Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

997.2 GT3 Running Agency Power Roll Bar

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-18-2011, 09:58 AM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
997.2 GT3 Running Agency Power Roll Bar

Just got forwarded these pics of a customers 997.2 GT3 running our roll bar. We powdercoated it in white to match his body color. The Agency Power roll bar is a complete BOLT IN with removable harness and diagonal bar. It is designed for EASY install and allowing access of the rear for whatever you may need. We also sell the Porsche GT3 Schroth harnesses and hardware to go with it. Enjoy!

AP Roll Bar info - http://www.vividracing.com/catalog/a...o-p-74008.html

Schroth Harness - http://www.vividracing.com/catalog/h...96_Turbo_|_GT2

We have done these in the GT2 as well. Here is a pic of it in black installed and red installed.

Old 01-18-2011, 10:32 AM
rp714 is infamous around these parts
From what I understand a bolt in roll bar is not for racing but track days. To get a SCCA compliant roll bar it has to be through bolted or welded to the car. Mounting to the seat belt points is just giving you a harness bar. Please correct me if I'm wrong, it would be a shame to spend a bunch of money and not even be able to club race. It sure looks good!

RP714

Old 01-18-2011, 10:35 AM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Our roll bar uses the same bolt in points as the Porsche Tequipment bar and other sponsors offer. This roll bar has passed both SCCA and NASA inspections. This is a great product for weekend racers. If you are doing full competition racing, they have rules/requirements for safety and at the same time, this car would never be driven on the track.

Old 01-18-2011, 10:36 AM
Former Vendor
BTW here is a "harness bar" made by Sparco. Much different then an actual Roll Bar. This was in my old 996 back in the day.

Old 01-18-2011, 12:44 PM
I was planning to purchase an Agency Power Bar till one of the salesmen told me they will not met club racing rules. I did some reasearch on my own as I was told right here by Vividracing that it would in fact meet the specs.

This is from the PCA Club Racing Rule Book Appendix A

Roll Bars: All provisions under "Roll Cage and Roll Bars" apply. Note that roll bars without terminal mounting plates braced on the frame are not acceptable. The top main hoop must be at least 2" above the drivers helmet when the driver is seated in the normal driving position. Porsche Tequipment bars and factory roll bars in Boxters are not sufficient to meet these rules.
I do not want to be disrespectful as you are a sponsor but you are giving misleading information in regards to the Agency Power Roll Bar. Everyone please do your research and decide where your driving path will lead you. For Tack Days and DE's this is a great Harness Bar, for Club Racing you'll be working the grid. I almost found out the hard way.
RP714

Old 01-18-2011, 12:52 PM
Former Vendor
For ANY questions you need to contact me as I specialize in Porsche. My sales guys are general knowledge. The bar DOES pass SCCA, NASA, and PCA DE events no problem.

Old 01-18-2011, 12:58 PM
Former Vendor
...and by the way, if you have ever purchased a bolt in roll bar from other sponsors here except their new X brace design, it is the same. The company that makes them for us, makes them for those guys. These do pass no problem. Unless you can get a verified official to say they dont pass, we do appreciate your opinion.

Old 01-18-2011, 01:08 PM
I agree but DE's are not Racing.

Please read the quote! You will not get through tech at a SCCA, NASA or an HSR racing event let alone club events with out the proper saftey equipment and the Agency Power Bar falls short. It is what it is. You need to keep in mind High Performance Driving is not Racing. Please admit your knowledge also falls short when regarding racing rules and compliant safty equipment. I am bowing out of this thread as you are a self proclaimed expert and I'm just educated on the facts.
RP714

Old 01-18-2011, 01:11 PM
Former Vendor
hmmmm weird, I have had the Roll Bar pass inspections by NASA officials for TT, SCCA customers, Texas Mile, and more. If you are racing, that means you have a rig, slicks, no interior, full multipoint roll cage not roll bar, fire supression system, and more. None of that is advertised with our product.

Old 01-18-2011, 01:48 PM
OK, could I put the Agency Power Bar in my GT3 and run it in the Enduro at the 48 hours of Sebring? Please be honest!

