997 2005-2012 911 C2, C2S, C4, C4S, GTS, Targa and Cabriolet Model Discussion.

Dectanes

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-20-2014, 11:30 AM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Rob_G
That's mine on #126. The little boxes were already attached the tail lights. There were no pieces hanging or apart. It was all one piece.
Someone ought to ask Fishcakes for an explanation why the differences??

Old 09-20-2014, 02:18 PM
TurboBoostin is a splendid one to beholdTurboBoostin is a splendid one to beholdTurboBoostin is a splendid one to beholdTurboBoostin is a splendid one to beholdTurboBoostin is a splendid one to beholdTurboBoostin is a splendid one to beholdTurboBoostin is a splendid one to behold
Just ordered! Thx Gino. Rep point for you.

Old 09-20-2014, 02:39 PM
socialpro is a name known to allsocialpro is a name known to allsocialpro is a name known to allsocialpro is a name known to allsocialpro is a name known to allsocialpro is a name known to all
Just swapped lights - turned out great...OEM like fit/finish! Light error came on for a second then went away - and hopefully stays away!

Old 09-21-2014, 11:48 AM
pderover is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by jhbrennan
It's a warning light, not a CEL. Did you install the resistor boxes (or were they already installed)? Did you by chance activate the rear fog light - even though it's only on the driver's side, there have been reports of that triggering a warning light. Good luck.
Hi jhbrennan,

You're right, not CEL, but a warning light. I checked the lights and it seems that one of the connectors was loose. Hopefully I won't have to troubleshoot any further.

Best,
Patrick

Old 09-22-2014, 12:14 AM
Perk10 has a reputation beyond reputePerk10 has a reputation beyond reputePerk10 has a reputation beyond reputePerk10 has a reputation beyond reputePerk10 has a reputation beyond reputePerk10 has a reputation beyond reputePerk10 has a reputation beyond reputePerk10 has a reputation beyond reputePerk10 has a reputation beyond reputePerk10 has a reputation beyond reputePerk10 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by GixxerGino
I think the main difference is that these are manufactured with the box built into the light as part of production. A lot of the "others" out there are wired up as an afterthought.
AWWWW fawk did I miss this?! No warning PM?!?! shiiiiittttt

Gixxer please let me know if I can still place my order for the GB price!!!

Last edited by Perk10; 09-22-2014 at 12:17 AM.
Old 09-22-2014, 06:13 AM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Perk10

No PM...but you need to follow the thread - read post #85 - the GB discount code is there and its good until the end of the month.

Old 09-22-2014, 03:30 PM
GixxerGino is a splendid one to beholdGixxerGino is a splendid one to beholdGixxerGino is a splendid one to beholdGixxerGino is a splendid one to beholdGixxerGino is a splendid one to beholdGixxerGino is a splendid one to behold
Wink

Originally Posted by Perk10

Yeah your good bud.

Sorry I didn't PM everybody since I figured we were all subscribed to the thread. Plus I think we exceeded the 10 people. Like jhbrennan said in post #85 there is a code to enter upon checkout.

Old 09-22-2014, 09:56 PM
Perk10 has a reputation beyond reputePerk10 has a reputation beyond reputePerk10 has a reputation beyond reputePerk10 has a reputation beyond reputePerk10 has a reputation beyond reputePerk10 has a reputation beyond reputePerk10 has a reputation beyond reputePerk10 has a reputation beyond reputePerk10 has a reputation beyond reputePerk10 has a reputation beyond reputePerk10 has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah your good bud.

Sorry I didn't PM everybody since I figured we were all subscribed to the thread. Plus I think we exceeded the 10 people. Like jhbrennan said in post #85 there is a code to enter upon checkout.
It's okay I might not have seen the PM anyways I've just been slammed with work and away from the forum in general.. good to know the code is still active! Thanks Gixxer rep to you!

Old 09-23-2014, 09:50 AM
Rob_G is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by vbmnxvhn
I know a lot of the guys on here have been buying refurbished dectane taillights, but I found these and wanted to share the link in case someone was interested.
Déjà vu?

Old 09-23-2014, 11:26 AM
Administrator
GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Rob_G
Déjà vu?
Nope, just a spambot

Old 09-23-2014, 07:20 PM
GixxerGino is a splendid one to beholdGixxerGino is a splendid one to beholdGixxerGino is a splendid one to beholdGixxerGino is a splendid one to beholdGixxerGino is a splendid one to beholdGixxerGino is a splendid one to behold
Talking

Originally Posted by jhbrennan
Someone ought to ask Fishcakes for an explanation why the differences??

Per Fishcake: "All the lights have one set of FIXED resistors that are mounted on the light, and one set in the box that plug into the light harness. All the lights are EXACTLY the same, if you do not plug in the second of resistors on the light harness you will get a check left/right signal/brake light warning."

I know this is true because I text him *****in about everybody having different lights and my set giving me warning lights. After he responded to me, I looked in the box they came in and found the second set of resistors that I did not install... I felt like an ****!

Old 09-24-2014, 07:45 PM
Thumbs up

Ok, well if anybody wants to join me in purchasing some DRL lights. I am going to purchase some from fishcake.

This is NOT a group buy, just some of the fellow members going into a store together to buy some stuff.

Old 09-24-2014, 09:32 PM
Badrdog is infamous around these parts
I just ordered the front bumper lights (drl) from the awesome Fishcake. I couldn't wait and the retail cost was reasonable. Unique Style Racings is a class act business!

Old 09-24-2014, 09:38 PM
Wink

Originally Posted by Badrdog
I just ordered the front bumper lights (drl) from the awesome Fishcake. I couldn't wait and the retail cost was reasonable. Unique Style Racings is a class act business!

Uh

So 8 more people... LOL!

Old 09-24-2014, 11:02 PM
mattyf Is a GOD !mattyf Is a GOD !mattyf Is a GOD !mattyf Is a GOD !mattyf Is a GOD !mattyf Is a GOD !mattyf Is a GOD !mattyf Is a GOD !mattyf Is a GOD !mattyf Is a GOD !mattyf Is a GOD !
Uh

So 8 more people... LOL!

I'm in. Are we using the same code or is a new one coming?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Dectanes