997 Turbo / GT2 2006–2012 Turbo discussion on the 997 model Porsche 911 Twin Turbo.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Bears Transport

Update: 997 RennKit eRam electric actuator review

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-02-2016, 07:25 AM
rob.boost has a reputation beyond reputerob.boost has a reputation beyond reputerob.boost has a reputation beyond reputerob.boost has a reputation beyond reputerob.boost has a reputation beyond reputerob.boost has a reputation beyond reputerob.boost has a reputation beyond reputerob.boost has a reputation beyond reputerob.boost has a reputation beyond reputerob.boost has a reputation beyond reputerob.boost has a reputation beyond repute
Update: 997 RennKit eRam electric actuator review

Ok, so I don't make new threads often unless I find something worth while. I am now going on 6 months with the RennKit eRam replacements and I must say they are working above my expectations.

There was a thread in the 997tt forum where Dave mentioned the new kits were being released.
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...g-failure.html

I was lucky enough to beta test one of the first kits and assisted with installation instructions and test fitting / modifications. I mainly did this to help out the community as I make no profit on these. I replaced a perfectly working set of hydraulic eRams on my 20k mile car at the time. (what can I say I like these kinds of things)

They were first made for the 996tt's when Dave found this to be an issue and decided to come up with a solution for it.

There are many threads in the 996tt forum for people trying to fix the hydraulic rams, some have actually been successful. While sharing fixes and work-arounds is what makes forums great, a lot of them will still fail again after some time. It almost seems that they were designed to do so if you see how they put together.

Here are just a few of the threads.
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...nt-method.html

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...how-i-did.html

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...t-inserts.html

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...er-issues.html

It is only a matter of time before our 997's get hit hard with this same issue. What I really like about the replacements is that it keeps the OEM-Likeness about the car. You still get the aero, your spoiler up and down switch still works, and the auto up at 70ish mph, and auto down at 30ish mph all are intact.

I am currently using the 3" version with the fast motors. The eRams fit just fine under the hood with no clearance issues even with my aftermarket intercooler hoses. It takes no more than 2 hours to install if you have ever worked on a car before.

Lastly, the car has been tested on numerous 200mph runs. It feels very stable with no issues.

To get more information, you can go to http://rennkit.com/ pm DaveCarrera4S or email him at djcooper@rennkit.com.

Old 06-02-2016, 07:49 AM
Basic Sponsor
Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !Mark @ AIM Performance Is a GOD !
looks very cool, the lift times on standard kits seem very slow tho.

997TT SlowBerry - 205.0 mph 1/2 Mile WR Nov 2018, 9.7 @ 170 mph 1/4 Mile , 3.2 60-130 mph , 2.4 100-150 mph , 1420whp E85
ESMOTOR | DO88 | TPC DSC | SYVECS | COBB | IPD | KLINE | XONA | AMS | ID | ERP | SACHS | TURBOSMART | CSF | DODSON |
Old 06-02-2016, 08:44 AM
rob.boost has a reputation beyond reputerob.boost has a reputation beyond reputerob.boost has a reputation beyond reputerob.boost has a reputation beyond reputerob.boost has a reputation beyond reputerob.boost has a reputation beyond reputerob.boost has a reputation beyond reputerob.boost has a reputation beyond reputerob.boost has a reputation beyond reputerob.boost has a reputation beyond reputerob.boost has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by prodigymb
looks very cool, the lift times on standard kits seem very slow tho.
I agree. In my opinion I wouldn't go with anything other than the fast version. The 3" fast motor seems to be almost as fast as the stock hydraulic system.

Old 06-02-2016, 07:21 PM
au2bahn Is a GOD !au2bahn Is a GOD !au2bahn Is a GOD !au2bahn Is a GOD !au2bahn Is a GOD !au2bahn Is a GOD !au2bahn Is a GOD !au2bahn Is a GOD !au2bahn Is a GOD !au2bahn Is a GOD !au2bahn Is a GOD !
This is awesome and great alternative. Once my hydraulics are shot, this will be my resolution

Old 06-03-2016, 06:45 AM
DaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond reputeDaveCarrera4S has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks for putting this thread up Rob and all the testing you've done! Full disclosure...when I heard Rob was running his Turbo at 200 MPH, I asked if he would put a little something in the old thread about that. I mean we have done high speed track testing with the kit on many cars, but that would be at least 50 MPH less.

You can see his Turbo all over the RennKit website.