997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Throttle body reset

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-08-2013, 07:15 AM
roe
roe has much to be proud ofroe has much to be proud ofroe has much to be proud ofroe has much to be proud ofroe has much to be proud ofroe has much to be proud ofroe has much to be proud ofroe has much to be proud ofroe has much to be proud ofroe has much to be proud of
Throttle body reset

Does anyone know the step by step throttle body reset procedure? Got it from turbo Mike, but can't find the paper I wrote it on. Thanks!

Old 12-08-2013, 07:37 AM
dynamic gt2 is a splendid one to beholddynamic gt2 is a splendid one to beholddynamic gt2 is a splendid one to beholddynamic gt2 is a splendid one to beholddynamic gt2 is a splendid one to beholddynamic gt2 is a splendid one to beholddynamic gt2 is a splendid one to behold
This is how to do it step by step:
1-insert the key and turn the ignition to position 2 for 60s(dont press the gas pedal)
2-turn the ignition to 0 for 10s(dont press the gas pedal)
4-now the throttle is readapted.
PS:This is functional for all 996 and 997.1 for 997.2 you should do it via basic settings using Durametric or Piwis

Old 12-08-2013, 07:47 AM
roe
roe has much to be proud ofroe has much to be proud ofroe has much to be proud ofroe has much to be proud ofroe has much to be proud ofroe has much to be proud ofroe has much to be proud ofroe has much to be proud ofroe has much to be proud ofroe has much to be proud of
Thanks!

Old 12-09-2013, 07:46 PM
dgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond reputedgreen78 has a reputation beyond repute
Should this be done after installing a larger throttle body/plenum?

Old 12-09-2013, 08:26 PM
drsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by roe
Does anyone know the step by step throttle body reset procedure? Got it from turbo Mike, but can't find the paper I wrote it on. Thanks!
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...tle-reset.html

Old 12-09-2013, 10:01 PM
dewilmoth has a brilliant futuredewilmoth has a brilliant futuredewilmoth has a brilliant futuredewilmoth has a brilliant futuredewilmoth has a brilliant futuredewilmoth has a brilliant futuredewilmoth has a brilliant futuredewilmoth has a brilliant futuredewilmoth has a brilliant futuredewilmoth has a brilliant futuredewilmoth has a brilliant future
I did this a few weeks ago and forgot to report back. I'm actually amazed at the difference in drivability. My car used to be hard to drive in sport mode because the throttle was so touchy. I just assumed that was an inherent characteristic of the car. After doing this reset, it is much nicer to drive. I have no idea why/how this improved drivability, but I'm fairly certain it isn't just a placebo. It's definitely worth 5 minutes of your time.