997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Beverley Hills Porsche

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-04-2013, 09:14 PM
2005997carrera2 is a splendid one to behold2005997carrera2 is a splendid one to behold2005997carrera2 is a splendid one to behold2005997carrera2 is a splendid one to behold2005997carrera2 is a splendid one to behold2005997carrera2 is a splendid one to behold2005997carrera2 is a splendid one to behold
Beverley Hills Porsche

http://forums.rennlist.com/rennforum...-poor-car.html
I know it may be looked down upon to post links to other forums, but this is an issue that I think should gain as much visibility as possible. We can't let dealers treat people like this and get away with it.

Old 07-04-2013, 09:50 PM
kurtis_h has a spectacular aura aboutkurtis_h has a spectacular aura about
Thanks for sharing. I forgot about that. Someone had sent me a link to that awhile ago. I posted the following on there facebook site. Couple others have as well. Just commented on all pics on there facebook page with the following;

"Based on some informantion as to how one of our Porsche members has been treated as to the purchase of a vehicle that was misrepresented as to it's true condition word is getting out not to trust or do business with your dealership. If a Porsche dealer cannot be trusted we then have major problems"

Old 07-04-2013, 10:30 PM
Robocop305 is just really niceRobocop305 is just really niceRobocop305 is just really niceRobocop305 is just really nice
Lets keep it going. This dealer needs to go down!!

Old 07-04-2013, 10:32 PM
Perk10 has a reputation beyond reputePerk10 has a reputation beyond reputePerk10 has a reputation beyond reputePerk10 has a reputation beyond reputePerk10 has a reputation beyond reputePerk10 has a reputation beyond reputePerk10 has a reputation beyond reputePerk10 has a reputation beyond reputePerk10 has a reputation beyond reputePerk10 has a reputation beyond reputePerk10 has a reputation beyond repute
Read the thread yesterday. Make me sick to my stomach

Old 07-05-2013, 01:29 AM
slick911 has a spectacular aura aboutslick911 has a spectacular aura about
Just finished reading the whole thread. How awful! Thanks for sharing. Timing can't be better though. I was already talking to one of their sales rep regarding a new Boxster for my wife. Well, not anymore!

Old 07-05-2013, 06:07 AM
Tuvok is infamous around these parts
First, I don't think it matters whether you share a link/post from Rennlist as that site and this site are owned and operated by the same company (i.e. Internet Brands).

Second, BEverly Hills Porsche is not the only Porsche dealer with questionable sales and customer service techniques. When i was searching for a new Porsche I found what appeared to be a great deal at Porsche of West Houston and I asked for a DME report on the car and they wouldn't give me one after 3 requests. Then, finally I said I was going to walk from the car and they said that they needed to charge me $100 for the DME report. I ended up paying $85 for the report and I'm glad I did as the car had major over revs in all ranges (over 12k in R1 and over 2k in R6). Even the salesperson (who was new to the dealer and quit shortly after) told me to pass on the car as management from the dealer didn't want to release the DME report. The car ended up selling to someone that didn't know better to request that report.

Point being, PPI is essential when purchasing any car, even a Porsche CPO car.

Old 07-05-2013, 07:12 AM
2005997carrera2 is a splendid one to behold2005997carrera2 is a splendid one to behold2005997carrera2 is a splendid one to behold2005997carrera2 is a splendid one to behold2005997carrera2 is a splendid one to behold2005997carrera2 is a splendid one to behold2005997carrera2 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by slick911
Just finished reading the whole thread. How awful! Thanks for sharing. Timing can't be better though. I was already talking to one of their sales rep regarding a new Boxster for my wife. Well, not anymore!
You should tell Beverley Hills Porsche that.

Old 07-05-2013, 07:32 AM
robsled has a reputation beyond reputerobsled has a reputation beyond reputerobsled has a reputation beyond reputerobsled has a reputation beyond reputerobsled has a reputation beyond reputerobsled has a reputation beyond reputerobsled has a reputation beyond reputerobsled has a reputation beyond reputerobsled has a reputation beyond reputerobsled has a reputation beyond reputerobsled has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Tuvok

Point being, PPI is essential when purchasing any car, even a Porsche CPO car.
This!

But....

If the OP on rennlist had just asked "hey any rennlister (or 6speeder etc) available in SoCal to do a quick visual on a car at BH dealership for me"....there would not even been a need to go further with a PPI.

There is absolutely no excuse for the dealership to conduct business this way. But I can't help think the buyer was a little naive in "buying" everything the salesperson was feeding him without someone confirming the info on the car. Rennlist members offer a "rennfax" for just this purpose and the OP has been on RL since 2006.

Buying a car sight unseen without a PPI and no other inspection by anyone is definitely a crapshoot. You might win, but the odds are not in your favor. I've looked at lots of Porsche's that the seller has described as mint condition and the car was a mess.

