997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Aggressive wheel fitment specs for 997TT

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-27-2013, 01:48 PM
user1029 is infamous around these parts
Aggressive wheel fitment specs for 997TT

I was wondering what sizing and offsets would grant me a semi-aggressive/flush (but not hella flush lol) setup? I will be lowering the car but not slamming it and I will be willing to roll and pull fenders to avoid rubbing

stock wheels:
F 8.5 x 19 et 56mm
R 11.0 x 19 et 51mm

Old 09-27-2013, 03:18 PM
Basic Sponsor
PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !
Check out adv1wheels thread. They are known to push the envelope with the most flush fitment

Edwin

Old 09-27-2013, 03:49 PM
CBADtt has a brilliant futureCBADtt has a brilliant futureCBADtt has a brilliant futureCBADtt has a brilliant futureCBADtt has a brilliant futureCBADtt has a brilliant futureCBADtt has a brilliant futureCBADtt has a brilliant futureCBADtt has a brilliant futureCBADtt has a brilliant futureCBADtt has a brilliant future
Hella lol.

Old 09-27-2013, 05:12 PM
ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !ryem3 Is a GOD !
Champion specs. I'm running RG5's 19X9 et 51 (I think) and 19x12 et 44 in the rear. Fit perfectly.

Old 09-27-2013, 08:07 PM
eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !eurotom Is a GOD !
Are you planning on OEM widths. If not Ryem3s
Sizes are aggressive I have a similar set up no rubbing.

Old 09-28-2013, 07:31 AM
BaldBag has a brilliant futureBaldBag has a brilliant futureBaldBag has a brilliant futureBaldBag has a brilliant futureBaldBag has a brilliant futureBaldBag has a brilliant futureBaldBag has a brilliant futureBaldBag has a brilliant futureBaldBag has a brilliant futureBaldBag has a brilliant futureBaldBag has a brilliant future
i ran a 15mm spacer on the stock wheels... making the offset a 36... and it was flush, not HELLA flush ; )

Old 09-30-2013, 01:48 PM
Basic Sponsor
Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !
mid 40s for the front and high 30s for he rear will look pretty good without rubbing.

997TT SlowBerry - 205.0 mph 1/2 Mile WR Nov 2018, 9.7 @ 170 mph 1/4 Mile , 3.2 60-130 mph , 2.4 100-150 mph , 1420whp E85
ESMOTOR | DO88 | TPC DSC | SYVECS | COBB | IPD | KLINE | XONA | AMS | ID | ERP | SACHS | TURBOSMART | CSF | DODSON |
Old 09-30-2013, 02:34 PM
TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !TT Surgeon Is a GOD !
51 front, 44 rear with 8.5 fr/11.5 rears

Attached Images  
Old 09-30-2013, 09:47 PM
triblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond reputetriblk6spd has a reputation beyond repute
Dont even bother with the "so called" flush crap from Champion and the like. I ran an ultra flush 20" ADV1 set up consisting of 235's front on a 9.5" rim and a completely over the top (but perfect) 345 on a 13" wide rear rim. The set up fits amazingly perfect with zero rubbing. Go big or go home when it comes to rims....

Attached Images  
Old 10-01-2013, 10:06 AM
Site Sponsor
WheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant futureWheelB has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by user1029
I was wondering what sizing and offsets would grant me a semi-aggressive/flush (but not hella flush lol) setup? I will be lowering the car but not slamming it and I will be willing to roll and pull fenders to avoid rubbing

stock wheels:
F 8.5 x 19 et 56mm
R 11.0 x 19 et 51mm
well are you looking for after market or just spacing out your wheels? I created the most aggressive fitments on 997TT 20x13 with 345 as seen above by triblk6spd . We can easily do 13 wide on back with 345 tires. just let us know your goals i can build it. Here my turbo also with 13 rears

Attached Images  

- David Nussbaum -
786 249 0127 (ext.2109)
Web: www.wheelsboutique.com
Email: David@wheelsboutique.com
YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/WheelsBoutique

Largest HRE Dealer In The World / Largest ANRKY Dealer / BBS Premium Dealer / TechArt Premium Dealer / Vorsteiner / Rotiform / Akrapovic / iPE / Novitec / Brabus / AC Schnitzer / Mansory / Brembo / RENNTech / Weistec / Tubi / Hamman / KW / H&R and tons more.
Old 11-25-2019, 06:35 AM
pch240sx is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by triblk6spd
Dont even bother with the "so called" flush crap from Champion and the like. I ran an ultra flush 20" ADV1 set up consisting of 235's front on a 9.5" rim and a completely over the top (but perfect) 345 on a 13" wide rear rim. The set up fits amazingly perfect with zero rubbing. Go big or go home when it comes to rims....

