997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

6.02 sec 60-130! Stock turbos, E85: Cobb/PTF tuned

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-17-2015, 11:26 AM
A418t81 Is a GOD !A418t81 Is a GOD !A418t81 Is a GOD !A418t81 Is a GOD !A418t81 Is a GOD !A418t81 Is a GOD !A418t81 Is a GOD !A418t81 Is a GOD !A418t81 Is a GOD !A418t81 Is a GOD !A418t81 Is a GOD !
6.02 sec 60-130! Stock turbos, E85: Cobb/PTF tuned

There you go boys. Now you see why I "wasted" money on turbo inlets and injectors. Not done yet, still more tweaking to do. Think I can get it into the 5s.

The car is fast as hell and smooth as silk. Starts up perfectly in cold weather, no drivability issues at all.

Stock turbo record. Boom.

Edit: 5.9 now

Last edited by A418t81; 02-26-2015 at 01:22 PM.
Old 02-17-2015, 11:30 AM
ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !ecpChris Is a GOD !
Congrats!! that is flying

Old 02-17-2015, 11:41 AM
Former Vendor
proTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond repute
Beast! Incredible results. Congrats Greyson!

Dare we say a 997 stock turbo record?

Dzenno@PTF

Old 02-17-2015, 11:58 AM
93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !
Congrats, not sure why you seem angry but great times

Old 02-17-2015, 12:03 PM
A418t81 Is a GOD !A418t81 Is a GOD !A418t81 Is a GOD !A418t81 Is a GOD !A418t81 Is a GOD !A418t81 Is a GOD !A418t81 Is a GOD !A418t81 Is a GOD !A418t81 Is a GOD !A418t81 Is a GOD !A418t81 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 93ls1rx7
Congrats, not sure why you seem angry but great times
I'm not the slightest bit angry, on the contrary I'm very pleased. I was accused by another member of wasting money on injectors, turbo inlet pipes, etc as un-needed hardware modifications. I explained why I needed them, and now the proof is in the pudding. Just a little ribbing back

Old 02-17-2015, 12:14 PM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
That's a fantastic time...congrats man!! Sub 6's are easily in reach for you.

Get rid of those GT2 IC's and you're there I bet

Old 02-17-2015, 02:33 PM
Basic Sponsor
COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !
That is really moving congrats!

-Mitch

PORSCHE EXPERT GROUP - TIM BAILEY | JARED BRONSON | GRANT EPHROSS | ANDREW SCHWARZKOPF | HJ LEE

COBBTUNING.COM | LIKE US ON FACEBOOK | SEARCH KNOWLEDGE BASE | CONTACT US

Old 02-17-2015, 02:45 PM
Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !Bobbyfali Is a GOD !
First off congrats!!

I have most and more of your mods minus the your GT2 intercoolers, but WITH 63.5mm VTG upgrades tuned by one of the best TODD K. The best I got was 7.1 on pump. I am hoping to hit 5.8 to 6.1 on E85, bit I have UPGRADED 63.5MM vtg's!!

Now I don't power shift and I had about only a 1% decline, but from what I am thinking your GT2 intercoolers = my upgraded VTG's? (from my research still does not make sense)

I don't believe in directly comparing 60-130 numbers as there are too many variables and I have taken down cars on the streets with much "lower" times then me in my 996T days, but there seams to be a HUGE difference between your times and most.

Here was my progress BEFORE I upgraded to inlets (the same ones you have), 80lbs injectors, proto 63.5 VTG's & Speedtech CATLESS 3" Race exhaust, ERP triple with LWFW and I got 7.1 on 94 pump gas.

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ight-pipe.html

Now lets get this straight, if switching to COBB's/PTF (especially since I am right up the road from PTF) can equal me shaving off .7 to 1 sec off of my 60-130 times over Proto's tune I would consider that a deal of a century!! I will do the switch this spring without a thought, but something tells me that is not the case (especially dealing with Todd K) and I would like to figure it out. Again if it was only off by .2-.5 ok, but we are looking at another level of performance......as in someone upgrading their turbos (ie 68MM VTG) performance difference (I AM NOT SAYING YOU DID THIS, but just to show the difference in jump in numbers). When I had stock turbos I dropped .92 when I ran Todd's 109 program, and man it was like another car. Pump vs pump for me to drop 1.2 sec I had to upgrade to 63.5's, inlets and LWFW. So you see why the time is making me wonder if COBB's /PTF is that much of a better tuner then the best we have had in the 911 world.

