997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

997.2 TT with the rear Emblems like the 991 " Porsche 911 Turbo"....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-23-2013, 05:32 PM
rcgalore is infamous around these parts
997.2 TT with the rear Emblems like the 991 " Porsche 911 Turbo"....

Since the new 991 came out, I liked the way the wording "Porsche 911 Turbo/Carrera/Etc." made the car look from the back....
Thus, I decided to eliminate the " Turbo" word on my 997.2 TT and add: Porsche 911 Turbo..
Here a photo.

Enjoy.!

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Rear view.JPG
Views:	1327
Size:	1.76 MB
ID:	316575  

Last edited by rcgalore; 01-02-2014 at 06:28 AM.
Old 12-23-2013, 06:16 PM
90sundevil has much to be proud of90sundevil has much to be proud of90sundevil has much to be proud of90sundevil has much to be proud of90sundevil has much to be proud of90sundevil has much to be proud of90sundevil has much to be proud of90sundevil has much to be proud of90sundevil has much to be proud of
The new cars have too much on the rear for me.

Old 12-23-2013, 06:18 PM
Banned
CALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond repute
I realize it's personal taste but making a 997 TT look like a 991 is a bad idea. It falls into poser territory.

Old 12-23-2013, 07:17 PM
Boeing Driver is infamous around these parts
I did that to my Cayenne, Removed the "Cayenne" and put "Porsche" like the newer ones. It looks good. Looking foreward to seeing it on your car. I don't think that's a poser move at all, just a different look.

Old 12-23-2013, 07:29 PM
therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !
Looks good! Enjoy

DC

Old 12-23-2013, 11:01 PM
johnww is just really nicejohnww is just really nicejohnww is just really nicejohnww is just really nice
Originally Posted by rcgalore
Since the new 991 came out, I liked the way the wording "Porsche 911 Turbo/Carrera/Etc." made the car look from the back....
Thus, I decided to eliminate the " Turbo" word on my 997.2 TT and add: Porsche 911 Turbo..
Here some photos on the process to "centralize" each letter.

I will follow in a few days once I have installed the 911 and Turbo Emblems as I have not received them yet.

Enjoy.!
Interesting upgrade. Often wonder how easy it is to remove old turbo. Some say just use hair dryer with dental floss. Then too, if sun has faded enough on darker colors to show some margin from exposed area adjacent to non-exposed. My buddy exchanged turbo S for turbo on his '12...adds a lot to car and gets him an 'S' with a manual. A chip and exhaust gave him the added HP.

Last edited by johnww; 12-23-2013 at 11:10 PM.
Old 12-24-2013, 06:19 AM
Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !
I am in for pics - I'd like to see it on a 997. I enjoy detailing so adding more places for water to get trapped and more details to have to wax and clean would annoy me personally, but I am OCD that way.

Originally Posted by johnww
My buddy exchanged turbo S for turbo on his '12...adds a lot to car and gets him an 'S' with a manual. A chip and exhaust gave him the added HP.
This is what i would say falls in line with a poser as mentioned above - putting "Turbo S" on a non Turbo S 911.

Old 12-25-2013, 07:00 AM
Done!..
To me , it looks very good...
No poser here as MY car is a Porsche.. 911 Turbo...
Merry Xmas to all!

Name:	photo (12).JPG
Views:	632
Size:	369.1 KB
ID:	314656  
Old 12-25-2013, 07:23 AM
ERSKATEDOC is a splendid one to beholdERSKATEDOC is a splendid one to beholdERSKATEDOC is a splendid one to beholdERSKATEDOC is a splendid one to beholdERSKATEDOC is a splendid one to beholdERSKATEDOC is a splendid one to beholdERSKATEDOC is a splendid one to behold
Looks good

Where did you get the emblems?

Old 12-25-2013, 07:28 AM
Originally Posted by ERSKATEDOC
Where did you get the emblems?
Ebay.:-)..
But after ordering on Ebay... I noted that Suncoast also has them.. and cheaper...
Regards

Old 12-25-2013, 07:47 AM
johnww is just really nicejohnww is just really nicejohnww is just really nicejohnww is just really nice
Originally Posted by Kricci
I am in for pics - I'd like to see it on a 997. I enjoy detailing so adding more places for water to get trapped and more details to have to wax and clean would annoy me personally, but I am OCD that way.

This is what i would say falls in line with a poser as mentioned above - putting "Turbo S" on a non Turbo S 911.
The poor fellow had no choice, he wanted an "S" with a pure-manual 6-speed. Porsche refused to offer option on new "S". Still refuses. He tried the cleaner approach, i.e., getting a manual box installed and dumping the pdk, but tech said 'forget that.' Maybe trans-flip would have appeased poser-sheriff's critical eye, who knows. Merry Christmas!!!

Last edited by johnww; 12-25-2013 at 07:53 AM.
Old 12-25-2013, 07:51 AM
therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !therock88 Is a GOD !
"Poser"??? Really?...Who uses a term like that anyway? I did not know we had any teeny boppers on this forum.....

Badges look good OP...Enjoy.....

DC

Old 12-25-2013, 08:30 AM
akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !akunob Is a GOD !
To each his own, it looks nice and the OP is not misrepresenting the make/model of his car! Only a fraction of the general population can discern the 997 vs. 991 body style and make the connection to the lettering on the rear! I like it, nicely done.

To the guy badging an "S" on a non-turbo S, no bueno... (IMHO)

Old 12-25-2013, 12:04 PM
WaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond reputeWaltB has a reputation beyond repute
No question re-badging a car something which it is not is a no-no in my book. Poser is one word many use. It is akin to walking around with a fake Rolex.

Check out this loser.

Name:	FakeS_zpsd9feec8b.jpg
Views:	1398
Size:	84.5 KB
ID:	314679  
Old 12-25-2013, 04:43 PM
Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !Kricci Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by johnww
The poor fellow had no choice, he wanted an "S" with a pure-manual 6-speed. Porsche refused to offer option on new "S". Still refuses. He tried the cleaner approach, i.e., getting a manual box installed and dumping the pdk, but tech said 'forget that.' Maybe trans-flip would have appeased poser-sheriff's critical eye, who knows. Merry Christmas!!!
It's called pretending to be something you're not. The same goes for those that put M badges on non M BMW cars and GT badges on non GT mustangs and on and on... It's dumb no matter how you slice it.

The 911 Turbo doesn't need an S on it to change the car... Bumping the HP and modifying the car to get that type of power is great but regardless what is done, it will never be an S, so why pretend it is... To each their own though, if it makes him happy, that is all that matters.

OP car rebadging looks nice! Would look nice with just the porsche lettering as well if you ever want to switch things up in the future!

Last edited by Kricci; 12-25-2013 at 04:46 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 997.2 TT with the rear Emblems like the 991 " Porsche 911 Turbo"....