What are the offsets for something like this?

Old 12-07-2019, 10:22 AM
NJB997 is infamous around these parts
Just a word or two for pause here. If the car is going to be used for street, with occasional spirited driving...then 20 inch rims will work. But if the driving is going to include spirited cornering, stay with the 19 inch rims, and if tracking, consider a dedicated set of 18 inch rims. The width of the stance is nice to look aggressive and fill the wheel wells, but the sidewall size is a really overlooked issue in terms of the traction patch....which is the surface area your tires make contact with the road. Ever notice why F1 car tires have longer sidewalls and are not running 20s? It is because under the Gforce of turning, if the sidewall can flex a bit, it gives the driver more subtle input leading up to the correct % of slip angle, before the tire breaks loose. A 20 inch rim, has such a small sidewall, it it nearly impossible to "feel" this, before it breaks traction. It goes from grip, to slip, in an instant. Also, the size of the contact patch of a 20 is smaller than a 19, which is smaller than an 18, etc...it sits differently on the road, even with the same air pressure in the tire. So, when thinking about making a tire change, look at it in terms of how you want to drive the car and then consider the part that touches the road. Lastly, be sure to research the performance differences of cast wheels, flow form wheels, and forged wheels. There is new tech in the flow formed category that delivers wheels lighter and stronger than cast and way less expensive than forged. Pic of my car with 19 inch Stance custom offset 46 flow formed wheels with Michelin PS04 tires. The wheels are nearly 5 lbs lighter than the OE cast wheels, which reduces unsprung weight.

Old 12-07-2019, 12:04 PM
kwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond reputekwiksilver has a reputation beyond repute
NJB997 is absolutely correct. IMHO 17" and !8" are optimal wheels for track use. 20" look cool but ride harsher than 19"

Old 12-08-2019, 08:07 AM
lflouie is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by user1029

stock wheels:
F 8.5 x 19 et 56mm
R 11.0 x 19 et 51mm
As mentioned, it all boils down to your intended use and ride/handling/looks priorities.

IF you are lowering the car the resultant ride height and gap change's depending on which springs are selected. Lowering a car reduces "gap" requiring less extreme width/offset to get a "tight" flush look. Width for the sake of width for looks can also be accomplished with modest spacers or different offsets. A wider tire tends to have more sidewall than a smaller of the same dia....and 20"vs 19" results in narrow sidewall and as mentioned worsened ride and max grip. The tire sidewall shape also affects the look and which rims to use. Michelin P4s has a much more square shape vs a Continental Extreme which is rounded and tucks in at the tread vs max width point.

Strongly suggest defining the springs you want then research/look at pics of cars with same setup but different tires/wheels/offsets/diameters.

On stock rims a set of 7-10mm front spacers, 15-17mm rear spacers with Michelin P4S will give you a flush look on stock tire sizes, springs.
​​​

Last edited by lflouie; 12-08-2019 at 08:09 AM.
Old 12-08-2019, 01:30 PM
lliejk has much to be proud oflliejk has much to be proud oflliejk has much to be proud oflliejk has much to be proud oflliejk has much to be proud oflliejk has much to be proud oflliejk has much to be proud oflliejk has much to be proud oflliejk has much to be proud oflliejk has much to be proud of
Very timely postings to this thread. I bent a rim (20") beyond repair recently and the replacement barrel and lip (the center was OK) won't be here until January, so I sourced a set of 19's on a little undersized rear tire from what I would have run on the 19's. Since putting them on, I had been thinking that the car rode better on the 19's and wanted to post a question to see if anyone else felt the same.

The 20"s (which were on the car when I acquired it) look really good, but they are pretty harsh. The 20" sidewalls are shorter (30's in the front and 25's in the rear) and just that small difference translates into a much difference feel.

I have no plans for any track time (I would like to do a DE event sometime) and even if I did it would be pretty limited, but my feeling is that the 19's would do better on the track.

So looks are one thing, ride is another.

Ed

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Aggressive wheel fitment specs for 997TT