997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Lujack Dealer Terrible Experience

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-25-2010, 11:16 AM
JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !JmanE55 Is a GOD !
I cant believe they wouldnt step up and own this issue for you taylorcoleman, especially it's only a $500 for the new tires includes installation. Have you try talking to the GM and give him a piece of your mind? GL mate.

Old 02-25-2010, 11:23 AM
HATTRICK is a glorious beacon of lightHATTRICK is a glorious beacon of lightHATTRICK is a glorious beacon of lightHATTRICK is a glorious beacon of lightHATTRICK is a glorious beacon of lightHATTRICK is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by taylorcoleman
The purpose of this thread was to:
* Inform the public about my terrible experience with Lujack with fact, not emotion
* Allow for others to share how they either experienced or mitigated such a situation

I never thought to put at least, say, a $2,000 deposit via my credit card which I could charge back if there was a dispute. In addition to a PPI (which I usually do), I'll be sure to add this to my pre-purchase plan.

Again, I don't know if this Lujack terrible experience was an isolated incident or not. I'm simply reporting what happened to me.
.......and in the process attempting to ruin a dealers reputation because you didn't excersize necessary due diligence to protect yourself.

What you're reporting is not fact. You don't know for certain if they were negligent in disclosing the issue with the tire/rim. You're assuming they knew about it, didn't tell you and now you want them to correct the damage they may not be responsible for.

You mention the driver noted the damage before loading the vehicle ? Why wasn't it brought to your attention then ? How do you know the driver isn't covering his tracks ? You don't.

Too many loopholes in the story to place final blame on anyone.

The fact is you dropped the ball ensuring there were no issues with the car and want someone else to pay for your **** up.

Trust but Verify. Lesson learned 'eh ?

Everyone likes my avatar, and like it more in person.

Old 02-25-2010, 11:29 AM
dallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by djantlive
if you replace only one tire, make sure the other side is not worn out much. you don't want unequally worn or model tires on the same axle.
I think that's where part of the real issue is. I suspect there's a good chance that both tires will require replacement, not just one. I ran over a bolt a month ago in my 997, and the car only had 5000 miles on it. Two new tires, thank you very much. It's probably more like an $1100 issue than $500.

I also understand another opinion regarding spending the $300 for PPI in the first place. I disagree with the tone (sounds as if he works for a dealer, if not Lujack), but I see the point. The flip side of the argument is: this is a PORSCHE dealer, not Chevy, not Ford, not Dodge, not some used car lot, but a PORSCHE dealer. A greater level of customer service is to be expected from a brand that prides itself on the highest levels of quality in all phases of the ownership experience.

It sounds like a call or two to PCNA might be in order. Not to have them resolve the issue, but rather to inform them of the business practices of this dealer.

Of course, having said that...the possibility does exist that the transport driver is at fault as well. Let's face it, truck drivers don't have the best reputations. Those cars get moved around as various deliveries are made. Was the driver's note regarding the damage in written format on the 'delivery sheet'? If so, the dealer should have a copy to prove otherwise. If the dealer doesn't want to provide a copy, that tends to point that they are hiding something. If you have a copy of that document, it certainly helps your position as well.

Again, good luck...

Old 02-25-2010, 11:50 AM
taylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by HATTRICK
Everyone likes my avatar, and like it more in person.
I like your avatar even more then. Lucky guy.

Old 02-25-2010, 12:03 PM
taylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond reputetaylorcoleman has a reputation beyond repute
To help clarify, the truck driver inspected the car prior to touching the car. Upon inspection, the truck driver discovered the significant curb rash and gouge in the tire - as well as a scratch on the front bumper. Both the truck driver and Lujack signed off on this damage report prior to the truck driver taking delivery and loading the car.

The damage happened while the car with in Lujack's care. Let's also keep in mind the damage could have been caused when Lujack pulled the car from the showroom and into the parking lot prior to the truck driver making his inspection. A PPI would not have picked up any damage following the PPI and before my delivery.

But we can conjecture all we want. I believe I've stated the facts as I see them. I believe this experience was important enough to share -- and most of the contributions here may help someone avoid this situation.

And yes, this matter is now being pursued legally (after making so many reasonable attempts to resolve), so I can no longer comment. Please understand this is why I will not be responding to this matter on this thread or elsewhere.

Old 02-25-2010, 12:11 PM
ntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud ofntlgnt1 has much to be proud of
Sorry about your experience TC. On the bright side a tire and wheel are easily fixed than say mechanical problems. You'll be able to move past this quickly and start enjoying your new ride.

