Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Breaking SEMA News - New Brembo GT-R Brake Kits from Italy

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-30-2009, 06:41 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Breaking SEMA News - New Brembo GT-R Brake Kits from Italy

We have found a leak and Brembo is debuting these new GT-R racing brake kits at the 2009 SEMA show in Las Vegas. Oh, that starts next week Muhahahahah. These high-end GT-Rracing brake applications available for cars like Porsche, Ferrari, BMW, and others looking for the ULTIMATE in braking. These are never before seen pictures outside of Italy. The nickle plating is inspired by what F1 race teams use and the calipers are 10% lighter then the current Monobloc calipers on the market. They are much stiffer, provide better modulation, and improved response over the older design. Having personally owned a set of 6piston Monoblocks on my Porsche 996TT, that is a good chunk of weight! These calipers feature vented piston inserts and are more thermo-mechanical resistance.

Brembo GT-R brakes used to be race calipers only that came from ALMS, Grand AM, World Rally, BTTC, JGTC,etc and made into full custom racing systems only. These required the same care and maintenance that a pro level team would use shunning most enthusiasts from equipping their cars with the GT-R kits. Even very experienced track day and amateur level racers were not equipped to monitor caliper temps and operating temps to provide the proper care and keep these systems properly tuned. The NEW line of GT-R calipers were designed to provide every level of performance as these top level race calipers, but with superior plating for aesthetic longevity and corrosion resistance's, and incorporate a twin seal design that eliminates the need for the additional maintenance of rebuilding. A simple set of caliper temp stickers, (also available through Vivid Racing) is all you need to ensure you are running within optimal operating temperatures during the most aggressive track outings. Thus Brembo has released a GT-R kit that is street friendly and ready for the serious racer.

Brembo will be delivering these to the USA starting January 1 and preorders are available with deposits. You can view all our current Brembo Brake Applications Here.

Inside source taking pictures of them installed on a BMW M5.

Old 10-30-2009, 08:25 PM
ThisFlyGuy is a jewel in the roughThisFlyGuy is a jewel in the roughThisFlyGuy is a jewel in the roughThisFlyGuy is a jewel in the rough
wow looks incredible. whats pricing like compared to the standard monoblocks?

Old 10-31-2009, 03:30 PM
JEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond reputeJEllis has a reputation beyond repute
I want

Old 10-31-2009, 04:00 PM
drqiman is infamous around these parts
GMG is offering a new brake system: StopTech STR60 /World Challenge BBK kits for the 997.1 GT3/RS. I wonder how the new Brembo GTR system compares in terms of performance, durability, weight savings over stock system and price? Anyone care to comment?

Old 11-01-2009, 05:59 AM
Harold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by drqiman@mac.com
GMG is offering a new brake system: StopTech STR60 /World Challenge BBK kits for the 997.1 GT3/RS. I wonder how the new Brembo GTR system compares in terms of performance, durability, weight savings over stock system and price? Anyone care to comment?
Very interested to hear this too as the one area that I am looking to modify on my RS is the brakes....

Old 11-01-2009, 07:54 PM
Banned
BRracing is infamous around these parts
Then, you should have seen the brakes on the grid of the ALMS race and the Speed GT race a couple of weeks ago at Laguna (the Cup race has to run OEM calipers, otherwise they would have been different as well), and this wasn't just on the RSRs. Equal numbers running StopTech vs Brembo, and only a couple running systems outside these two manufacturers (the BMW M3 GT2 running a different mfgr).
All of these systems are amazing systems when you get to this level. They can all take great amounts of abuse or heat, offer amazing pedal modulation and feel.
We will have a post later this week on the installation of the new StopTech system (race level) for our 2010 GT3, that is equivalent to the new Brembo system, but has also gone a couple steps farther.....details later this week.

Old 11-01-2009, 10:14 PM
TripleM is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Harold
Very interested to hear this too as the one area that I am looking to modify on my RS is the brakes....
yeah will look good on ur car mate since u dont hv the PCCB

Kodok

Old 11-01-2009, 11:56 PM
Harold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud ofHarold has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by TripleM
yeah will look good on ur car mate since u dont hv the PCCB

Kodok
Yeah mate... will be really keen to get my brakes upgraded then the clear weak link will be my lack of driving skill. Also, have not heard all good about the PCCBs so really waiting to see what the best brake set up is for my car before spending the hard earned dollars to replace the stock big reds... meantime will just bleed and replace the fluid before Monday's session.

