Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Location (State):

BLACK Carrera S 997 Lobster Claw wheels with MPSC

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-10-2008, 10:59 AM
blakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond repute
BLACK Carrera S 997 Lobster Claw wheels with MPSC

Sorry that I didn't get them out, clean them up, and make them sparkle for you. It's cold and rainy and I have a little garage.

If you're interested, then I'll go out and show you how they clean up. I'm unaware of any curb rash at all. You can guestimate how much of the tires are left. 70% or so???

Tires are Michelin Pilot Sport Cups

305/30ZR19s in the rear
235/35ZR19s on the front

I'll take $1,800 for all of it. Let me know if you're interested. Thanks!

Last edited by blakt out; 12-10-2008 at 11:10 AM.
Old 12-10-2008, 12:39 PM
ATL
ATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond repute
GL with the sale Jared. Those are nice! I've never seen your car in virgin form before.

Old 12-10-2008, 12:49 PM
blakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond reputeblakt out has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks man. Yeah, I just stared at that picture for a while.

"How far we've come together..."

Old 12-17-2008, 07:36 AM
ATL
ATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond repute
FYI - I bought his other wheels that were for sale and they were in perfect condition!

Old 12-17-2008, 07:48 AM
Thanks buddy. I appreciate all the bumps!

Old 01-10-2009, 04:09 PM
DaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond repute
Are these tires any good for street use compared with the standard pilot sports? If they are, how many miles can I expect from them?

If I like the answers I'll *definitely* take these off your hands!!!

Old 01-10-2009, 04:12 PM
jenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant future
im sure ive seen the answer somewhere, but whats the differance b/w the ZR rating and a NO rating

Old 01-10-2009, 04:20 PM
Originally Posted by DaveHutchinson
Are these tires any good for street use compared with the standard pilot sports? If they are, how many miles can I expect from them?

If I like the answers I'll *definitely* take these off your hands!!!
Michelin Pilot Sport Cups come on GT3s from the factory, although they are a bit different for some reason. They are good on the street, except I wouldn't put them on a car I might drive in the rain a bunch. As far as mileage, I think they still have a good bit left in them. I really can't guess too well. I will try to get out to the garage and look at them better tomorrow. But I know that everything is in really good shape. I think I only tracked on these tires one time EVER. I drove from Asheville to CMP and back (around 7 hours on the interstate) plus 2 days at the track. That's it. So from there, you should be able to determine that they have a good bit of life left. A lot.

I hope you like the answers and take them off my hands!

Jared

Old 01-10-2009, 05:18 PM
DaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond reputeDaveHutchinson has a reputation beyond repute
How many miles did you do on the wheels? I have the silver ones on my silver car now and it looks like the previous owner did a little damage to my rear offside so I'd love to tidy that up. I have a new set of tires due in about 1k miles anyway so this seems like a better deal to me!

Old 01-10-2009, 05:42 PM
I had these on the car for 2k miles and then put 20s on the car. I sold the stock tires. Then, I started tracking the car and put MPSC on these wheels as my back ups for the track. As I said, only used them one event though.

I had shoulder surgery two days ago, but should be ok to get you some good pics tomorrow. I'll PM you my email address so you can remind me. Cool?

They are in great shape. I don't think there's any rash at all on them.

Old 01-10-2009, 06:30 PM
Originally Posted by blakt out
I had these on the car for 2k miles and then put 20s on the car. I sold the stock tires. Then, I started tracking the car and put MPSC on these wheels as my back ups for the track. As I said, only used them one event though.

I had shoulder surgery two days ago, but should be ok to get you some good pics tomorrow. I'll PM you my email address so you can remind me. Cool?

They are in great shape. I don't think there's any rash at all on them.

Thanks for your help again, can I just confirm that these were off a narrow body S? I live in Florida so i'll be doing a fair bit of driving in the rain, I don't see GT3's upside down all the time around here so I'm going to assume the tires are ok in the wet ?

Old 01-10-2009, 08:28 PM
You got it! These wheels definitely came off of my narrow body C2S.

As for wet driving, you can do some investigating at Tire Rack. These tires are incredible track day tires. You can search for them on here and see what everyone thinks. I also have sold some of these recently. You could probably get $800-$1000 for the tires alone if they ended up not working for you. Maybe more.

Old 01-11-2009, 02:46 PM
Dave,

I will try to go out now and look at the condition of each wheel and tire. I think you will be happy. They really haven't been on my car much at all.

Let me know what you want to do.

Jared

Old 01-11-2009, 02:55 PM
Dave,

I lied. I can't do that today. I am still couch-bound from my surgery. My wife will get so pissed if she sees that I've snuck out to the garage. PM me if you are still interested. If so, then I will make sure you get pics. I am confident that the condition of the wheels will only make you want them more. Again, I bought the car new but never used these wheels.

Jared

Old 01-12-2009, 07:14 AM
Originally Posted by blakt out
Dave,

I lied. I can't do that today. I am still couch-bound from my surgery. My wife will get so pissed if she sees that I've snuck out to the garage. PM me if you are still interested. If so, then I will make sure you get pics. I am confident that the condition of the wheels will only make you want them more. Again, I bought the car new but never used these wheels.

Jared
Don't trouble yourself on my account, you should rest up, you need your strength so you can continue the 997 mods On the subject of the wheels, my wife surprised me over the weekend and bought me a set of HRE P40's which were my dream wheels I hate to have got your hopes up and I hope you don't feel I've messed you around but obviously with the HRE's I will no longer require the lobsters. I'm very sorry and thank you *so* much for your help

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: BLACK Carrera S 997 Lobster Claw wheels with MPSC