997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Frunk Cowl Removal In 997.1 Cab

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-19-2014, 12:56 PM
Silverbullet911 is infamous around these parts
Frunk Cowl Removal In 997.1 Cab

Hi All, I have searched a couple of forums, but still can not figure this one out. I have removed all screws to the main cowl in the frunk, but the wind deflector anchor needs to come out to free the cowl. Does anyone know how to remove this anchor? The anchor is used to secure the wind deflector and cover when not in use. Thanks in advance.

Old 01-21-2014, 10:47 AM
Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !
Aside from obviously removing wiper arms, you also need to disconnect antennas (GPS if applicable and radio w/ retaining screws) along w/ washer fluid & pump connections in addition to the 5 mechanical attachment points. Assuming you're ok w/ the 'others', the 5 physical connections to body for cowl are:

- two (torx) screws in frunk attaching lower "wings" of cowl to body (basically behind battery)
- one screw in center on upper part of cowl
- Two nuts (under cap) - one each at either outer end of upper cowl.

Here's a pix and good luck

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Cowl Removal 997.1.jpg
Views:	1771
Size:	87.3 KB
ID:	323505  
Old 01-22-2014, 12:08 AM
Thank you Burg Boxster for your great reply, unfortunately I failed to convey the proper source of the current challenge supported with a picture. A picture of the anchor has now been attached. I would greatly appreciate any instruction as to the removal of the anchor to free the cowl, all other screws to the cowl have been removed. Thank you in advance.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	wind deflector anchor.JPG
Views:	357
Size:	31.5 KB
ID:	323808  
Old 01-23-2014, 10:28 AM
Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !Burg Boxster Is a GOD !
Got it, now I understand what you are inquiring about.

The windstop bag anchor point in my C2S is different than in your C4S. Mine is attached to carpeted panel covering amp/tool kit and not the frunk liner. That said and in looking at workshop diagram it may just be secured vertically in a sheet metal slot on vehicle body. If you have all screws holding liner in removed, try gently pulling upward and see if it releases.

FWIW (as related to workshop manual for '05 997) the anchor point original p/n was: 997.551.805.00.

Good luck

Old 01-23-2014, 09:29 PM
Thank you. Finally figured it out. Take a rubber mallet and strike the left side of the anchor. This will slide the anchor to the right and unlock it.

Old 01-24-2014, 03:00 PM
I've always subscribed to the "get a bigger hammer" DIY school of thought too - LOL.

Glad you got it sorted out.