997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Rain & Shine at LS with RE-11s

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-24-2013, 12:55 AM
VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !
EH: WOW! That first video posting is a amazing! It really gives you a sense of what it is really like and made my adrenaline levels start pumping. Makes my videos look a bit boring by comparison. Huge congratulations in making it to the main event this month! Keep up the good work! Looking forward to June third, see you then!

I'd like to give BR Racing a shout out for helping me dial in my alignment and suspension settings. They have shaved off an additional 2.5-3.0 seconds per lap, and after watching the footage from Monday they feel I can shave off another 1.5-2.5 seconds per lap. Unfortunately our June third date is a 92db, therefore I suspect my next outing will not see such numbers. That's not to say I won't give it my best effort. Should be interesting.

Cheers,
VID

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	VID_BRR_01.jpg
Views:	531
Size:	796.7 KB
ID:	245484  
Old 05-24-2013, 08:30 AM
eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !
EH- nice save on 2. Definitely adds perspective when you have other car all around you. Nice times as well.

VID- slow down you going to break 1:30 soon

Old 05-24-2013, 10:15 AM
f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !
D, you are mobbing ! Sheezzz great work man ! Reduce some weight out of your car, and it will help A LOT. I was telling Mark, that has been the single most noticeable modification at the track ( besides tires and brakes) .

Mark, I hope you get your brake sorted out, I think with the RBF 600, you will be set with no brake fade ! Great videos and great driving!

I got emailed for a $150 track day at LS... tempting, very tempting. Its a Monday though.

Old 05-24-2013, 10:56 AM
atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !
Here's a preview..and yes, I know, my Hans device wasn't properly inserted.

Attached Images  
Old 05-26-2013, 11:01 AM
cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by VID997
I'd like to give BR Racing a shout out for helping me dial in my alignment and suspension settings. They have shaved off an additional 2.5-3.0 seconds per lap, and after watching the footage from Monday they feel I can shave off another 1.5-2.5 seconds per lap. Unfortunately our June third date is a 92db, therefore I suspect my next outing will not see such numbers. That's not to say I won't give it my best effort. Should be interesting.
Cheers,
VID
VID, so these are the guys behind the scene; I've been wondering who in Northern Cal that does this advanced-level suspension tuning on your car.

I went to their web site and read about who they are and their projects. Is this them?
http://www.brrperformance.com/compan...hp?page_id=820
http://www.brrperformance.com/projec...hp?page_id=431

Very impressive knowledge and experience indeed. I am not too surprised; I knew all along it wasn't a mom and pop shop that does the work on your car.

Old 05-26-2013, 09:53 PM
stltri has a spectacular aura aboutstltri has a spectacular aura aboutstltri has a spectacular aura about
EH: WOW! That first video posting is a amazing! It really gives you a sense of what it is really like and made my adrenaline levels start pumping. Makes my videos look a bit boring by comparison. Huge congratulations in making it to the main event this month! Keep up the good work! Looking forward to June third, see you then!

Cheers,
VID

VID, with all the tracking that you do.. how the heck do keep that Turbo sparkling clean??? How do you prevent the stone chips, windshield cracks, tire marks and such from the track??

Old 05-26-2013, 10:25 PM
freddiemac is infamous around these parts
car looks awesome. Are those GT3 wheels painted black? What size tires you're running?

Old 05-27-2013, 12:30 AM
VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !VID997 Is a GOD !
Cannga:

Yes, BRR has been fine tuning my set-up. JWE did the initial install and alignment number one. After testing for two days with them at SP, I took it back for some adjustments and to give them my feed back. Apparently my feedback to alignment number 1 wasn't well received and they did very little to correct it. It is very apparent from my videos alignment number 2 had tremendous under steer. I took it back for number three....when I picked the car up and I could immediately tell from its stance they did not listen to my feedback or analyze my videos. Yes, my times were quicker, but the car was very difficult to drive. Upon picking the car up from JWE after alignment number 3, I didn't even bother taking the car home. I drove it straight over to BRR at 5:30pm, told them my issues and showed them some in car videos. They too could tell just by the stance the car was not going to perform well. They have been fine tuning it, and managing it since then (alignment #4,5,6, & 7 this week). Every adjustment they have made has been realized, and as I have previously mentioned the car is just magical and almost like cheating.

As far as shops in NorCal, I use the following depending on the service required and availability to get my car in.

JWE: Had been my primary shop since day one of delivery. However, it has always been very difficult to get my car in for service and always seemed like I was a low priority customer. They primarily focus on SPEC 911race cars, vintage race cars, and then CUP cars.

BRR: Had been my fall back shop when JWE couldn't find time for me. They now have moved to my primary shop. Their focus is targeted toward newer vehicles and getting them into serious track machines.

