997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

How to replace visor lights

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-28-2013 | 04:48 PM
|
slicky rick is a glorious beacon of lightslicky rick is a glorious beacon of lightslicky rick is a glorious beacon of lightslicky rick is a glorious beacon of lightslicky rick is a glorious beacon of lightslicky rick is a glorious beacon of light
How to replace visor lights

Anybody replace sun visor lights with leds?

Old 05-28-2013 | 05:13 PM
Banned
semicycler has a reputation beyond reputesemicycler has a reputation beyond reputesemicycler has a reputation beyond reputesemicycler has a reputation beyond reputesemicycler has a reputation beyond reputesemicycler has a reputation beyond reputesemicycler has a reputation beyond reputesemicycler has a reputation beyond reputesemicycler has a reputation beyond reputesemicycler has a reputation beyond reputesemicycler has a reputation beyond repute
I have, yes. Use a plastic trim pry bar and pop off the inner piece for access to the bulb. I had to bend the contacts on the visor a little to fit the LED tightly. Be sure to insert the LED the right direction. LED's are directional and only work when inserted properly. One way they will light up. The other the will not.

You can remove the entire sun visor by pulling on it if needed. Just be sure to test the direction of the bulb before putting the cover back on.

Attached Images  

Last edited by semicycler; 05-28-2013 at 05:16 PM.
Old 05-28-2013 | 06:27 PM
|
slicky rick is a glorious beacon of lightslicky rick is a glorious beacon of lightslicky rick is a glorious beacon of lightslicky rick is a glorious beacon of lightslicky rick is a glorious beacon of lightslicky rick is a glorious beacon of light
rep points for you brother. but how do i give you points?

Old 05-28-2013 | 06:28 PM
|
do they look better with leds?

Old 05-28-2013 | 06:50 PM
Banned
semicycler has a reputation beyond reputesemicycler has a reputation beyond reputesemicycler has a reputation beyond reputesemicycler has a reputation beyond reputesemicycler has a reputation beyond reputesemicycler has a reputation beyond reputesemicycler has a reputation beyond reputesemicycler has a reputation beyond reputesemicycler has a reputation beyond reputesemicycler has a reputation beyond reputesemicycler has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by slicky rick
Whiter and brighter. I love them. But some think they are too bright and sterile looking. It's all a matter of taste.

but how do i give you points?
Click the little star medal in the upper right hand corner of a person's post.

Old 05-28-2013 | 06:52 PM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Make-up on the ladies looks a little more harsh with the bright lights.

Old 05-29-2013 | 08:06 AM
|
Now that comment of jhbrennan carries weight and should be investigated. I will ask the girls.

Old 01-07-2020 | 09:33 AM
ultrahuck is infamous around these parts
. . . . . or the boys. After all it is 2020.

Old 09-12-2020 | 08:39 AM
vcsg is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by semicycler
I have, yes. Use a plastic trim pry bar and pop off the inner piece for access to the bulb. I had to bend the contacts on the visor a little to fit the LED tightly. Be sure to insert the LED the right direction. LED's are directional and only work when inserted properly. One way they will light up. The other the will not.

You can remove the entire sun visor by pulling on it if needed. Just be sure to test the direction of the bulb before putting the cover back on.

Hi, can anyone direct me to where i can purchase a set of these white leds for the visor? Many Thanks!

Old 03-17-2021 | 04:38 PM
c labruno is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by vcsg
Hi, can anyone direct me to where i can purchase a set of these white leds for the visor? Many Thanks!

did you ever find out where everyone bought the led bulbs for the sun visors

Old 03-18-2021 | 07:15 AM
The Breeze is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by c labruno
did you ever find out where everyone bought the led bulbs for the sun visors
Wen I did it on my 997.1 a few years ago (no longer have it!), I got most of my LEDs from these guys: https://www.superbrightleds.com/