997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

997 TPC Racing Turbo Kit... Coming very soon! :p

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-21-2010, 07:14 AM
Schwabe has a spectacular aura aboutSchwabe has a spectacular aura aboutSchwabe has a spectacular aura about
I can only attest to the durability so far. I have now 10,000 miles on my TPC turbo on my Cayman. I also DD my Cayman, you can drive it just like a stock Cayman. The power deliver is very smooth and linear, no sudden turbo boost. The exhaust is very mellow to about 3,000RPM so you can drive the car DD and never get annoyed by a loud exhaust, kick it and it screams like you will not believe.

When I originally got the turbo installed I took the car down to NC for a Cayman Club weekend on the Dragon. I put an immediate 3,000 miles on the system of which at least half of it was above 5,000RPM. No sputter, no hickup - just endless joy.

Here is the link to a post I made in the Cayman section including a little vid:

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/boxster-cayman/197371-tpc-cayman-turbo-520bhp.html#post2676016

You can see some of my vids from the Dragon from the last two years here:

http://vimeo.com/5095319

Last edited by Schwabe; 01-21-2010 at 09:38 AM.
Old 01-21-2010, 08:54 AM
Former Vendor
TPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks for your input dom, i appreciate it... Here are 2 pictures of the new bumper bracket installed...

Old 01-21-2010, 09:28 AM
nugent_crai has much to be proud ofnugent_crai has much to be proud ofnugent_crai has much to be proud ofnugent_crai has much to be proud ofnugent_crai has much to be proud ofnugent_crai has much to be proud ofnugent_crai has much to be proud ofnugent_crai has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Casey@TPCRacing

Not that you can really tell but this is the 2wd car that had the evo blower on it... This one will be fun anyway, we are thinking of doing a reduced price pre-order... approx delivery would be in ~90 days... Anyone interested? If so i will see what we can put together.

Casey

EDIT: Also got the pieces back for the rear bumper brace. Will take photos of it installed on the 4wd car.
Casey, im very interested, PM me.

Old 01-21-2010, 10:53 AM
utkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks for your input dom, i appreciate it... Here are 2 pictures of the new bumper bracket installed...
Looks impressive.
Could you also please post pictures of where did you put air intake and filter box?

Old 01-21-2010, 11:36 AM
iliasgk74 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by utkinpol
Looks impressive.
Could you also please post pictures of where did you put air intake and filter box?
also a good comparison of sc vs turbo will be very useful for me
(the benefits of its kit , high temperatures of turbo,wbhp eth)

Old 01-21-2010, 11:50 AM
thealexman is a name known to allthealexman is a name known to allthealexman is a name known to allthealexman is a name known to allthealexman is a name known to allthealexman is a name known to all
Originally Posted by MarathonBob
Matt (in MA), Utkinpol, theaxleman, blown996,

9 PM EST now on Wednesday. I'm planning on getting up at around 3 AM and hitting the road early for my trip to TPC Racing. I have my car garaged for the winter on the Cape, where fortunately the roads are clear right now. Took the cover off tonight, it's all waxed, cleaned and vacuumed. That new car look will be gone soon as I hit the road.

Jessup or bust.
Have a good trip! I have a feeling it will be well worth it.

-Alex

Old 01-21-2010, 12:14 PM
Former Vendor
TPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by iliasgk74
also a good comparison of sc vs turbo will be very useful for me
(the benefits of its kit , high temperatures of turbo,wbhp eth)
A lot of this information has been covered. I know the thread is long but there is also a lot of good info in here.

Casey

Old 01-21-2010, 12:48 PM
utkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond reputeutkinpol has a reputation beyond repute
A lot of this information has been covered. I know the thread is long but there is also a lot of good info in here.

Casey
i do not think air intake was ever shown in details.

Old 01-21-2010, 12:49 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by utkinpol
i do not think air intake was ever shown in details.
Yeah, sorry was referring to the other post. I dont have any really descriptive photos and i am not in at the moment. I will chime in with photos soon.

Casey

Old 01-21-2010, 01:02 PM
iliasgk74 is infamous around these parts

Casey
i am reading this thread from the first forum,the posts that have infos are not to many!!
give us answers about intake,temperatures of turbo instead sc,comparison of bhp of these kits.
You are writing about the cayman and 50k miles but i am thinking that sc kit has been produced from many companies and tested from many cars all over the world instead of turbo kit

Old 01-21-2010, 01:53 PM
Former Vendor
The purpose of posting that information is how the same system works on a Cayman has over 50k miles on it and it runs very well... on race gas. Turbos are capable of making more power at the same boost level on a supercharged car because a supercharger requires the engine's energy to make power. The reason for us changing to the turbo system is that it is much easier to install and produces more power more efficiently. We will provide information regarding IATs and other info when the time is appropriate(after the official release). Our 987 turbo system has been installed on more than 150 cars world wide... won EVO magazine's modified car of the year and has a lot of followers.

Old 01-21-2010, 03:05 PM
Banned
Matt(in MA) is infamous around these parts
MarathonBod - Good trip down and I bet the trip home will be much faster

I was listening / watching the Cayman vid from the link above. I have to say that car sounds VERY loud on the inside. It might have been where the camera was relative to the motor but WOW that was loud. Will the 997 sound that loud Casey?

Best,

Matt (in MA)

Old 01-21-2010, 03:10 PM
Former Vendor
Dominic's car is a bit of an exception and not the rule... his car is running race headers and he likes cars very loud... so we made it quite loud. The 911 system is hung behind the car, as you can see from pictures. Bob went for a ride in one today so hopefully he will chime in at some point but it is relatively quiet... quieter than any sport exhaust. Has in essence 2 mufflers(one is a turbo and the other is the actual muffler) not to mention the cat. One interesting part of our company is that we can configure things to a customers liking(with in reason, of course).

Old 01-21-2010, 03:47 PM
Banned
Matt(in MA) is infamous around these parts
Casey -

Thanks - and enough quesitons from me... get back to work on Bob's car!

Best

Matt (in MA)

Old 01-21-2010, 06:08 PM
Schwabe has a spectacular aura aboutSchwabe has a spectacular aura aboutSchwabe has a spectacular aura about
hehe, the Cayman has a little different layout compared to the 997 from an engine and exhaust stand point. Everything in the Cayman is right behind you and inside the driver's compartment. My Cayman currently has no cats nor muffler to speak off. However, as mentioned above below 3,000 it is very mellow. Will do some vids this weekend with drive byes and inside, above and below 3,000.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: 997 TPC Racing Turbo Kit... Coming very soon! :p