997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

997.1 LED Tail Lights - Dectane

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 06-22-2011, 09:14 PM
Cutters68 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Ynot
You do need to swap the brackets, you need to remove the top and bottom (t25 torx screw) to take out the light. The bracket is a regular phillip screw. It's one screw you need to remove, you have to re-used the brackets for the new lights. It's an easy and really quick job.
I thought the two torx screws held the bracket to the body and the lamp was connected to the bracket by the phillip screw. If that is the case why would you need to remove the bracket when you can remove the lamp from the bracket (leaving it in place) by simply removing the phillip screw and then installing new lamp by replacing the phillip screw.

Old 06-22-2011, 09:32 PM
boochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond repute
When did you order yours ynot? Mine shipped on 6/16 but am still eagerly awaiting....

Just installed my toddler's Recaro seat in the back so he can enjoy these declines with daddy....

Got mine today!!!!

Here it is, all boxed up

Nicely wrapped

All wrapped up

Unwrapped and ready to install

Good-bye old OEM taillights

Hello new LED tails on the left

Both installed

Final product

Have to say it was a pretty quick and easy installation. I am impressed with the product, looks very OEM. Looks so much better than stock.

Old 06-22-2011, 10:58 PM
Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Cutters68
I thought the two torx screws held the bracket to the body and the lamp was connected to the bracket by the phillip screw. If that is the case why would you need to remove the bracket when you can remove the lamp from the bracket (leaving it in place) by simply removing the phillip screw and then installing new lamp by replacing the phillip screw.
I guess I'm not explaining it correctly, watch this video, self explanatory.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jIGd...layer_embedded

Originally Posted by boochook
When did you order yours ynot? Mine shipped on 6/16 but am still eagerly awaiting....

Just installed my toddler's Recaro seat in the back so he can enjoy these declines with daddy....
June 16th, got it today June 22th, a week and a day, not bad, considering it came all the way from Germany.

Old 06-23-2011, 06:57 AM
Matt(inMA) has much to be proud ofMatt(inMA) has much to be proud ofMatt(inMA) has much to be proud ofMatt(inMA) has much to be proud ofMatt(inMA) has much to be proud ofMatt(inMA) has much to be proud ofMatt(inMA) has much to be proud ofMatt(inMA) has much to be proud ofMatt(inMA) has much to be proud of
I have to say those lights look great and look of great quality.

I was thinking....did any of you remove solid red tail lights when you installed these? Depending I would be interested in purchasing them. Solid red tail lights are part of my overall plan that I am pulling together for my 997.1

Thanks much,

Matt

Old 06-23-2011, 07:30 AM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Cutters68
It can be done either way. I assumed that the bracket was part of the light fixture so removed and attached the bracket to the light. I can see where someone would assume the bracket is part of the body and just leave in place. Either way works...and the look is great!

Old 06-23-2011, 10:34 AM
Cutters68 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by jhbrennan
It can be done either way. I assumed that the bracket was part of the light fixture so removed and attached the bracket to the light. I can see where someone would assume the bracket is part of the body and just leave in place. Either way works...and the look is great!
I know it can work either way. Just seems unnecessary to remove the bracket and then reintall bracket to new lamp. Middle screw out middle screw in and your done. I even think a few have posted that middle screw is all you need to mess with. Absolutely works both ways though.

Old 06-23-2011, 11:47 AM
steph280 has a spectacular aura aboutsteph280 has a spectacular aura about
Matt: I got a pair of red tail lights that came with my 08 C2S. I haven't decided to upgrade to LED's yet but if you make an offer that would offset enough of my LED purchase price, I might just do it.

