997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Gorgeous PTS Turquoise Blue Carrera GTS & SharkWerks Exhaust

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-23-2011, 03:57 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Wink Gorgeous PTS Turquoise Blue Carrera GTS & SharkWerks Exhaust

This special Carrera GTS was ordered PTS (paint-to-sample) in Blue Turquoise (3AS) with red belts and gauges as well as the sport bucket seats and driven by a 6speed too! Already outfitted with the PSE (Porsche Sport Exhaust) it was given a more aggressive exhaust note with the SharkWerks Exhaust.

The blue goes with a few of the other fruit loops in the shop that day:

On the lift she goes:

Once up in the air here's a shot of the souped up 9A1 engine and the three piece PSE exhaust:

The center section is what's about to be replaced. This piece is the same one as found on any 2009+ 997.2 and on the inside has two sharp (and restrictive) 180 degree bends. Straighten those out and you get better flow and sound.

And here's your lighter, louder and better flowing replacement:

Off with the factory unit!

And installed with the PSE again (and you can re-use the factory tips):

Ready to go home:

And a quick clip of the start up:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFDuNeBgK7w

Old 09-23-2011, 04:02 PM
Misanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant future
Yum, love the color. The rasp reminds of my e46 m3. Sounds mean in sport mode.

Old 09-23-2011, 04:32 PM
dallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant future
Ugh...damn...that's the only GTS I've seen that makes me a little jealous over my Plat Silver one. Great car and great sound! Loving my Bypass as well!

Old 09-23-2011, 04:59 PM
kitw has much to be proud ofkitw has much to be proud ofkitw has much to be proud ofkitw has much to be proud ofkitw has much to be proud ofkitw has much to be proud ofkitw has much to be proud ofkitw has much to be proud ofkitw has much to be proud of
I like the blue a LOT better on the 911s than I did on the E46 M3!

Old 09-23-2011, 07:36 PM
tommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud of
I think I've seen that color before.........just let me think for a minute..........

Name:  TurquoiseBlueinthesnow003.jpg
Views: 282
Size:  288.3 KB

Name:  TurquoiseBlueinthesnow002.jpg
Views: 290
Size:  238.9 KB

Old 09-23-2011, 07:40 PM
tommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud oftommyv has much to be proud of
Maybe I'm just an old guy....but that exhaust is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too loud for me!

Old 09-23-2011, 08:43 PM
Code Red is a splendid one to beholdCode Red is a splendid one to beholdCode Red is a splendid one to beholdCode Red is a splendid one to beholdCode Red is a splendid one to beholdCode Red is a splendid one to beholdCode Red is a splendid one to beholdCode Red is a splendid one to behold
^ definitely too old, that is not loud at all.

Old 09-23-2011, 08:49 PM
dallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant futuredallascajun has a brilliant future
You have to hear it up close, preferably from the drivers seat with windows and sunroof open. Not too loud...just 'angry'

Old 09-24-2011, 03:31 AM
Originally Posted by Code Red
^ definitely too old, that is not loud at all.

Maybe if I turn my miracle ear down!

Old 09-24-2011, 05:43 AM
jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by tommyv
Maybe I'm just an old guy....but that exhaust is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too loud for me!

You r an old bastard!

Old 09-24-2011, 05:49 AM
jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !jjc4scab Is a GOD !
This would be definetly 2 loud 4 u!!!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Jcg6...eature=related

Old 09-24-2011, 06:38 AM
Originally Posted by jjc4scab
You r an old bastard!
Not too old to pick that color though!!

Old 09-24-2011, 08:05 AM
mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !mdrums Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by tommyv
Not in person is it too loud. Especially on a GTS that comes with PSE in the off mode it's almost stock sounding just a little deeper. It the open mode there is zero drone cruising around and it's just a little more more sounding at full throttle above 4000rpm's.

I say the Sharkwerk's rear bypass is a MUST HAVE for any 2009-2012 997.

Old 09-26-2011, 08:46 AM
Tcc1999 is a splendid one to beholdTcc1999 is a splendid one to beholdTcc1999 is a splendid one to beholdTcc1999 is a splendid one to beholdTcc1999 is a splendid one to beholdTcc1999 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by mdrums
Not in person is it too loud. Especially on a GTS that comes with PSE in the off mode it's almost stock sounding just a little deeper. It the open mode there is zero drone cruising around and it's just a little more more sounding at full throttle above 4000rpm's.

I say the Sharkwerk's rear bypass is a MUST HAVE for any 2009-2012 997.
I think that Alex should re-name it the 997.2 Goldilocks X-Bypass. With PSE off it's not too quiet and with PSE on it's not obnoxiously loud. Overall, it's just right. Also, you never hear anyone saying that they wish they hadn't gotten the Bypass. If you've never heard it in person it is a leap of faith - but well worth it. On the GTS (the only thing I have experience with), good product, great sound w/o replacing the entire exhaust. Kudos to Sharkwerks.

(Mdrums, my wife told me she hated the black wheels when I ordered the car but never said anything - now she tells me, considering the color of the car, that they actually a nice compliment. I'm ambivalent about the CL's b/c I don't change wheels for track days - plus they're a tad easier to clean.)

Old 09-26-2011, 08:52 AM
tcouture is a splendid one to beholdtcouture is a splendid one to beholdtcouture is a splendid one to beholdtcouture is a splendid one to beholdtcouture is a splendid one to beholdtcouture is a splendid one to beholdtcouture is a splendid one to behold
+1 on the bypass being one of the best mods under for under 1K.

Great color on the car. I'll definitively add this on my list of possible choices for my next car. But I have to say, that list of nice Porsche blues just keep getting longer (Mexico, Riviera, Turquoise, etc.)... This PTS thing is not making things easier...

Well done,

T.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Gorgeous PTS Turquoise Blue Carrera GTS & SharkWerks Exhaust