Hey, love your avatar! Who took it?

Old 11-02-2009, 04:24 PM
xlr8ion is just really nicexlr8ion is just really nicexlr8ion is just really nicexlr8ion is just really nicexlr8ion is just really nice
You seem to be a real dick.

Old 11-02-2009, 04:29 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
I guess we opened up quite a discussion here. If anyone has questions pertaining to this new release or other Brembo products, feel free and call me

Old 11-02-2009, 05:20 PM
Former Vendor
Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by GTDeux
Like I said, I will believe in StopTech when they can supply at the highest level of the sport. That is Formula One, period.

Technology trickles down, not up!

I believe the Flying Lizards use Brembo, aren't they arguably the best Porsche team in ALMS GT2? And the only Porsche team in ALMS GT2 to compete at Le Mans? How many victorious enduro race teams use Stoptech at Le Mans, Sebring, or the VLN race at Nurburgring?

Unlike Brembo, Stoptech does not even offer Ceramic/Carbon composites, nor do they have any OEM contracts. They are still a small company in Torrance, and their R&D resources are a joke compared to Brembo. On the other hand, Brembo even makes wheel carriers for Porsche! When Porsche had a problem with PCCB Gen.1 rotors and had to move from SGL Carbon, who did they choose? Brembo.

You and I both know that the Brembo race system is superior. The caliper is literally light enough to lift with 2 fingers and has 8 (not 6) pistons along with titanium piston inserts, unlike the Stoptech STR. The only reason to choose Stoptech is is because it's cheaper!

By the way, does Stoptech still outsource manufacturing to Taiwan?

Perhaps I should call my friends at Race Technologies and have them chime in.

Kind Sir,

Thanks for your input , however your information is a bit flawed.. While I am certainly NO racing brake engineer you are misleading forum members and not posting all the facts..

There is no doubt that Brembo is a great company, In fact we have had a long term working relationship with them for over 15 years and we know the guys at RT just as well as anyone else does. They have supported our racing and street cars for years and continue to do so. They are less than a mile away from our shop and are great people and have a very talented staff on hand who we are personal friends with.

Unless you can provide facts that one brake is superior to another and back it up with data your post is simply a statement of opinion.. No doubt we are entitled to post our opinions as this is a public forum but for everyone's sake lets keep it to facts and not biased opinions. Maybe you had a bad experience with StopTech for some reason I don't know.

Like I said, I will believe in StopTech when they can supply at the highest level of the sport. That is Formula One, period.
Correct me if I am wrong but I think Ferrari and many other teams who have been using Brembo have switched to Carbon Industries due to performance and reliability issues. Does that make a Brembo a bad product? NO.. it wouldn't be fair to say so now would it.

Unlike Brembo, Stoptech does not even offer Ceramic/Carbon composites, nor do they have any OEM contracts. They are still a small company in Torrance, and their R&D resources are a joke compared to Brembo. On the other hand, Brembo even makes wheel carriers for Porsche! When Porsche had a problem with PCCB Gen.1 rotors and had to move from SGL Carbon, who did they choose? Brembo.

Not exactly true Stoptech is in the process of developing a carbon/ceramic rotor package which we have been involved in testing and is due out sometime in 2010. Its actually very impressive and the testing we have been part of has shown that the application outperforms current offerings on the market.
I wouldn't exactly call Stoptech R&D resources a joke because they are actually pretty impressive for the size of the company that they are and lets understand that by no means do they claim to be a Brembo. They are still a young company but the resources and technologies they have and are using are very impressive. In addition to they have on staff many engineers who have worked for some of the top brake manufactures in the world.
While they may not be on Porsche as OE they are on the Viper and other cars.
Yes Brembo does manufacture the wheel carriers for Porsche, but there is so much more to OE contracts of who supplies what parts than you are including in the post. Why a manufacture goes with one supplier versus is a little more complicated than most people realize.

ou and I both know that the Brembo race system is superior. The caliper is literally light enough to lift with 2 fingers and has 8 (not 6) pistons along with titanium piston inserts, unlike the Stoptech STR. The only reason to choose Stoptech is is because it's cheaper!

There is NO data to back this up and on the contrary to your post we have tested the two systems back to back and the performance of the Stoptech STR package which was developed on our cup cars is identical to the Brembo LeMans race brakes. Which are not even available to the public for road cars.
There was NO difference in braking performance when tested on the cars.
The cars which we tested on were the X -KPAX - Championship cars from 08.
To further point out the Stoptech STR Race caliper is equally as light and the caliper itself offers titanium inserts just like Brembo but unlike Brembo you have an opportunity to have the same race caliper with the dust boot installed for street use. A very nice quality especially if you don't plan on having to rebuild the calipers often. And to further the fact that just because brembo uses a 8 piston caliper versus a 6 piston does not make it better especially when the engineering data shows that the performance of both is equal.

