997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Baby seat question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-22-2009, 07:09 PM
DJS
DJS is infamous around these parts
Baby seat question

Hey Guys,
I love taking my 3 year old for rumbles in the canyon... and he loves it too... but I HATE taking out our baby seat and putting it back into our SUV, etc. Is the Porsche baby seat a good fit--is it smaller, better suited to the little 997 back seat? Or is it just an expensive baby seat with Porsche on it?

Anyone have one?

Thank you!

Old 06-22-2009, 08:25 PM
JohnAMG is infamous around these parts
Here are my Porsche booster seats. It fits nicely and smaller than my Britax booster seats.

John

Attached Images  
Old 06-22-2009, 08:30 PM
JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !
Here's mine, my son is 1yr old and he loves to go riding with Dad.

Old 06-22-2009, 09:29 PM
brendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond reputebrendo has a reputation beyond repute
the porsche baby seats fit perfectly in the back of the 911. i've pretty much tried them all. this fact is my single most significant contribution to porsche forums

Old 06-22-2009, 10:24 PM
gtwsdmd is infamous around these parts
i got one for my 997. it's perfect. my 2 year old loves to ride in it, but it is pricey!

Old 06-22-2009, 10:53 PM
DJS
Thank you

This is great! I can't wait to have a seat I can leave in my dreamcar--and one that FITS!

Wheeee!

Really appreciate the pics and feedback!

Happy belated father's day, guys!

Old 06-22-2009, 11:03 PM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Is your son big enough to use a backless booster? I use one and put my 5 year old in the front seat. Airbag will auto deactive on 06 and newer.

Old 06-23-2009, 01:27 AM
Majac4122 is infamous around these parts
I have the same seat as JohnAMG and it fits perfectly. I usually get some looks when I park my car, but I love the looks I get when people notice I'm taking my 3yr son out of the back. I guess it always surprises people to see a car seat in a sports car.

Old 06-23-2009, 05:14 AM
JohnAMG is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Majac4122
I have the same seat as JohnAMG and it fits perfectly. I usually get some looks when I park my car, but I love the looks I get when people notice I'm taking my 3yr son out of the back. I guess it always surprises people to see a car seat in a sports car.
I have many people couldn't stop commenting about the booster seats in a Porsche; they just never seen it in a Porsche.

John

Old 06-23-2009, 09:52 AM
DJS
thanks again

yeah, I think it's so cool that I can have this supercar and take my kid and wife anywhere! Totally awesome! It's good to surprise people, break a few stereotypes along the way...

I think my kid is too small for front boosters...

Old 06-23-2009, 10:26 AM
JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by DJS
yeah, I think it's so cool that I can have this supercar and take my kid and wife anywhere! Totally awesome! It's good to surprise people, break a few stereotypes along the way...

I think my kid is too small for front boosters...
It's your NEW FAMILY CAR as it's MINE.

Old 06-23-2009, 10:27 AM
JoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud of
Anybody have any ideas on a forward facing seat (but not a booster, more like for a 14 month old) that will fit but not as pricey as the Porsche model? I've got a Britax Roundabout coming from Amazon next week for the daily driver and hope it might go in the back of the 911 as well. I'll most likely put it behind the passanger seat and assume that I'll have to put the passanger seat all the way forward (making it essentially useless).

Old 06-23-2009, 12:33 PM
lakerholic is a splendid one to beholdlakerholic is a splendid one to beholdlakerholic is a splendid one to beholdlakerholic is a splendid one to beholdlakerholic is a splendid one to beholdlakerholic is a splendid one to beholdlakerholic is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by JoeShark
Anybody have any ideas on a forward facing seat (but not a booster, more like for a 14 month old) that will fit but not as pricey as the Porsche model? I've got a Britax Roundabout coming from Amazon next week for the daily driver and hope it might go in the back of the 911 as well. I'll most likely put it behind the passanger seat and assume that I'll have to put the passanger seat all the way forward (making it essentially useless).
Unfortunately, the Roundabout won't fit. It's too wide. I tried other Britax models (Frontier, etc.) and found them to protrude too far forward and not allow anyone to sit comfortably up front.

The Radian 65/80 will fit but it is difficult to get a tight fit of the seat (without movement) without repositioning the seat belt recepticle.

I have a Cosco Scenera and a Cosco High-Back Booster for my 1.5 y/o and 4.5 y/o respectively... I didn't choose these seats for their price, though they are vey cheap ($100 all in for both) but, rather, because they were the only ones, save for the Porsche seats that would fit in the back and allow my wife to sit up front without her knees at the dash.

If you wanted to reposition the seat belt recepticle, it's actually not that difficult and involves removing the bolt holding the recepticle and rotating the recepticle from front to back so the buckle insert point faces up and toward the back of the car versus forward of the car. I found that doing this was the only way to get a forward facing only car seat with a 5 pt harness (i.e., not a belt positioning booster) to fit snugly as you end up positioning the recepticle more to where the seat belt is supposed to come out.

Leaving the seat belt in its default position caused most, if not all, front facing car seats I tried, to twist left or right upon tightening.

More info at this link (scroll down for pictures I took of my setup):

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...t-997-2-a.html

Old 06-23-2009, 12:36 PM
colonel is infamous around these parts
I have 2 Fisher Price Safe Voyage booster seats (made by Britax). It was cheap when I got them ($30 each). They are narrow and fit great in the back. I've also removed the back seat and back rest.

Last edited by colonel; 06-23-2009 at 01:31 PM.
Old 06-23-2009, 04:45 PM
akim47 is infamous around these partsakim47 is infamous around these parts
does anybody know about infant seats? i was told that when you have an infant that needs to be rear facing, that it doesn't fit well... or that in order to make it fit, the passenger seat will have to be pushed up far...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Baby seat question