997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Plasti Dip Wheels

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-15-2016, 08:54 AM
1sicknickel is just really nice1sicknickel is just really nice1sicknickel is just really nice1sicknickel is just really nice1sicknickel is just really nice
Plasti Dip Wheels

So I've gotten bored with the black on black look lately and didn't want strip and Powdercoat so I took to a temporary solution. I understand plasti dipping isn't for everyone and some may not like the color but I was inspired by a black on purple Gt2 I saw years ago and wanted to mimic that look.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpeg
Views:	264
Size:	2.30 MB
ID:	448674  

Last edited by 1sicknickel; 05-15-2016 at 08:57 AM.
Old 05-15-2016, 10:06 AM
BryanC is infamous around these parts
looks awesome! .. i did mine couple of years back but bcoz the dish was too deep, stone chips keeps happening and it started to peel...

Old 05-15-2016, 12:20 PM
02black330ci Is a GOD !02black330ci Is a GOD !02black330ci Is a GOD !02black330ci Is a GOD !02black330ci Is a GOD !02black330ci Is a GOD !02black330ci Is a GOD !02black330ci Is a GOD !02black330ci Is a GOD !02black330ci Is a GOD !02black330ci Is a GOD !
That actually looks good!!! Great job.

Old 05-15-2016, 01:20 PM
1sicknickel is just really nice1sicknickel is just really nice1sicknickel is just really nice1sicknickel is just really nice1sicknickel is just really nice
Originally Posted by BryanC
looks awesome! .. i did mine couple of years back but bcoz the dish was too deep, stone chips keeps happening and it started to peel...
How many coats did you put on? I did 3 coats of black and 1 coat of purple so I hope that holds up for atleast a month and then I plan on going a different color.

Originally Posted by 02black330ci
That actually looks good!!! Great job.
Thank you

Old 05-15-2016, 02:38 PM
drsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant futuredrsullivan has a brilliant future
Looks sharp!

Old 05-16-2016, 07:08 AM
Mark's997T is infamous around these partsMark's997T is infamous around these parts
Looks good dude.

Old 05-16-2016, 08:52 AM
TAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond repute
I am surprised they did not peel out when they re-installed the tires - how were they able to do that????

Old 05-16-2016, 09:56 AM
HP11 is infamous around these parts
Nice color offset...black on purple...nice look!

Old 05-16-2016, 02:36 PM
SeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud ofSeattleBum has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by TAILWAG
I am surprised they did not peel out when they re-installed the tires - how were they able to do that????
I don't think he took the tires off...just used cards tucked in the wheel lip to cover the tires. Look carefully

Old 05-16-2016, 04:32 PM
INFINITE is just really niceINFINITE is just really niceINFINITE is just really niceINFINITE is just really nice
looks bad *** Mr Steez

Old 05-16-2016, 10:51 PM
elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !elite1 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by SeattleBum
I don't think he took the tires off...just used cards tucked in the wheel lip to cover the tires. Look carefully

Ha! I did! Who needs marriage marketing "cards" anyways?

Well maybe the OP had this in a long term plan regardless?

Off topic, Rims look Great! Any shots from further distance?

Old 05-17-2016, 07:37 AM
TimeTomorrow is a splendid one to beholdTimeTomorrow is a splendid one to beholdTimeTomorrow is a splendid one to beholdTimeTomorrow is a splendid one to beholdTimeTomorrow is a splendid one to beholdTimeTomorrow is a splendid one to beholdTimeTomorrow is a splendid one to behold
Anyone who would mess up plastidip would mess up most other wheel finishes as well and is a monster and should be avoided. It's possible to mount with nylon attachments very very carefully etc, but it's MUCH easier to just reverse mount where you push the wheel on from the back, and the tools only touch the inward facing lip of the wheel.

Old 05-17-2016, 08:06 AM
TAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond reputeTAILWAG has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by SeattleBum
aaaaaaaaaaah! I was wondering! Those backgrounds on the cards played tricks on my mind...I thought it was just the wheel on top of a bunch of magazines...

Old 05-18-2016, 10:48 AM
I left the tires on and just put business cards in between the rim and tire to add a mask.

Originally Posted by Mr.angry
dude that looks great the have a clear coat now which can be applied ......for a gloss look
I was going to put a clear ontop of the wheels but I used the Violet Metallzer which is supposed to have a clear in it. Im doing the wheels red in a couple of weeks so Im just gonna leave it for now and save the gloss for the red coating.

Last edited by 1sicknickel; 05-18-2016 at 10:52 AM.
Old 05-20-2016, 11:35 AM
AltVelo is infamous around these parts
That looks great! The sheen and dish really highlight it.

I'm playing with black with silver metailizer as I don't like the matte look. I wish it was smoother and a hint more sheen.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Plasti Dip Wheels