Old 06-23-2011, 02:50 PM
LakeShow41 is just really niceLakeShow41 is just really niceLakeShow41 is just really niceLakeShow41 is just really niceLakeShow41 is just really nice
Originally Posted by LakeShow41
A while ago I posted that my friend's company has been working on a deal to import the Dectane lights directly from Europe or China. That's finally happened. He was not able to get them directly from DEPO (despite about 10 calls to them!) because Dectane has exclusive European distribution rights to these lights for a few more months and the US DEPO distributor, Maxzone, does not carry them yet and cannot order them. But he was able to get them from Orange's distributor in Europe. He can do $600 shipped to you in the US. And I can tell you the margin on selling these for $600 is next to nothing. He really wanted to come in less, but there is just no way without buying directly from DEPO. If you live in CA you will have to pay sales tax as his business is located there. He's ordered 6 sets and 2 are spoken and paid for so far.

If you are interested, you can PM me or email the company directly (that would be easier). The contact email is below. He can accept paypal or credit cards over the phone if preferred. If the next 4 slots fill up quickly, he can order more. Timing is the same as the Orange lights. Dectane is expecting their next shipment on 7/1 and the lights well be sent out to the resellers at that time and then on to the buyers. Thanks.

Revolution Motorsports:
info@revoms.com
http://www.revoms.com
The first batch of 6 has already sold out. Thanks everyone! If people are interested in more please see the contact info above. According to Dectane the 7/1 batch is not completely sold out yet, so Revolution Motorsports should be able to order more for the same time frame.

Old 06-23-2011, 10:17 PM
Musclehedz101 has much to be proud ofMusclehedz101 has much to be proud ofMusclehedz101 has much to be proud ofMusclehedz101 has much to be proud ofMusclehedz101 has much to be proud ofMusclehedz101 has much to be proud ofMusclehedz101 has much to be proud ofMusclehedz101 has much to be proud ofMusclehedz101 has much to be proud ofMusclehedz101 has much to be proud of
Thumbs up I love them!

My package arrived Tuesday and couldn't get chance to install till last night at midnight! (Come on now, we all suffer the same level of OCD so I'm sure you would have done the same, being you first opportunity to install.)

Install took me a little long ONLY because I HAD to clean out the rear tail light cavity before installing new LED units. I also wrapped the new lights cord/connector bundle in some pliable closed cell foam material. So that cords or connectors don;t rattle around in the tail light cavity and give me something else to obsess over!

After all was said and done they went in easily and look FANTASTIC. I must say the videos amd pics are good but seeing first hand...there is no comparison! LOVE the look and would do it again.

If anyone is on the fence, just buy them you will NOT regret it!

Old 06-23-2011, 11:37 PM
808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !808c2s Is a GOD !
Agreed with above op. I received the lights today. Installation was easy. Product quality is definitely comparable to OEM! Looks beautiful and not aftermarket at all. I did not have to use the extra resistors. Plug and play, as simple as that. As for removing the screws, yes you can just remove the center screw only and install the lights, but removing all 3 screws allows you to install the bracket better, as it has 2 grooves that it needs to sit in.

If any one is still on the fence about this, don't be. It's as good as it gets with these Dectane lights...and at these prices, it's a great value.

Old 06-24-2011, 08:40 AM
Fernando is infamous around these parts
Lovely car, boochook!

Old 06-24-2011, 03:24 PM
Marco997TT is infamous around these parts
Woohoo! Jumping on the band wagon and ordered mine from Carlightpro, received confirmation that it has shipped! Can't wait!!,,,,

Old 06-24-2011, 04:05 PM
mihink is infamous around these parts
Congrats on the order .... But you could have saved $300 just waiting a couple of weeks ordering from orange

Old 06-24-2011, 04:16 PM
boochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond repute

Old 06-24-2011, 06:35 PM
sizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond reputesizquik has a reputation beyond repute
Got mine today!!!!

Here it is, all boxed up

Nicely wrapped

All wrapped up

Unwrapped and ready to install

Good-bye old OEM taillights

Hello new LED tails on the left

Both installed

Final product

Have to say it was a pretty quick and easy installation. I am impressed with the product, looks very OEM. Looks so much better than stock.
The tails look great >but<
Silly question. What is blocking your exhaust? is it an illustion or are there some sort of flaps in there.or?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: 997.1 LED Tail Lights - Dectane