SharkWerks:
Alex, well what can I say about Sharkwerks....Alex is always there for me in time of need and is my go to guy for software issues. He knows my car, and my situation. He appreciates me and I appreciate him. I wish I could give him more business. Although words speak volumes when it comes to Sharkwerks. Alex, as always been there for me. THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HELP & SUPPORT throughout the last couple of years!

Sportech:
Great little shop that can ALWAYS find time for me when it comes to last minute rush maintenance and service work....not to mention getting my car smogged!!!

Fletcher Jones Porsche:
My preferred dealership and service provider for keeping my car in OEM spec when warranty and required service work is needed. These guys have been taking every good care of me and truly appreciate my business. Not mention have hooked me up with some pretty sweet loaner vehicles!

Last but not least Champion Porsche for all their ongoing support and help. THANK YOU CHAMPION PORSCHE!

As you can plainly see its a small military that keeps me going, each specializing in their own unique fields of expertise.

stltri:

AJ's Auto Detailing in San Jose pre & post every event plus a little extra TLC after the family is all tucked in : )

Believe it or not the majority of the cosmetic damage I have received has occurred on the road going to and from the tracks and shops for service work.

Recently replaced my windshield, rock hit it on the 880 south going through Oakland on the way home from SP. Huge rock hit my front bumper on the way to Sharkwerks, and my brand new windshield got peppered on the way to the dealership for service work. The track is typically clean and safe, its DD'ing that has caused all my damage! I have replaced my hood wrap, although once again from rock damage.... rubber is soft, rocks are not....

freddiemac:

They are GT2 RS OEM wheels, all black from the factory. I run Hoosier R6's on this wheel set.

FRONT: 8.5/19 235/35
REAR: 12.0/19 315/30

Street/rain set-up, Champion Motorsports RS 171 wheels:

Bridgestone RE-11's

FRONT: 8.5/19 245/35
REAR: 11.5/19 305/30

Old 05-27-2013, 04:29 AM
Bluecrab has much to be proud ofBluecrab has much to be proud ofBluecrab has much to be proud ofBluecrab has much to be proud ofBluecrab has much to be proud ofBluecrab has much to be proud ofBluecrab has much to be proud ofBluecrab has much to be proud of
a shame that Re-11 seems to be starting to be either A) discontinued or B) production ramping down since 305/30 and a handful of other sizes are no longer available......its a great tire. ran them on my 1M at the track

great driving!

Old 06-06-2013, 12:55 AM
EH: Nice work and congratulations on a solid second place finish in the GT-2 class! Did you ever get by the Radical?

I see 1:39.xx's in your near future! Keep up the good work!

Old 06-06-2013, 01:03 AM
Cannga: You'll just love this!

I blew out both my front shocks two weeks ago at LS. The car was just a complete handful at TH the following day and at LS two days ago (when we realized we had shock failure). They are getting shipped off to PSI for a re-build and Dyno-testing! Yes, shock dyno'ing....this is right up your alley.....way tooooooooooooooooo technical for my pea brain!

Old 06-06-2013, 01:10 AM
Nonetheless, it was still a fantastic day for my sleeper!

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	CFRA_LS_RACE_06_03_13.jpg
Views:	446
Size:	1.04 MB
ID:	249372  
Old 06-06-2013, 11:18 AM
cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !cannga Is a GOD !
Cannga: You'll just love this!

I blew out both my front shocks two weeks ago at LS. The car was just a complete handful at TH the following day and at LS two days ago (when we realized we had shock failure). They are getting shipped off to PSI for a re-build and Dyno-testing! Yes, shock dyno'ing....this is right up your alley.....way tooooooooooooooooo technical for my pea brain!
Wow, sorry to hear this. I think the shock is trying to tell you to slow down! Just kidding but really this is probably indicative of the tremendous force and heat you are generating.
PSI is Performance Shock Inc in Sonoma?

PS as always I enjoy the beautiful photography.

Old 06-06-2013, 12:12 PM
eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !
EH- congrats I have 9 secs of catch up to play. Since VID's shocks are blown (sorry buddy)I may have someone to show me the ropes. (free beer afterwards)

Also need some turnpipes as I was meatballed at 94.4DB.

Old 06-06-2013, 04:20 PM
Winnilaker has a spectacular aura aboutWinnilaker has a spectacular aura aboutWinnilaker has a spectacular aura about
Vid,
I'm picking up an extra set of turbo wheels with brand new Hoosier R6s. I currently have re-11s. Since you have that setup, any fun words to describe the diferences between the 2 before they arrive?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Rain & Shine at LS with RE-11s