Old 02-25-2010, 01:36 PM
yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !yrralis1 Is a GOD !
Trust but Verify. Lesson learned 'eh ?
It would be ideal if he could trust them . It would be even better if fault assesment wasn't as much of an issue as the dealership simply wanting to see him happy with the expensive car he bought from them and trying to find some middle ground. It would be nice if they tried to retain him as a customer. However it is my opinion that these are unrealistic expectations .

I agree that he and anyone else must do all the used car legwork in person . Taylor admits not doing these steps . Whether his emotional rant is simply an opinion or an interpretation of his events is left up to the reader. Determining truth ,falsehood , fact, opinion to his story would also be up to the reader . BTW -that even would be the case had he given a positive review.

Off topic -I am still scratching my head as to how he went from a 911 Turbo to a Gt3 to a 997S . I fiind that topic far more interesting than an Iowa Porsche dealership.

Old 02-25-2010, 02:06 PM
Former Vendor
RUFone Is a GOD !RUFone Is a GOD !RUFone Is a GOD !RUFone Is a GOD !RUFone Is a GOD !RUFone Is a GOD !RUFone Is a GOD !RUFone Is a GOD !RUFone Is a GOD !RUFone Is a GOD !RUFone Is a GOD !
I question if he bought the car from the dealer or independent dealer?.. Porsche dealers check it all. Its a major liability for such a cheap fix.

Last edited by RUFone; 02-25-2010 at 02:10 PM.
Old 02-25-2010, 03:36 PM
mkaraoglan has a spectacular aura aboutmkaraoglan has a spectacular aura aboutmkaraoglan has a spectacular aura about
deler experince

i had a similar experince buying a Boxster sight unseen a few years back. when the car got here i made driver wait while i checked the car over. Top did not function. Dealer claimed it was working when it left Florida! Mileage was exaclty what dealer said it was when it got on trailer. Turns out one of the convertible top arms was broken. They tried to deny me reimbursement on fixing this (car was sold to me as mint).
it wasn't until i threatened to take two weeks of my 2 months of accumulated vacation to fly down to their dealership and exercise my right of free speech in front of the dealer by picketing them. i told the stealer that the los of one sale was more than making me right.
Got a check the next day.

having said that i bought my C2s from an individual and it was more than a great experience.

Old 02-25-2010, 03:47 PM
HATTRICK is a glorious beacon of lightHATTRICK is a glorious beacon of lightHATTRICK is a glorious beacon of lightHATTRICK is a glorious beacon of lightHATTRICK is a glorious beacon of lightHATTRICK is a glorious beacon of light
None of this passes the sniff test. Now all of a sudden he's got nail in the coffin paperwork to confirm the dealer was aware of the damaged tire and rim and shipped without disclosure ? C'Mon.

Any Porsche Sales Manager with a room temperature IQ would realize this as unacceptable and correct accordingly if presented with the report.

Let the tears of empathy continue to fall. I ain't buyin' it.

Old 02-25-2010, 04:00 PM
JoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud ofJoeShark has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Rennsport-1
Don,
Is it a front or rear tire? I have an extra Michelin PS2 ( 235/35/19 ) here. If it matches your other tires, I will send it to you ON THE HOUSE.
WOW, nice. Very NICE. Rep points for you (plus my business in the future as it arises).

Old 02-25-2010, 04:22 PM
jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by JoeShark
WOW, nice. Very NICE. Rep points for you (plus my business in the future as it arises).

Joe,
I was thinking the same thing. Its that "Pay it forward thread" on the parts forum thats got me. Hell , if I had a tire I would give it to taylor myself!

Jim

Old 02-25-2010, 04:39 PM
bonfire is just really nicebonfire is just really nicebonfire is just really nicebonfire is just really nice
I could easily see a dealer signing off on that report and just ignoring it, there is a local VW dealership that is notorious for poor service and ignorance. Almost to the point they are starting to ignore selling to 'Enthusiasts' because they know full well they will post anything on a forum. Trying to stick to just the casual customer.

Old 02-25-2010, 05:41 PM
penrose911 is infamous around these parts
Lujack's

In response to the message posted by user taylorcoleman, Lujack's has never done business with this person. He made an inquiry on the 2009 Porsche 911 C2S, which we offered for sale on the internet. He had a dealer in Indianapolis purchase the car from Lujack's at a substainsal price reduction to resell it to him. If he has a complaint with the car or how it was represented, he needs to take it up with the company that sold him the vehicle.

Old 02-25-2010, 06:02 PM
Taiwanese is infamous around these parts
I am sure tire condition is one of the check list during CPO certification. How can they claim CPO and bad/unsafe tire at the same time?

I am sure you paid good money for this car and the dealer is trying to save $500? That is not smart.

Some are just short sighted.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Lujack Dealer Terrible Experience