Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

My 997 GT3 RS Europipe Race Exhaust Review

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-21-2011, 03:53 AM
EA67 is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by JTquint
Looks great...! I always thought that removing the mufflers would considerably lower the backpressure and actually decrease the power and torque numbers...?
removing the mufflers will definitely lower your back pressure and decrease your HP and TQ but if you have master minds like Europipe you will not! Europipe created something that retained the same diameter as the stock exhaust piping which lead to no loss of back pressure nor did it lose HP and TQ .. it gained more power when its on a dyno here is a graph of some member which tested stock vs Europipe Track Exhaust same day just right after install (GT3 2010)

Old 10-21-2011, 07:26 AM
prodigue is infamous around these parts
I'm on the sharkwerks bypass.. worth it to swap to this? From the europipe website the track exhaust goes for $660.. sport exhaust is $1750.. wonder what's the difference

Old 10-21-2011, 10:19 AM
If your interested in something loud and have an amazing blipping sound go for the Europipe Track exhaust. My friend own a Sharkwerks bypass it is nothing compared to the Europipe no offence to Sharkwerks i love their products but comparing both the Sharkwerks is not that loud if your after sound.

bottom line i can break them down to:

Europipe:

1- attracts attention
2- loud
3- amazing blips
4- cup car derived sound
5- a little bit of drone is noticable at a certain rpm around 3800 but you wont be down their in a GT3 RS

Sharkwerks:

1- beautiful note
2- quite inside the cabin
3- very civilized sound
4- good for DD for some people .. (to me i like it loud )
5- retains the sport button which allows you to control the valves

hope this helps

Old 10-21-2011, 11:59 AM
NelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to behold
Actually, the baseline on this dyno was a Sharky bypass(essentially puts out the same power as stock) and not OEM-know the owner. I have not seen any full system-incl. custom header and high-flow cats with better results(much less any cat-back system). Realize that it's a NA engine so not much improvement to be had outside of displacement increase. Still, I've heard from engine builders and others in motorsports that the GT3 header is pretty efficient as is. Cups require a muffler and therefore use a single high-flow muffler or with presilencer in some classes. However, note that the Supercup cars use a design very similar to EP. The EP unit has uniquely managed to maintain very good flow characteristics by maintaining proper pipe diameter. Can't argue with the overall results. Brash and loud? Yes, but can be modulated if careful-I definitely like mine-turned my road runner into a Tazmanian devil.

Last edited by NelsonF; 10-22-2011 at 01:15 AM.
Old 10-22-2011, 07:51 PM
I've spoken to Stef from Europipe and he said there is drone for this exhaust. A deal breaker for me would be if the drone is the type that would drive you crazy when you're driving at cruising speeds.

I'm sitting on the fence with this as I'm on sharkwerks now and it doesn't drone but it's also quieter.

Help!

Old 10-23-2011, 04:53 AM
Originally Posted by prodigue
I've spoken to Stef from Europipe and he said there is drone for this exhaust. A deal breaker for me would be if the drone is the type that would drive you crazy when you're driving at cruising speeds.

I'm sitting on the fence with this as I'm on sharkwerks now and it doesn't drone but it's also quieter.

Help!
The drone is barely noticeable its around 3,800 - 4,000 here is an interior vid cruising not full throttle my hands are at the 4 and 7 so you guys can see the speed + RPM .. Hope this helps sort it out, if not let me know what you are up to and i might shoot a vid for that

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmGKCJdHDEc

Old 10-23-2011, 04:55 AM
Originally Posted by NelsonF
Actually, the baseline on this dyno was a Sharky bypass(essentially puts out the same power as stock) and not OEM-know the owner. I have not seen any full system-incl. custom header and high-flow cats with better results(much less any cat-back system). Realize that it's a NA engine so not much improvement to be had outside of displacement increase. Still, I've heard from engine builders and others in motorsports that the GT3 header is pretty efficient as is. Cups require a muffler and therefore use a single high-flow muffler or with presilencer in some classes. However, note that the Supercup cars use a design very similar to EP. The EP unit has uniquely managed to maintain very good flow characteristics by maintaining proper pipe diameter. Can't argue with the overall results. Brash and loud? Yes, but can be modulated if careful-I definitely like mine-turned my road runner into a Tazmanian devil.
Nelson what exhaust are you running on the 11 GT3 RS? i am really interested in that tazmanian devl of yours

Old 10-23-2011, 07:52 AM
NelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to beholdNelsonF is a splendid one to behold
Ep

I'm running the same EP Track Pipe as you. Sorry for any confusion. It actually sounds just like your vids even with my 3.8. Regarding drone, I personally don't think it's bad at all but think that for some, it simply might be too loud(most noticable under load). In certain U.S. Street situations you'll definitely want to modulate it in order to not attract the wrong type of attention and some will not want to put up with that. For me it makes the car more fun to drive and I am in fact driving it more than ever because I love to hear that exhaust rip like an angry Tasmanian devil. Its not my DD but its been getting more driving time than my other cars...i must be crazy It really duplicates the Motorsports Supercup sound.

Last edited by NelsonF; 10-29-2011 at 02:27 AM.
Old 10-23-2011, 02:04 PM
Originally Posted by NelsonF
I'm running the same EP Track Pipe as you. Sorry for any confusion. It actually sounds just like your vids even with my 3.8. Regarding drone, I personally don't think it's bad at all but think that for some, it simply might be too loud. In certain U.S. Street situations you'll definitely want to modulate it in order to not attract the wrong type of attention and some will not want to put up with that. For me it makes the car more fun to drive and I am in fact fact driving it more than ever because I love to hear that exhaust rip like and angry Tasmanian devil. Its not my DD but its been getting more driving time tham my other cars...i must be crazy It really duplicates the Motorsports Supercup sound.
I agree with every single statement you just said specially the DD part im having a hard time not driving it every day just to hear my favourite music from Europipe

Old 10-24-2011, 08:30 AM
Former Vendor
stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !stef@europipe Is a GOD !
The Supercup exhausts have 3inch (76.2mm) pipes so they are louder than our 2 1/2 inch (63.5mm) track pipes.

The cross section of these 76.2mm pipes is 45% larger than the 63.5mm pipes (stock exhausts are 63.5mm) so the air speed inside the big pipes is 45% slower as well and that has a negative impact on the scavenging effect., hence the massive torque loss with these big 76.2mm exhausts.

Old 10-25-2011, 08:43 PM
EA67.. do you think it's possible you can do a vid of flyby with the car WOT going past the camera? And also an interior vid of you cruising in 6th?

I will be very grateful if you could!

Old 01-09-2012, 12:49 AM
lopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to beholdlopro is a splendid one to behold
This threads amazing, I was hoping to hear more about this exhaust. I am interested in the setup. sounds like a great bang for the price.

Last edited by lopro; 01-09-2012 at 12:52 AM.