Boxster / Cayman Porsche Boxster, Boxster S, and Cayman discussion board.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Riviera Blue 2013 Boxster S is here!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-09-2012, 01:04 PM
TurboDogue is just really niceTurboDogue is just really niceTurboDogue is just really niceTurboDogue is just really niceTurboDogue is just really nice
Riviera Blue 2013 Boxster S is here!!

Ok, I have now had this car for 2 weeks and put 700 miles on it, mostly on back country roads. I have to be honest, I test drove one of these before I ordered it, but having it for myself and really pushing the car out on back roads is a whole different deal. And I am so glad I waited and ordered this PTS Riv Blue. Pictures just cant do this paint justice. It just pops. These pics are in a very overcast light, but thought I would post until I take some better ones. Thanks to Alex at Sharkwerks on the color vetting, Mex Blue is is stunning, but Riv is for me.

About the car, well the car is so competent, confidence inspiring and just does everything so well its silly easy to drive fast. It is plenty fast stock with the PDK and while down on absolute power compared to my RS, if I had to only have one....well I would rather not have to think about that. This car handles amazingly and easily could corner with my RS anywhere except at the track really at the limit of either car (and that would require a driver of far greater skill than mine). I actually catch myself carrying more speed in corners comfortably than in the RS, and never worry about adding power,downshirting or whether if I add throttle, will I pick up some understeer. The mid engine thing is just hard to argue with.

Ordering a Tech ARt GT2 style spoiler in PTS match, puling the alphabet soup off and painting in black to match the wheels, putting the KI Studios 981 S side markers on next week in black with a red S to match my belts and calipers. Oh, and speaking of brakes, the brake feel and power is silly also. I love this car and I love the PDK. I think with a manual, this car would be equally fun, but not equally quick IMO. Not knocking the 911 or 911S, but I drove both of those on the track at an event and would choose the Box S over both with zero hesitation. I think it looks better, and I think its the best of both worlds, great appearance at a lower cost and more performance than I can use anywhere other than a DE. And I track the RS for that purpose. I cannot find fault with anything this car does so far.

Pics attached and will post more once I get the other mods done.

Attached Images     
Old 12-09-2012, 05:11 PM
Bux996tt is infamous around these partsBux996tt is infamous around these parts
That looks awesome!! I love the color and the fact that it's unique. Nicely done.

Old 12-09-2012, 05:46 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Dude... how's about you bring that baby over so we can pair it with the other riviera blue

That looks so good man. Wow!

Old 12-09-2012, 05:50 PM
evil panda is a splendid one to beholdevil panda is a splendid one to beholdevil panda is a splendid one to beholdevil panda is a splendid one to beholdevil panda is a splendid one to beholdevil panda is a splendid one to behold
that looks absolutely great

Old 12-09-2012, 05:59 PM
Mamba has a brilliant futureMamba has a brilliant futureMamba has a brilliant futureMamba has a brilliant futureMamba has a brilliant futureMamba has a brilliant futureMamba has a brilliant futureMamba has a brilliant futureMamba has a brilliant futureMamba has a brilliant futureMamba has a brilliant future
Beautiful car!!!!

Old 12-09-2012, 10:49 PM
tkracing is infamous around these parts
Kick **** color. Great car congrats!!

Old 12-10-2012, 05:46 AM
TurboDogue is just really niceTurboDogue is just really niceTurboDogue is just really niceTurboDogue is just really niceTurboDogue is just really nice
How about March?

Hey Sharky, am thinking if all goes we'll with work, I could drive her out for a nice trip and a few mods. Hopefully by then, there will be more performanec mods out and a flash available from Todd.

Love to take a few pics with Bluefin!

Originally Posted by sharkster
Dude... how's about you bring that baby over so we can pair it with the other riviera blue

That looks so good man. Wow!

Old 12-10-2012, 08:20 AM
Former Vendor
ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !
TuboDogue I am still in awe !! That is one beautiful car, enjoy and keep us posted on modifications

Old 12-10-2012, 08:58 AM
ALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant future
Looks unique and the black wheels make it. Does the mexico blue a little darker and have a little more blue in it?

Old 12-10-2012, 09:10 AM
Yes in Mex

Mex is darker with a little more blue in it and less pastel. The closet thing I have seen in an everyday item to Mexico blue is the new blue M&Ms. Actually really close IMO

Originally Posted by ALPINE6SPD
Looks unique and the black wheels make it. Does the mexico blue a little darker and have a little more blue in it?

Old 12-10-2012, 10:13 AM
Former Vendor
Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !Josh/AWE Is a GOD !
Hands down the best looking 981 I have seen thus far, congrats!

Old 12-10-2012, 10:26 AM
Fkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant futureFkim011 has a brilliant future
that color just makes me drool!

Old 12-10-2012, 12:58 PM
ALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant futureALPINE6SPD has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by TurboDogue
Mex is darker with a little more blue in it and less pastel. The closet thing I have seen in an everyday item to Mexico blue is the new blue M&Ms. Actually really close IMO
I thought so and your right about the M&M's LOL

Old 12-10-2012, 06:10 PM
Jay9722 is infamous around these parts
I always had a thing for signal green but I now think that has to be the BEST color! Gorgeous car.

Old 12-10-2012, 06:41 PM
StockKiller is infamous around these parts
Awesome car! Well done.. Enjoy it..
Having both a RS n cayman r I will say that. I wil always have a cayman or boxster ....For a 911 I draw the lines at the gt3 family..

Last edited by StockKiller; 12-10-2012 at 06:45 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Riviera Blue 2013 Boxster S is here!!