997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

WOW! ROTtec 997.1 DRL LED's

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-18-2011, 11:37 PM
Ray
Former Vendor
Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !
Please understand my responds will be slower in weekend. Just a quick update for the fix. We have added a load resistor to fix the check front light issue and I'm waiting from factory to confirm when we can have the resistors. We're going to use a plug in type resistors, so there will be no cutting wire, tapping etc.

Member Toffee DRL has different issue. After our suggest testing and we confirmed it was due to defected unit. That's why we sent him replacement immediately.

I will email everyone who report with the warning issue tomorrow when I back to office.

Old 12-18-2011, 11:39 PM
Ray
Former Vendor
Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !Ray Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by BSB911TT
I am surprised you received a replacement so quickly? I am still waiting to here back from Ray to replace my faulty Driver Side DRL. Picture attached. He emailed me 4 days ago about contacting the factory and filling a warranty claim but that was it. He said once it was "approved" he would send a replacement. I have not heard anything since Dec 14th.
Since their office close on Sat and Sun. I should have answer from factory by tomorrow.

Old 12-19-2011, 12:15 AM
NJM500 is infamous around these parts
Thanks Ray. Look forward to getting resistors.

Old 12-19-2011, 03:35 AM
JPSJR is infamous around these parts
I ordered mine direct from Hong Kong and have zero issues! No warning lights nor messages. There are also other guys who purchased them from same company in hong kong and have the same results. To the poster who said something about markup on these lights, tell me about it!

Old 12-19-2011, 03:45 AM
Fernando is infamous around these parts
Thanks Ray.
I get error messages from time to time too. Both right & left. No malfuntion though.

By the way, the interior led lights are awesome. It just gives it a very nice quality touch.

Old 12-19-2011, 07:55 AM
marconi72 is infamous around these parts
Hi Guys,

Have to say the pics look great. I just received mine from CarGym in Hong Kong. Price was a liitle better than others I have seen around and photos look identical.

I'm a little nervous as I'm hoping that it all goes well, I have also ordered the TFLM03 module from Germany. has anyone used this?? does it just connect with the wire from the foglight (splice the positive wire)? seems too easy. To my knowledge and please correct me if I'm wrong but it senses a voltage drop on start up so sends power to the DRL but once the Lights are On how does it sense that and switch off the DRL??

want to try and get this worked out before attempting to install them

Thanks to everyone for going into detail on the installation.

Last edited by marconi72; 12-19-2011 at 07:57 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 12-19-2011, 08:27 AM
keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !keninirvine Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by marconi72
Hi Guys,

Have to say the pics look great. I just received mine from CarGym in Hong Kong. Price was a liitle better than others I have seen around and photos look identical.

I'm a little nervous as I'm hoping that it all goes well, I have also ordered the TFLM03 module from Germany. has anyone used this?? does it just connect with the wire from the foglight (splice the positive wire)? seems too easy. To my knowledge and please correct me if I'm wrong but it senses a voltage drop on start up so sends power to the DRL but once the Lights are On how does it sense that and switch off the DRL??

want to try and get this worked out before attempting to install them

Thanks to everyone for going into detail on the installation.
The module has 2 wires to each front fog light, one wire to one of the parking lights, and a positive and negative wire to the battery. I mounted mine in the nav unit area and ran the wires behind carpeting etc to light assemblies, and ran the battery wires through the rubber grommet to the battery chamber. To do it nicely you'll likely want to allow yourself 2 or 3 hours.

Old 12-19-2011, 12:28 PM
BSB911TT is a jewel in the roughBSB911TT is a jewel in the roughBSB911TT is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by Ray
Since their office close on Sat and Sun. I should have answer from factory by tomorrow.
Ok Ray that is fine. I just had seen this: ("Member Toffee DRL has different issue. After our suggest testing and we confirmed it was due to defected unit. That's why we sent him replacement immediately")

I am clearly dealing with a defective unit as well so I was just wondering why I have to wait for a replacement and another customer had his replace immediately?

Attached Images  
Old 12-19-2011, 03:36 PM
Ray
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by BSB911TT
Ok Ray that is fine. I just had seen this: ("Member Toffee DRL has different issue. After our suggest testing and we confirmed it was due to defected unit. That's why we sent him replacement immediately")

I am clearly dealing with a defective unit as well so I was just wondering why I have to wait for a replacement and another customer had his replace immediately?
I agree your DRL clearly a defected unit and my customer service will contact you shortly for the replacement unit.

Old 12-19-2011, 03:37 PM
Ray
Former Vendor
Everyone who reported with warning light issue should received email from me with pics for the fix.

Old 12-19-2011, 04:30 PM
cavsct94 is a splendid one to beholdcavsct94 is a splendid one to beholdcavsct94 is a splendid one to beholdcavsct94 is a splendid one to beholdcavsct94 is a splendid one to beholdcavsct94 is a splendid one to behold
Ray is sending out a resistor after he receives them in a week or so. He thinks the problem is isolated to early '05 and '07 cars.

Attached Images  
Old 12-19-2011, 04:52 PM
Doug_B_928 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by cavsct94
He thinks the problem is isolated to early '05 and '07 cars.
Interesting. What is unique about the early '05 and '07 cars?

Old 12-19-2011, 05:15 PM
lopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to behold
interesting... a resistor fix now

Old 12-19-2011, 05:44 PM
drive2006c4s is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Doug_B_928
Interesting. What is unique about the early '05 and '07 cars?
this is very interesting "early 05 and 07 cars"...
anyone with 06 or 08 are having problem???

Old 12-19-2011, 05:47 PM
ELUSIVE is infamous around these partsELUSIVE is infamous around these parts
Edgy01 from Rennlist has an 06 and he initially didn't have any codes, but then after a long drive got errors. He wrote:

"I drove up to Sacramento today and decided to give them a workout. I ran my 997.1 car with DRL on, and found after about 100 miles that I got several "check front right light" warnings. I attempted to troubleshoot things as I drove. First, I turned off the DRL function when on a break and then selectively turned things on at dusk. I started with the running lights and the 'fogs' on (no headlights) so that I could see if they were working when I trailed a nice reflecting vehicle. Despite the occasional warnings the lights never faltered--the running lights, the fogs, nor turns. So, it is apparent that something in the voltage department is generating enough of a voltage issue to throw a code. Temp was around 50ºF and elevation 0-800 ft. Clear, no rain (moisture). I am pleased that they appear to work well, but the occasional code alert can become a pain and a distraction. Sometimes I found that I would get a red exclamation point--but no narrative code--and then the exclamation point will disappear on its own."

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: WOW! ROTtec 997.1 DRL LED's