997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

door handle

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-11-2014 | 10:19 PM
|
MJRizzo is infamous around these parts
door handle

I tried to check forum to see if this was brought up before and I didn't see anything on this. I went to open my door today from the inside and herd a pop . The door still opens with handle but it feels like it has no spring to it anymore ? It even sits out a little bit ( not flush to door anymore ). Is there a spring that is supposed to be connected inside ? Or did something else brake ? And the big question, does the whole door panel have to come off to fix it? Thanks in advance for any help.....

Old 05-11-2014 | 10:32 PM
no1joey is a name known to allno1joey is a name known to allno1joey is a name known to allno1joey is a name known to allno1joey is a name known to allno1joey is a name known to all
Originally Posted by MJRizzo
I tried to check forum to see if this was brought up before and I didn't see anything on this. I went to open my door today from the inside and herd a pop . The door still opens with handle but it feels like it has no spring to it anymore ? It even sits out a little bit ( not flush to door anymore ). Is there a spring that is supposed to be connected inside ? Or did something else brake ? And the big question, does the whole door panel have to come off to fix it? Thanks in advance for any help.....
Not sure about the first part but I am sure the door trim will need to come off to fix it, I needed a new switch on the inside of the door handle that drops the window an inch when you pull the handle (cabriolet), the door trim needed to come off, dare say yours will to. About an hours labor.

Old 05-12-2014 | 05:51 AM
|
Handle

Yes , I have a cab also. It still works but I know it not sitting flush will drive me crazy...

Old 05-12-2014 | 06:23 AM
no1joey is a name known to allno1joey is a name known to allno1joey is a name known to allno1joey is a name known to allno1joey is a name known to allno1joey is a name known to all
Yes , I have a cab also. It still works but I know it not sitting flush will drive me crazy...
If you end up getting it done get them to change the inner operating handles while they have the trim off, that is if your silver door handles are worn.

Old 05-12-2014 | 12:45 PM
Luckymba is infamous around these parts
I posted almost the same thing 6+ months ago. Still haven't got it fixed. Low on my priority list and other than sticking out a bit hasn't given me any trouble at all. When I go in for something else I'll get it done too.

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ng-broken.html

Old 05-12-2014 | 01:59 PM
FlaHeel is a glorious beacon of lightFlaHeel is a glorious beacon of lightFlaHeel is a glorious beacon of lightFlaHeel is a glorious beacon of lightFlaHeel is a glorious beacon of lightFlaHeel is a glorious beacon of light
Mine did the same thing. I'm lazy so had dealer repair. Sorry I forgot costs, will check and reply tomorrow.

Old 05-12-2014 | 03:11 PM
Domer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond reputeDomer911 has a reputation beyond repute
wouldn't it cause your windows to recess a few inches if it sticks out a bit, like when you open the door? I know the actuator is tripped by part of the actual door handle/opener (alumilook part).

Old 05-12-2014 | 03:14 PM
Luckymba is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Domer911
wouldn't it cause your windows to recess a few inches if it sticks out a bit, like when you open the door? I know the actuator is tripped by part of the actual door handle/opener (alumilook part).
You would think so but it doesn't. Everything functions just like it should except the handle doesn't have that tension on it when you go to open it and hangs slightly.

Old 05-12-2014 | 08:57 PM
|
Is this just a spring ? I'm just worried if I don't take care of it now I will pull to hard and snap handle?

Old 05-13-2014 | 07:32 AM
Dadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond reputeDadio has a reputation beyond repute
https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...ing-broke.html

Try this link and some of the related links. Inexpensive fix if you DIY.

Old 05-25-2014 | 05:42 AM
y2kgixxer is infamous around these parts
happened to me as well a couple of days ago. took the door panel off and it was the mechanism that is between the door handle (inside) and cable. the part cost around $12-15. and very easy to replace. when i get mine i'll post some pics