I sincerely hope the buyer gets this nightmare straightened out, but it might be a very expensive lesson in trust .....especially not in Beverly Hills Porsche!

Old 07-05-2013, 08:18 AM
robsled has a reputation beyond reputerobsled has a reputation beyond reputerobsled has a reputation beyond reputerobsled has a reputation beyond reputerobsled has a reputation beyond reputerobsled has a reputation beyond reputerobsled has a reputation beyond reputerobsled has a reputation beyond reputerobsled has a reputation beyond reputerobsled has a reputation beyond reputerobsled has a reputation beyond repute
I just "liked" Beverly Hills Porsche on facebook.

There are many negative comments to every post BHP makes on FB. May be little consequence, but at least you can tell BHP how you feel about this situation that others may not be aware of.

Old 07-05-2013, 09:18 AM
Tcc1999 is a splendid one to beholdTcc1999 is a splendid one to beholdTcc1999 is a splendid one to beholdTcc1999 is a splendid one to beholdTcc1999 is a splendid one to beholdTcc1999 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by robsled
There is absolutely no excuse for the dealership to conduct business this way. But I can't help think the buyer was a little naive in "buying" everything the salesperson was feeding him without someone confirming the info on the car. Rennlist members offer a "rennfax" for just this purpose and the OP has been on RL since 2006.
I understand what you mean but this sort of logic is a slippery slope (and I'm sure this isn't what you meant). It is akin to blaming the rape victim for rape. There's no excuse for rape (or in your example to conduct business this way) but the person was naive in trusting their attacker or wore suggestive clothing (again in your example, naive in buying everything the sales person said).

Based on the facts I know, what happened to the buyer is not his fault. Perhaps he should have trusted no one but he entered into a contract with BHP to purchase car represented as A and received a car that was actually B. Not exactly a meeting of the minds. Dealerships run fast and loose because many people don't want to go through the trouble of filing claims or they can't afford to have an expensive asset in the garage while disagreements are sorted out. Is there anyone out there who likes the way dealerships do business? Yet, laws protecting dealership franchises are not changed - we get the government we deserve.

Old 07-05-2013, 09:33 AM
Domer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Tcc1999
we get the government we deserve.
+1 here

Old 07-05-2013, 10:42 AM
italdream is infamous around these parts
Dealers of all kind are an untrustworthy bunch. I followed that thread from its inception and cannot wonder how anybody would spend that kind of money on a car without a visual and a PPI.

I mean I spent money, time, and effort to check mine and I still sometimes think who knows what the dealer knew and did not tell me.

The Beverly Hills guy seem especially awful, but then again a used Porsche dealer in Beverly Hills is the functional equivalent of a used multibrand used low-end car dealer in most of the country. They can probably get away with a lot, given the local demographics.

With the above in mind, it would not be a bad idea to have some dealers sticky, where we grade them and give them an opportunity to reply and make a wrong right.

Last edited by italdream; 07-05-2013 at 10:44 AM.
Old 07-05-2013, 10:43 AM
tcc1999.....

I understand what you are saying too, but I, in no way meant to relate this to a rape scenario. But the OP in a way was molested because he was too trusting of a total stranger. A car salesman at that. Whether it's a Porsche dealership or a Kia dealership, no one should trust and believe what is said by a salesperson.

My only point was that if the buyer had not trusted the salesperson and had a fellow Porsche person from one of the discussion forums check the car out right away, none of this would have taken place!

Old 07-05-2013, 12:54 PM
sandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud ofsandwedge has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by robsled
This!

But....

If the OP on rennlist had just asked "hey any rennlister (or 6speeder etc) available in SoCal to do a quick visual on a car at BH dealership for me"....there would not even been a need to go further with a PPI.
Maybe, maybe not. Depends on how quick the visual, how sharp the rennlister or 6-speeder and whether or not he/she carried a paint meter.

Also, I have bought two E46 M3's, one Z4 and a 997 C4S sight unseen. The only car that was PPI'd was the Z4 and that's the only car that was not perfect and as described even though both the dealer and the PPI report insisted it was. A PPI is not a guarantee of anything as far as I'm concerned.

There's 18 pages on this subject on Rennlist and "should have done a PPI" posts still trickle in there too. The OP probably gets that by now. To be brutally honest, I may well have done the same thing he did since the car was sold by the largest volume Porsche dealership in the world, was described as perfect and was CPO'd. Read PCNA's own description of the CPO philosophy and standards and then try to imagine a car like the OP describes being sold as such. http://forums.rennlist.com/rennforum...45-post15.html

Unless PCNA steps in and rights this ship they have essentially destroyed the meaning of their own certification process since it doesn't seem to mean much beyond a three letter marketing ploy.

Old 07-05-2013, 01:33 PM
K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !K-E-V Is a GOD !
I guess I lucked out when I picked up my 4S from them. I could have new. Like the OP on Rennlist.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Beverley Hills Porsche