997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

997 TPC Racing Turbo Kit... Coming very soon! :p

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-29-2010, 09:10 AM
GBXSport has a spectacular aura aboutGBXSport has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Casey@TPCRacing
Have to wait until the rain stops so i can get some more road footage... Plus Bob's car is under the knife getting our stage 3 suspension...
yeah, this rain has been miserable!!!

Old 04-01-2010, 07:06 AM
Former Vendor
TPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond repute

Bob's car, in line for the final dyno, all aligned and ready to go!

Along with the 996 3.4L we are also working on this PDK gen 2 car...

Old 04-01-2010, 01:44 PM
MarathonBob has a spectacular aura aboutMarathonBob has a spectacular aura aboutMarathonBob has a spectacular aura about
[quote=Casey@TPCRacing;2787145]

Bob's car, in line for the final dyno, all aligned and ready to go!

Hey Casey,
My car's being held hostage. I want it back and soon! Tell me when I can come and pick it up!

Bob

Old 04-01-2010, 02:24 PM
MarathonBob has a spectacular aura aboutMarathonBob has a spectacular aura aboutMarathonBob has a spectacular aura about
[quote=Josh@TPCRACING;2787734]
Originally Posted by MarathonBob

Bob,

We're very sorry to have held on to your car for so long. As your vehicle was one of our very first single turbo 997s, there was some fine tuning of the system that needed to happen so that installation would be as simple as possible, the tune would be absolutely perfect, and the overall driving experience would be second to none. It seemed that every time we were getting ready to wrap your car up, we would make some kind of development of break through to make things even better! So we wanted to hold on to your car, so that it would be the best it could possibly be, before we took full payment or release the car.

We are finished with the install itself, and just need to make some final dyno pulls to make sure everything is 100%. You will be able to pick up your car after this holiday weekend, and you will be free to go out and terrorize some Z06s and 997Turbos!

Josh Bers
TPCRacing
Hey Josh (and Casey),
My note was tongue in cheek, and I do appreciate all the efforts you and the great team from TPC have put into the car. I'm looking forward to the next dyno but more than that, coming down to Jessup and driving the car! I remain as enthused as when I dropped off the car!

Bob

Old 04-07-2010, 06:28 AM
Former Vendor
TPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond repute
Alright, Updates.

Bob's car should be finished in the next day or so, mike just got back from being out of town and we just sent out the rear bumper brace for a little squaring up.

Pics of Bobs car...

Pics of Markar's Car(996 3.4)

3.8L DFI PDK Getting the treatment...

Nick building an Intercooler...

Updates will be later in the day.

Old 04-07-2010, 07:16 AM
Banned
jstrat85 is a name known to alljstrat85 is a name known to alljstrat85 is a name known to alljstrat85 is a name known to alljstrat85 is a name known to alljstrat85 is a name known to all
nice!!!

Old 04-07-2010, 01:21 PM
ZoSo_DXB is infamous around these parts
I wonder how what the gains will be with the 997.2 ....
How much power can the pdk transmission take anyways?

Old 04-07-2010, 02:03 PM
justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !justatoy Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ZoSo_DXB
I wonder how what the gains will be with the 997.2 ....
How much power can the pdk transmission take anyways?
I also wonder how much power the engines can take in any 997.1 and 997.2..

Everyone SAYS they are NOT designed for FI but there are a lot of cars out there with it.........
Somebody with some serious BIG BALL$ and FAT pockets needs to push this block to it's limits to see what kind of BOOST our cars could handle!

Stacy

Last edited by justatoy; 04-07-2010 at 02:08 PM.
Old 04-07-2010, 02:08 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by utkinpol
Waw, great picture - first time I can see where you put oil line into.

So essentially you just unscrew that plug that is in stock engine and put line in. I looked at mine - not sure how do you get it out? Just kern it and rotate?

Are you sure if this connection is safe enough? It protrudes a bit low - I guess if you knock it hard enough at something like a stone or a branch on a highway - you will essentially spill all the oil out? Aren`t TT cars have something more solid there or is it essentially same set of thin tubes?

PS. If anybody owns TT car - would you mind post here or PM me a picture of same engine spot?
It isnt a screw, you actually have to tap the freeze plug and then thread in the line. We used to use an aux oil pump, that were incredible quality but they kept failing due to water/salt etc...

We have done tons of them w/o issue. It becomes a solid part of the car at that point.

bottom of turbo car... Same idea:

both are turbo oil returns.

Last edited by TPCRacing; 04-07-2010 at 02:18 PM.
Old 04-07-2010, 06:45 PM
Former Vendor
I cant accurately answer your question Paul, but I can ask mike in the morning. All I can say is that with the cayman kits that have had this conversion, using this oiling, we have never had an issue... in all climates and conditions. I looked under bobs car today and saw that the rear subframe is lower than the oil line.

Last edited by TPCRacing; 04-07-2010 at 06:48 PM.
Old 04-08-2010, 02:32 PM
[quote=Josh@TPCRACING;2796592]
Originally Posted by MarathonBob

Bob,

Mike and I just took a ride in your car to give it one final test run. We got a lot of great footage of Mike and your Single Turbo 997 in action.

All I can say is "WOW!!!!" This thing accelerates like you strapped a couple SRBs onto your car. It doesn't surge/lose power anywhere...it just keeps on pulling. And when you start getting to the point where power normally starts to fall off, this thing simply keeps on surging ahead; like the only thing holding it back now is the limit of the gears, and the need to shift!

You will absolutely blown away with your car...

And in the words of The Men's Warehouse....

"I Guarantee It!"

Josh Bers
TPCRacing
Saturday pickup Josh! And then she's mine again. Really looking forward to the drive home and in the interim seeing that vid. When will it post?
Bob

Old 04-08-2010, 02:38 PM
Former Vendor
Very excited for you Bob! I wont be able to cut the video together until Monday. So you will be able to enjoy it before i do! I had to leave today before Mike/Josh went out, i am jealous! We had it detailed for you yesterday but with the pollen i will make sure it is cleaned up again. Looking forward to your feedback on both the upgraded suspension and the new found torque!

Old 04-09-2010, 09:16 AM
Former Vendor
Coming right along on Markar's Car...

Crummy iphone photo... I apologize.

Attached Images  
Old 04-09-2010, 03:02 PM
iliasgk74 is infamous around these parts
can i ask what is kind of tyre in the photo?

Old 04-09-2010, 03:10 PM
crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !crazycarlitos Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by justatoy
I also wonder how much power the engines can take in any 997.1 and 997.2..

Everyone SAYS they are NOT designed for FI but there are a lot of cars out there with it.........
Somebody with some serious BIG BALL$ and FAT pockets needs to push this block to it's limits to see what kind of BOOST our cars could handle!

Stacy
sounds like u r volunteering..

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: 997 TPC Racing Turbo Kit... Coming very soon! :p