Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

GMG WINS @ NJ and Secures Manufactures for PORSCHE!!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-27-2008, 08:47 PM
Former Vendor
Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !
GMG WINS @ NJ and Secures Manufactures for PORSCHE!!!!

Jim Bourn Photo
MILLEVILLE, N.J. (September 27, 2008) - It took James Sofronas 99 attempts, but he finally captured his first-career SCCA Pro Racing SPEED World Challenge win, leading every lap of Saturday's SCCA SPEED GT Championship Round Nine race at New Jersey Motorsports Park's Thunderbolt Raceway. Brandon Davis, of Huntington Beach, Calif., and Andy Pilgrim, of Boca Raton, Fla., completed the podium.

With the win, Porsche clinched the SCCA SPEED GT Manufacturers' Championship Presented by RACER Magazine with one race remaining, Friday, Oct. 3 at Road Atlanta.

Sofronas, of Newport Beach, Calif., started second in his No. 14 Global Motorsports Group Porsche 911 GT3 but edged polesitter Davis' No. 10 ACS/Sun Microsystems Ford Mustang to Turn One to take his first-ever lead in an SCCA SPEED GT race.

"I almost blew it," Sofronas said of his start. "I had a great launch and the car just shot out. I thought that I hit the rev limiter, but I didn't and I shifted early, so I had a shock and then I took off and started to move over and looked in my mirrors and I thought I had [Brandon] by a couple feet. I figured I needed to get ahead of him or it would be really tough to pass him, so I knew the start would be huge."

For the first dozen laps, Sofronas did his best to keep Davis at bay with 10th-starting Eric Curran charging through the field in his No. 30 Whelen Engineering Chevrolet Corvette and joining the lead fight by lap seven. On lap eight, Curran slowed and pitted for a new alternator, costing him 10 laps.

On lap 11, the leaders caught the lapped Mitsubishi of rookie Vesko Kozarov, who was far behind the pack owing to a stop-and-go penalty for movement prior to the start. While Sofronas was able to get through cleanly, Davis had to follow for several corners, allowing the Porsche to pull out a 3.5-second advantage.

Complete story

http://theracesite.com/index.cfm?tem...e&mag_id=16032

Old 09-27-2008, 09:57 PM
OldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond reputeOldGuy has a reputation beyond repute
Great job GMG!!! We knew it was coming just a matter of when!!
Way to go James and Fabryce!

Old 09-28-2008, 06:05 AM
930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future930man has a brilliant future
congrads Guys !!!!!!!! you must be very proud of yourselves!!!!!!

Old 09-28-2008, 08:54 AM
NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !NorthVan Is a GOD !
Nice job Guys!

Old 09-28-2008, 09:00 AM
gomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant futuregomez has a brilliant future
CONGRATS!!!!!! Both you guys and everyone at GMG deserve it! Great job!

Old 09-28-2008, 06:14 PM
G997 is infamous around these parts
Who cares.....

Old 09-28-2008, 06:32 PM
MiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant futureMiniDHinkle has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by G997
Who cares.....
Not you.

Old 09-28-2008, 08:56 PM
analogmike is a glorious beacon of lightanalogmike is a glorious beacon of lightanalogmike is a glorious beacon of lightanalogmike is a glorious beacon of lightanalogmike is a glorious beacon of lightanalogmike is a glorious beacon of light
Great job, congrats!!

Old 09-29-2008, 02:08 AM
drfritzi is infamous around these parts
Fantastic work and congrats to you, the team, and Porsche! Well done guys!

Old 09-29-2008, 08:12 AM
ztnedman1 is a splendid one to beholdztnedman1 is a splendid one to beholdztnedman1 is a splendid one to beholdztnedman1 is a splendid one to beholdztnedman1 is a splendid one to beholdztnedman1 is a splendid one to beholdztnedman1 is a splendid one to behold
Awesome job guys, congrats.

Its always good to see hard work and dedication from the underdog pay off.

Old 09-29-2008, 08:35 AM
Bellefonte is infamous around these parts
Great job!!

Old 09-29-2008, 11:10 AM
chardonet is infamous around these partschardonet is infamous around these parts
Fabryce and James:

Congratulations on the well deserved win! Keep it up guys.

Old 09-29-2008, 12:18 PM
Former Vendor
Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !
Thanks guys!!

The support is always appreciated... It was nice to see some of our east coast 6 speed friends....

Next race is this Friday @ Road Atlanta (Petite LeMans)as always you are always welcome to stop by and say Hi..... Our race is Friday..

Old 09-30-2008, 09:54 AM
SuncoastSteve is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastSteve is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastSteve is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastSteve is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastSteve is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastSteve is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastSteve is a splendid one to behold
Congrats Fabryce, that is awesome! We'll be in ATL this weekend, maybe we'll bump into each other.

Old 09-30-2008, 05:42 PM
homemade 911 is infamous around these parts
I'm just now catching up with this...

PML salutes the entire GMG Team for their victory in New Jersey!

Congratulations boys...you all had it coming!

Cheers
Thom Kuby
Publisher/CEO
PML - The Market letter for Porsche Automobiles
thom@pmletter.com

ps - I need to check in more often...