to be proud ofFLY996 has much to be proud ofFLY996 has much to be proud ofFLY996 has much to be proud ofFLY996 has much to be proud of
Highly recommend Precision Porsche...quality and fit are very good...

Old 01-27-2011, 01:54 PM
v35
v35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond reputev35 has a reputation beyond repute
Precision Porsche hands down. My brother, HIGHCARD on the 996 forums has the full techart kit, and I have their GT3 wing on my 997. All their parts are smooth with very little prep work needed to make the paint as smooth as OEM, which surprised both the body shop and I. Fitment is also perfect and needed no work at all to make it fit like OEM.

Old 01-27-2011, 02:06 PM
Basic Sponsor
PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !
My vote goes to...

Precision

If you do a search here, I would venture to say most (if not everyone) is completely satisfied with our products and customer service

Edwin

Old 01-27-2011, 02:35 PM
Thanks for the input guys.

PrecisionPorsch, I talk to tony there. About GT3 RS front bumper 996. Does it come with the front splitter? I was told it was $100 extra. Extreme Dimensions includes the front splitter. Let me know.

Old 01-27-2011, 06:06 PM
Basic Sponsor
PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Nine_Eleven
They both uses duraflex. Mixture of fiberglass and flex. It's just that Precision Porsche sounds like it deals more strictly with Porsches.
Just a correction.

Here at Precision we have stopped using duraflex several years ago. Our kits are either made out of polyurethane, fiberglass or carbon fiber. We experimented with the duraflex resin years ago. The parts would come out nice but over periods of time it would warp so we have stopped using it. When we contacted the makers of Duraflex they told us that the intended purpose was for home moulding and not body kits. We have since stopped making kits out of duraflex. This was 7 years ago.

I'm not trying to scare you. Just wanted to share our experience with the Duraflex resin and why we don't use it. The technology may or may not have improved over the years, but we made a choice not to make our parts with Duraflex.

Last edited by PrecisionPorsch; 01-27-2011 at 09:30 PM.
Old 01-27-2011, 06:14 PM
Purplxd has much to be proud ofPurplxd has much to be proud ofPurplxd has much to be proud ofPurplxd has much to be proud ofPurplxd has much to be proud ofPurplxd has much to be proud ofPurplxd has much to be proud ofPurplxd has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by PrecisionPorsch
Just a correction.

Here are Precision we have stopped using duraflex several years ago. Our kits are either made out of polyurethane, fiberglass or carbon fiber. We experimented with the duraflex resin years ago. The parts would come out nice but over periods of time it would warp so we have stopped using it. When we contacted the makers of Duraflex they told us that the intended purpose was for home moulding and not body kits. We have since stopped making kits out of duraflex. This was 7 years ago.

I'm not trying to scare you. Just wanted to share our experience with the Duraflex resin and why we don't use it. The technology may or may not have improved over the years, but we made a choice not to make our parts with Duraflex.
Good to know! If you guys are doing a 997 update, especially to the Turbo TechArt front or GTStreet, PM me and we can talk pricing...

If not and you're looking for a demo car, let me know..

Cheers
Aaron

Old 01-27-2011, 06:21 PM
NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !NOLA911 Is a GOD !
Do it right- buy precision. Extreme Dimensions is fine for a 1995 Civic, but you will see the waves on your Porsche bumper.

Old 01-28-2011, 10:18 AM
Doug996InKC is infamous around these partsDoug996InKC is infamous around these parts
parts would come out nice but over periods of time it would warp so we have stopped using it. When we contacted the makers of Duraflex they told us that the intended purpose was for home moulding and not body kits. We have since stopped making kits out of duraflex. This was 7 years ago.
Thx for the info.

My first experience with Duraflex was purchasing a rear bumper. It never made it onto my car. See my post #19 (with pics) from this thread.
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ody-kit-2.html

Old 01-28-2011, 11:04 AM
tarzancoe is infamous around these parts
Precision without a doubt.

Old 01-28-2011, 11:19 AM
Just a correction.
Call me as soon as possible. I'm thinking of driving down there tonight. Are you guys close on Saturday? I'll PM you my number.

I'll leave here 12 tonight get there around 7am Saturday. I'm picking up a couple of parts as well.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Extreme Dimensions OR Precision Porsche [ Front Bumper Quality ] ???