Detailing Paint, body, detailing and waxing.

Metropolitan Detail Porsche 911 Full Front Wrap and Detail

Old 05-27-2010, 11:04 AM
Former Vendor
detailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to behold
Metropolitan Detail Porsche 911 Full Front Wrap and Detail

One of my good clients brought me his newly acquired 911 last week. A beautiful example Carrera, with low miles. This car had not seen any real detail work for a long time. The leather was stiff, the paint was swirled up, and needed a nice Metropolitan Detail overhaul. Having owned several older 911's before, this car is very special to me, and I went a little overboard. I started by spending several hours in our prep bay cleaning and washing every nook and cranny on the car including all door jambs, engine compartment, wheels, wheel wells, and paintwork. For this I used SONAX Gloss Shampoo, SONAX Wheel Cleaner, Einszett Anti-Insekt, and Einszett Blitz-Reiniger All Purpose Degreaser. The wheels came off the car, and a variety of brushes were used to clean inside the wheel wells. Wheels were cleaned, clay barred, and sealed with Nanoskin Brake Dust.

After getting out of the prep bay, the paintwork was corrected and paint touch up on the front for preperation of clear mask. A full front protection package was installed, including full fenders, full hood, and bumper. All film was tucked wherever possible for a crystal clear installation.

After the clear mask was finished, I corrected the remainder of the paintwork, including a 3000 grit wetsand on the roof to remove some minor pitting in the clearcoat. Nanoskin Hydrophobic, and Shield spray on sealant were used for long term protection on both the paint and Venture Shield.

Interior was detailed using a variety of Envy detail brushes, Sonax Dashboard, and Auto Glym Interior Shampoo. Leather was given the royal two day Leatherique treatment, which not only brought back the color to life, but also softened the leather dramatically. Windows were cleaned and sealed with Nanoskin RAIN, and tires dressed with SONAX Tire Gloss Gel.

It was a fun and rewarding project. Please enjoy the pictures.

John

Attached Images      
Old 05-27-2010, 11:05 AM
Former Vendor
detailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to beholddetailjohn is a splendid one to behold
A few more pics, including installation of Venture Shield

Attached Images      
Old 05-27-2010, 11:06 AM
Former Vendor
A few more pics during clear mask installation

Attached Images     
Old 05-27-2010, 11:07 AM
Former Vendor
a few more pics.

Attached Images      
Old 05-27-2010, 11:09 AM
Former Vendor
A few more pics. including DrivePur coating entire interior and running through ventilation system.

Attached Images      
Old 05-27-2010, 11:10 AM
Former Vendor
A finished pics. Enjoy!

Attached Images      
Old 05-27-2010, 11:49 AM
dfwerdoc has much to be proud ofdfwerdoc has much to be proud ofdfwerdoc has much to be proud ofdfwerdoc has much to be proud ofdfwerdoc has much to be proud ofdfwerdoc has much to be proud ofdfwerdoc has much to be proud ofdfwerdoc has much to be proud ofdfwerdoc has much to be proud ofdfwerdoc has much to be proud of
john amazing stuff. pm with how much you charged for the entire detail. also is your customer wanting to sell their car? i looooooove that interior.

Old 05-27-2010, 12:35 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by dfwerdoc
john amazing stuff. pm with how much you charged for the entire detail. also is your customer wanting to sell their car? i looooooove that interior.
PM sent.

John

Old 05-27-2010, 12:44 PM
Jean Claude is on a distinguished road
Nice turn around John, it looks great.

Old 05-28-2010, 11:08 AM
w00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond repute
DFWERDOC: I spent a lot of time, money, energy and effort for this Carrera 3.2. I knew exactly what I wanted (a non-Euro Carrera 84 thru 86) with a 915 gearbox (unlike most people who prefer the smoother shifting and modern feel of the G-50), original Fuch's wheels, original paint, clean interior, no-mods (I was so particular that I did not even want cars with an aftermarket CD player), H4 headlights, immaculate service history and an engine/gearbox in pristine, original condition without any rebuild history. I must say this car has exceeded all my expectations. It truly is a gem and was acquired just two weeks ago by me from a longtime PCA member. Thank you for your praise.

John, the results of your work are truly awe-inspiring. It's your passion and perfectionism that fuels the awe-inspiring work that you do. Benjamin: Your attention to detail rivals that of a master plastic surgeon. As pristine as my car was, I must say this is a magical transformation.

Last edited by w00tPORSCHE; 05-28-2010 at 11:10 AM.
Old 05-28-2010, 01:22 PM
Former Vendor
THANKS AMAR, Its nice to have a happy customer. Not enough people appreciate the work and time it takes to do a quality job every time. We couldn't have done it if you didn't have just a GEM of a car to start with.

-Benjamin

Old 05-28-2010, 02:03 PM
w00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond reputew00tPORSCHE has a reputation beyond repute
You are welcome. You guys make a huge difference in my life. It's just not about installing films and detailing cars if you know what I mean.

Old 05-28-2010, 02:20 PM
Former Vendor
detailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond repute
looks great!

Old 05-28-2010, 06:22 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by detailersdomain
looks great!
Thanks Phil.

Old 05-29-2010, 10:22 AM
Premium Sponsor
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
Great job guys! Your car looks awesome Amar. You should plan a road trip here to SoCal.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Metropolitan Detail Porsche 911 Full Front Wrap and Detail