Old 01-18-2011, 01:50 PM
Former Vendor
Would need to know the sanctioning body of the event and then would have to look up the rules of YOUR class.

Old 01-18-2011, 01:57 PM
You really know how to do a soft shue dance around the question. Could you send my the SCCA certificate of compliance for the bar and the tube diamater and wall thickness.
Thanks

Last edited by rp714; 01-18-2011 at 02:00 PM.
Old 01-18-2011, 02:11 PM
Former Vendor
no dancing here, you can call me direct for questions. here is some info I found on a thread. Ours is not a ROLL cage but a Roll Bar. So here are some specs to follow -

3) Fabrication:
The main hoop shall be one continous lenght of tubing with smooth continuous bends with no efidence of crimping or wall failure. The minimum radius for all bends shall be 3-times the tube diameter measured from the tube centerline. Whenever possible the roll hoops shall start from the floor of the vehicle. (Take note of "Mounting plates" below). For a Porsche 911 of between 1500 and 2500 lbs, the material shall be 1.50 x .095 mild steel or 1.375 x .095 Alloy steel. If the car weighs more then 2500 lbs, the material shall be 1.5 x .120, 1.625 x .120 or 1.75 x .095 mild steel or 1.5 x .095 Alloy steel. The steel shall be seamless or DOM mild steel tubing (SAE 1010, 1020, 1025) or equuivalent or ally steel tubing (SAE 4130). (Using the right materials is key! I once say a roll-hoop from an early '70's McLaren CanAm car. It was comparable to the tubing used on an average home vacuum cleaner!)

4) Bracing: All required bracing shall be the same diameter and wall thickness as the main hoops. All main hoops shall incorporate a diagonal brace (same diameter and thickness as the main hoop) to prevent lateral distortion of the main hoop.

a) Main hoop bracing: Main hoops shall have 2 braces extending to the rear attaching to the frame or chassis (Often the rear shock mounts). Braces shall be attached as near as possible to the top of the main hooop (not more then 6 inches below the top) and at an included angle of at least 30 degrees.

b) Removable Bracing: Removable bracing shall incorporate connectors of the double lug, tapered or muff type. The double-lug type shall include a doubler, gusset or capping arrangment so as to avoid distortion or excessive strain caused by welding. (Keep in mind Carroll Smith's point about never ever mounting a bolt in single sheer. There should always be plates on both sides which the bolt passes through so that all bolts are always in double sheer.)

Our competition includes GMG, RSS, and Autopower. GMG who makes a great product, had a similar design to what we have now. They now have a more full blown cage for their GT3 cars but the front mounts are the same with the lower belts mounts. You can see the options and the ratings of their cage here - http://www.gmgracing.com/porsche_interior.shtml. RSS who makes a cage the same as GMG new style, also uses the same lower mounting points. Both of their cages have rear shock tower mounts - http://www.rss.rpmware.com/rss/rss_4.../i-402509.aspx. Both of these companies had similar mounting points that we have now but have evolved their cages to a more race only clientel where ours are weekend drivers. Like I have said, I have personally passed NASA tech inspections with my cage. The tube diameter, welds, bends, etc meet the requirements. We modeled our cage off of the Autopower cage I used in my 996TT for convenience. The difference with Autopower is they require drilling through the chassis and bolting it which makes installation nervous for your do it yourself customer. All Autopower cages meet standardized rules required - http://www.vividracing.com/catalog/a...5-p-31158.html ("Each AutoPower cage is made with DOM Tubing to meet SCCA and NASA racing association rules.")

At the end of the day, would need again to know your exact class you are running in to give you the correct information.

Old 01-18-2011, 02:48 PM
KoalaSlim is a splendid one to beholdKoalaSlim is a splendid one to beholdKoalaSlim is a splendid one to beholdKoalaSlim is a splendid one to beholdKoalaSlim is a splendid one to beholdKoalaSlim is a splendid one to beholdKoalaSlim is a splendid one to behold
And the dance continues...

Old 01-18-2011, 02:50 PM
No I'm done!!! He's right just ask him.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 997.2 GT3 Running Agency Power Roll Bar