As this is a open forums for us all to learn, I would like to learn why your car is so much faster then most other similar equipped 997's.

I am wondering if the GT2 intercooler are worth that difference or is it a combination of the tune and intercoolers?

BOGG has the same GT2 intercoolers as you, the same 63.5mm turbos as I, runs the same 94 octane as I and ran 7.2 60-130. I figured I ran a little quicker as in 7.1 then BOGG (which to me is the same time as there is so many differences) WITH OUT THE GT2 intercoolers, but figured that my other mods he didn't have MIGHT of equaled the benefits he was getting with his GT2 intercoolers.

I really hope if all being equal that your car is that much faster then most, this means there is ALOT more of untapped performance on our platforms......TRUST ME IF I CAN run .7 - 1 sec (that is like 4-8 car lengths in street race) faster with just switching tuners with my current set up that is a huge step forward for the 997 community and I am IN, like this SPRING!!!

I was looking to call PTF this spring as I LOVE the idea of having a proven tuner (like Proto) up the road to do live tunes, but pending on this thread I might give him a call a little sooner....as in right now sooner!!

Last edited by Bobbyfali; 02-17-2015 at 03:01 PM.
Old 02-17-2015, 02:46 PM
locus has a reputation beyond reputelocus has a reputation beyond reputelocus has a reputation beyond reputelocus has a reputation beyond reputelocus has a reputation beyond reputelocus has a reputation beyond reputelocus has a reputation beyond reputelocus has a reputation beyond reputelocus has a reputation beyond reputelocus has a reputation beyond reputelocus has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats Greyson!!!
That is insanely fast 997TT with stock turbo.

Old 02-17-2015, 03:16 PM
longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !longboarder Is a GOD !
Wow that's moving congrats! e85 is such a wonderful thing and it's like 2 bucks a gallon.

Curious the outside temperature and conditions.

Old 02-17-2015, 03:17 PM
Basic Sponsor
COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !COBB Tuning Is a GOD !
Remember he is on E85 not pump gas, this makes a big difference in times.

-Mitch

PORSCHE EXPERT GROUP - TIM BAILEY | JARED BRONSON | GRANT EPHROSS | ANDREW SCHWARZKOPF | HJ LEE

COBBTUNING.COM | LIKE US ON FACEBOOK | SEARCH KNOWLEDGE BASE | CONTACT US

Old 02-17-2015, 03:18 PM
93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !93ls1rx7 Is a GOD !
Bobbyfali....the huge difference is the E85. Have Todd tune you for it and hold on to your hat.....it is THAT much better

Plus he had an almost perfect road from the looks of it.

E85 beats everything and it is inexpensive

Old 02-17-2015, 03:24 PM
Fadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond reputeFadi has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats OP !! E85 rocks

Bobby your problem is pump gas, also ICs would help. Your VTGs will shine at higher boost and/or higher speeds, they worth NOTHING with pump gas 60-130, pump timing, low boost and small ICs = bad setup for best performance

Do meth or E85 conversion, try to use some decent ICs 3.5" or bigger, talk to Todd and get a 91octane+meth map at least or E85 tune and you will reach 5.x

Also you will need to power ****, Todd can help you with that too, a 0.2-0.3s shift like the ones above are normally done by power shifting, also decline of -2%++ will help big time.. 0.1-0.2 usually

Good luck !

Old 02-17-2015, 03:32 PM
Bobby,

I agree with your analysis. 60-130 times are just like any other performance metric. Dyno graphs, ET and trap speeds, etc. They are all affected by the car, the weather, the mods, and the driver as well as a myriad of other factors.

In the case of the 60-130, you also have up to a 3.0% slope allowance. There is some gamesmanship here when it comes to getting good times. I am lucky to live an an area of the country that is very close to sea level (200 ft) yet still gets sometimes very cold temps without precipitation whenever that occurs. This allows -1100 ft DAs (there you go Longboarder ) as well as conditions that allow full traction which becomes part of the equation as power increases. Roads are also long, usually straight, and mostly in very good condition around here. All this helps tremendously.

Driving the car properly also makes a huge difference. Start in 3rd, not second or 4th. You must power shift 3rd to 4th for the best time. You need to start about 40 mph, and be good and fully into peak torque in 3rd by the time 60 mph comes up.

