Aston Martin DB7, DB9, DBS, Vantage V8, Vanquish, and Classic models

First set of mods for my new GT

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-21-2014, 11:48 AM
karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !
First set of mods for my new GT

I know the new car isn't here yet, but Q can't just sit idle until late September so the upgrade program has begun.

Here's a sneak peek at some of the things in store:

Old 08-21-2014, 11:59 AM
telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !

Old 08-21-2014, 12:04 PM
karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !karlfranz Is a GOD !
Yes. LOL. Didn't have a picture of that one. Thanx!

Old 08-21-2014, 12:11 PM
telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !telum01 Is a GOD !
Sure thing!

Looking forward to how your do your car this time around. You've got excellent taste and skill when it comes to modifying your cars, so I have no doubt your GT is going to look amazing!

Can you explain the seat controls?

Old 08-21-2014, 12:28 PM
Racer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud ofRacer_X has much to be proud of
Modding a car you don't even own yet. Hilarious! Looking forward to following your progress KF

Old 08-21-2014, 06:41 PM
Originally Posted by telum01

Can you explain the seat controls?
They are the seat controls from the new Vanquish and Rapide which a made in real metal and are both prettier and better made than the ones used in the Vantage. While they are physically the same size, they interface to the seat differently, so I will have to redesign the circuit in order to make them working the GT.

Old 08-21-2014, 06:42 PM
Originally Posted by Racer_X
Modding a car you don't even own yet. Hilarious! Looking forward to following your progress KF
I know. It's a disease. I need a specialized 12-step program.

Old 08-22-2014, 10:33 AM
RolexDaytona1 has a spectacular aura aboutRolexDaytona1 has a spectacular aura aboutRolexDaytona1 has a spectacular aura about
Ah the ever elusive 12 step program to end 'car crazy'... I always said that for anything that consumes this portion of personal income there should be such a program... But alas you can only help those who want help... And none of us here qualify.

Can't wait to see the GT!

Old 08-23-2014, 03:05 AM
goto35 is infamous around these partsgoto35 is infamous around these parts
I am so excited for you and am looking forward to your updates!

Old 08-23-2014, 03:40 AM
N91K is infamous around these parts
Great start, congrats and can't wait to see your car going through the mod process!

Old 08-27-2014, 12:33 PM
mdav11 is infamous around these parts
i really like the yellow door sill plates. Are those carbon with yellow vinyl on top or painted.

Old 08-27-2014, 12:43 PM
Carbon and yellow vinyl.

Old 08-29-2014, 10:28 PM
timwhayden is infamous around these parts
Karl,
I ordered my car last summer and went through the Q program and they said the upgraded seat controls could not be retrofitted to the V8V because it had different electrical connectors. But if anyone can figure out how to make it work it would be you. Please keep us posted because I would be very interested in doing it also if us mere mortals could manage it!

Old 08-30-2014, 05:17 AM
zvez is just really nicezvez is just really nicezvez is just really nicezvez is just really nice
should be able to source the connectors and change them out to make them compatible.

Originally Posted by timwhayden
Karl,
I ordered my car last summer and went through the Q program and they said the upgraded seat controls could not be retrofitted to the V8V because it had different electrical connectors. But if anyone can figure out how to make it work it would be you. Please keep us posted because I would be very interested in doing it also if us mere mortals could manage it!

Old 08-30-2014, 05:39 AM
It's not just because the connectors are different. The way the controls interface to the car is completely different. In layman's terms: the Vantage controls use an individual pair of wires for each seat function. On the Vanquish controls, all functions are encoded and combined onto a single pair of wires. This is an oversimplified explanation, but you get the picture. The thing is, in order to make it work, I have to make a new circuit board for the new controls to make them appear to the car as if they are the old ones. This would be a one-off process as I would not have any interest in going into the business of making custom seat controls.

So, in a nutshell, Q was oversimplifying their response to you, Tim, but they were accurate. By all intents, you cannot just put the newer controls on any Vantage. This is a shame because the black plastic ones look really out of place, especially on a $200k+ car.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: First set of mods for my new GT