By the way, does Stoptech still outsource manufacturing to Taiwan?

Are you aware that Brembo outsources manufacturing all over the world and not all parts are made in Italy? So does that make Brembo an inferior product? It shouldn't and it certainly doesn't make Stoptech one either.

This post is not to say Brembo is better than Stoptech or Stoptech is better than Brembo. The fact remains that Stoptech has developed a product that is equal to what Brembo offers in performance.
They may not be at F1 yet they are surely working to develop and grow what they offer to enthusiasts, race teams and manufactures. Who knows what the future holds in store for them. Rest assured the resources and technologies will be applied.

And while winning the 2009 Manufactures Speed GT Championship with Porsche and GMG may not have been as monumental as a F1 title it sure isn't bad thing to add to your resume.

Its your choice as the consumer to decide what you want on your car.
Some of your decisions will be based on brand name, quality, performance and cost.

As a company we support both StopTech and Brembo and offer their products to our clients for both street and race cars. It depends on what your use is and its our job to advise customers of what works best for them.

Just trying to be as unbiased as I can as I happen to work with both companies and have great relationships with them.

Old 11-02-2009, 05:27 PM
Former Vendor
Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !Fabryce@GMGRacing Is a GOD !
One more thing, how do you figure Stoptech STR calipers with its painted surface can compare to the heat tolerance and dissipation qualities of NICKEL PLATING? That comes straight from F1 and handguns, sir.

Do some research before you post PLEASE!

The Stoptech STR Caliper offers a heat treatment coating similar to what Brembo uses but equal in performance.

And last I checked Brembo uses paint on there standard calipers just like Stoptech..

Thanks kind sir..

Old 11-02-2009, 06:53 PM
Former Vendor
Do you not see the picture in the OP? That's nickel plating sir. Not heat treated paint!

Never did I say that it was Nickel,If you would read my post and not get all bent out of shape you would see that.. Its clear you have choice of brakes and that fine.

You have your opinion and that's perfectly fine. But dont come on a forum and simply bash someones product because you feel powerful behind a key board. Base your posts on facts and nothing more this way we ALL benefit from your input.

Here are the Stoptech STR calipers that are as you say painted........Never did I state that they were painted......... You might want to re-read what I wrote originally.

Have a wonderful evening..

Last edited by Fabryce@GMGRacing; 11-02-2009 at 06:57 PM.
Old 11-02-2009, 07:02 PM
Monaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond reputeMonaco has a reputation beyond repute
Fabryce, you are the man! GTDeux, stop being a dick.

Old 11-02-2009, 07:46 PM
Former Vendor
Who's getting bent out of shape? I have no horse in this race, unlike you, who has to sell this stuff for a living.

Because I feel powerful behind a keyboard?

Maybe you should disclose what your profit margin is on Stoptech versus Brembo and admit that you started pushing Stoptech for reasons that are not just about the products they offer. No one will look down upon GMG for that, it's part of the business, but to put Stoptech and Brembo at an equal level, I don't think people will buy it.

It's transparent to those in the know that you switched from being a huge Brembo supporter to Stoptech because of some sponsorship or subsidy deal that you made with Stoptech.

Like I said, I have no horse in this race, I just call it like I see it.

Wowo.. Down boy you sure know a lot about our business and discounts are you sure you aren't on Brembo's/RT's payroll LOLOL

Perhaps you should disclose who you are and not post under an alyias

If you knew so much you would realize that since we sell about the same in sales volume when it comes to Brembo and Stoptech our margins are almost the same on both..

Furthermore I did not come on this forum and try to SLAM Brembo it was never my intention. I simply posted based on facts and your posts are based on biased opinion.

So if anyone has motive I would say its you and not me.. Remember I sell and distribute both products or did you not realize that?

I post on this forum to educate the members and not post biased opinions without facts...... Perhaps its something you might try.

Ultimately you are the consumer and you have the final choice and its obvious you prefer one over the other..

Just out of curiosity what GT3 do you have 997.1 or 997.2?

Have a wonderful evening and the rest of your week

Cheers.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Breaking SEMA News - New Brembo GT-R Brake Kits from Italy