E85 is the stuff that dreams are made of for turbos cars (well, really any forced induction motor). The heat of vaporization is much, much higher than gasoline and does wonders for knock suppression. It also takes 30% more by ratio, so there is a greater gas volume to spool the turbos up more quickly. Intake air temps aren't nearly as important on pump gas either, so the efficiency of your intercooling matters less, and really is more about flow at that point.

Finally, there is absolutely nothing funny about my car or its setup. Nothing is removed. Nothing is a secret. On the contrary, I did this run with my groceries in the passenger seat

Last edited by A418t81; 02-17-2015 at 03:39 PM.
Old 02-17-2015, 03:37 PM
Former Vendor
proTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond reputeproTUNING Freaks has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Bobbyfali
First off congrats!!

I have most and more of your mods minus the your GT2 intercoolers, but WITH 63.5mm VTG upgrades tuned by one of the best TODD K. The best I got was 7.1 on pump. I am hoping to hit 5.8 to 6.1 on E85, bit I have UPGRADED 63.5MM vtg's!!

Now I don't power shift and I had about only a 1% decline, but from what I am thinking your GT2 intercoolers = my upgraded VTG's? (from my research still does not make sense)

I don't believe in directly comparing 60-130 numbers as there are too many variables and I have taken down cars on the streets with much "lower" times then me in my 996T days, but there seams to be a HUGE difference between your times and most.

Here was my progress BEFORE I upgraded to inlets (the same ones you have), 80lbs injectors, proto 63.5 VTG's & Speedtech CATLESS 3" Race exhaust, ERP triple with LWFW and I got 7.1 on 94 pump gas.

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ight-pipe.html

Now lets get this straight, if switching to COBB's/PTF (especially since I am right up the road from PTF) can equal me shaving off .7 to 1 sec off of my 60-130 times over Proto's tune I would consider that a deal of a century!! I will do the switch this spring without a thought, but something tells me that is not the case (especially dealing with Todd K) and I would like to figure it out. Again if it was only off by .2-.5 ok, but we are looking at another level of performance......as in someone upgrading their turbos (ie 68MM VTG) performance difference (I AM NOT SAYING YOU DID THIS, but just to show the difference in jump in numbers). When I had stock turbos I dropped .92 when I ran Todd's 109 program, and man it was like another car. Pump vs pump for me to drop 1.2 sec I had to upgrade to 63.5's, inlets and LWFW. So you see why the time is making me wonder if COBB's /PTF is that much of a better tuner then the best we have had in the 911 world.

As this is a open forums for us all to learn, I would like to learn why your car is so much faster then most other similar equipped 997's.

I am wondering if the GT2 intercooler are worth that difference or is it a combination of the tune and intercoolers?

BOGG has the same GT2 intercoolers as you, the same 63.5mm turbos as I, runs the same 94 octane as I and ran 7.2 60-130. I figured I ran a little quicker as in 7.1 then BOGG (which to me is the same time as there is so many differences) WITH OUT THE GT2 intercoolers, but figured that my other mods he didn't have MIGHT of equaled the benefits he was getting with his GT2 intercoolers.

I really hope if all being equal that your car is that much faster then most, this means there is ALOT more of untapped performance on our platforms......TRUST ME IF I CAN run .7 - 1 sec (that is like 4-8 car lengths in street race) faster with just switching tuners with my current set up that is a huge step forward for the 997 community and I am IN, like this SPRING!!!

I was looking to call PTF this spring as I LOVE the idea of having a proven tuner (like Proto) up the road to do live tunes, but pending on this thread I might give him a call a little sooner....as in right now sooner!!
Stock intercoolers will be quite poor in hotter ambients but in this weather its not nearly as big of a deal.

Greyson is a great driver who can shift quickly. Bogg didn't power shift and mostly stuck to 4th gear runs which will hurt times due to lost acceleration.

We can make your car faster with a great tune you can log and monitor via the Cobb AP day in day day out and I'm more than happy to work with you locally. Thanks for the PM and I'll give you a call shortly.

I am really wondering with the shift delay eliminated on a Tiptronic how this would look

Last edited by proTUNING Freaks; 02-17-2015 at 03:39 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 6.02 sec 60-130! Stock turbos, E85: Cobb/PTF tuned