Cayenne 955/957 Porsche's SUV up to 2011. Cayenne, Cayenne S, and Cayenne Turbo message forum.

10" Sport Techno's on the F??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-16-2006, 03:24 PM
GoldenPEPPA is infamous around these parts
10" Sport Techno's on the F??

Just curious if 10" Sport Techno's could be run all around, this would allow use of a 295/40-20 to put a bit more sidewall on the road.

The 10" ST is 20 x 10, 60mm offset. That seems like quite a bit of offset for a front wheel... Clearance?

Old 10-16-2006, 04:52 PM
porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !porschespeeddemon Is a GOD !
If you are talking about trying to put 2 more rear wheels on the fronts, you will hit the calipers. The earlier sport technos were the same front and rear, but the laters had different offsets, for example if you were rotating them, the rears would hit the front calipers.

Old 10-16-2006, 07:37 PM
kooser is infamous around these parts
spacers?
I just ordered 20" Sport Technos - 9s all the way around for winter wheels. I was going to stagger them and have 10 in the rear but 1. little cheaper for the 9s, 2. more complete rotation ability.

I am not sure that I would be overthinking the perceived advantages of having more rubber sidewall on the road. Originally the ST's were only available in the 20x9 version anyhow. The countless speed and slalom tests conducted by Porsche and other Testing Agencies all were flying around on 20x9's with remarkable and predictable results.

Old 10-16-2006, 10:44 PM
GoldenPEPPA is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by kooser
spacers?
I just ordered 20" Sport Technos - 9s all the way around for winter wheels. I was going to stagger them and have 10 in the rear but 1. little cheaper for the 9s, 2. more complete rotation ability.

I am not sure that I would be overthinking the perceived advantages of having more rubber sidewall on the road. Originally the ST's were only available in the 20x9 version anyhow. The countless speed and slalom tests conducted by Porsche and other Testing Agencies all were flying around on 20x9's with remarkable and predictable results.
You? Winter wheels? Your CTT is so slick I don't think it COULD get stuck in the snow

Old 10-17-2006, 12:21 AM
kooser is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by GoldenPEPPA
You? Winter wheels? Your CTT is so slick I don't think it COULD get stuck in the snow
Thanks, but given the **** that hit Buffalo, I can totally see Chicago getting pretty treacherous this year too. You know, weather extremes from global warming...precisely the need for winter wheels and tires, totally legitimizing this recent expense!

Mods can be sick, but in my case more of a "sickness", addicting and I always seem to say "O.K., I'm done", then some other possible mod is brought to my attention, and suddenly I am in hot pursuit.

Old 08-03-2013, 03:39 PM
Sapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by porschespeeddemon
If you are talking about trying to put 2 more rear wheels on the fronts, you will hit the calipers. The earlier sport technos were the same front and rear, but the laters had different offsets, for example if you were rotating them, the rears would hit the front calipers.
I know this thread is really old, but I just ran into this problem. I bought a set of immaculate Sport Technos that turned out to all be 10"ers. When the shop went to put them on, the fronts hit the calipers on my 05 TT.

I need spacers for the fronts. My question is, how big do they need to be?

Old 08-08-2013, 05:27 PM
Sapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant futureSapster has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Sapster
I know this thread is really old, but I just ran into this problem. I bought a set of immaculate Sport Technos that turned out to all be 10"ers. When the shop went to put them on, the fronts hit the calipers on my 05 TT.

I need spacers for the fronts. My question is, how big do they need to be?
Update from my afternoon with Bob at Euro Performance in Garfield:

10mm spacers were too big and pushed the tire sidewall beyond the fender. 5 mms did not clear the calipers. 7mm were tight, but work.

The Sport Technos look so much better than the 18" Turbos.

Old 08-15-2013, 08:29 AM
spooltime is a jewel in the roughspooltime is a jewel in the roughspooltime is a jewel in the roughspooltime is a jewel in the rough
Initially this thread had me interested because I have a spare set of 10" Sport Technos for my CTTS sitting in the garage. The excitement ended quickly when I determined what size spacer would be required to clear the massive front calipers on the Turbo S.

I had picked up a bunch of 14mm flat washers to use with my wheel locating pins to do the test fitment. I used three locating pins and put the same number of washers on each pin until the wheel spokes were able to clear the caliper. Here's a front shot of the wheel bolted to the hub:

The 10" Sport Techno wheels simply will not work on the front of a CTTS, sticking out way too far:

Here's a shot showing the clearance between the caliper and the wheel spoke:

And here's the spacer thickness required if having your front wheels stick outside of the fender doesn't bother you:

Fun idea, simply a complete fail on a CTTS. 15mm.

Last edited by spooltime; 09-24-2018 at 01:01 PM.
Old 04-05-2021, 11:29 AM
Corvetteboy6988 is infamous around these parts
Sapster, please confirm, what part of the 20x10 sport technos hits the front calipers? Its the caliper that they hit correct, not the rotor?
I want to run 20x10' sport technos front and rear, so I can use 295/40R20's all around, but is seems based on your experience they wont work, which surprises me a bit.
I can maybe see how they dont work with a CTTS, and the bigger calipers/rotors.
My thinking is, the 20x10s are ET55, correct? So that means the spokes are more concave from the outside, than the 20x9's, so the spokes should curve away on the inboard side, away from the calipers.
I believe you, but something else must be different about the rear 20x10's vs the 20x9s, like are the spokes thinker?
maybe its just the 20x9s even though they have an ET60, which forces the caliper to sit further towards the face of the wheel, the spokes are just really curved on the 20x9's making room for the calipers, and the rear 20x10;s have a "straighter" spoke.