Notices
GT3/GT2 Performance and Track Discussion on the Porsche GT3 and GT2

Busted . Cops sometime unreasonable....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-18-2013, 09:22 PM
Kgk8196 is infamous around these partsKgk8196 is infamous around these parts
Busted . Cops sometime unreasonable....

Anyone got busted for the yellow headlight covers?
I cannot believe this !!!! $ 75.00 fine
I argued as much I could....
If he's cool he could gave me warning and I have them removed by end of the day ........ .... Maybe

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	547
Size:	459.8 KB
ID:	312751  
Old 12-18-2013, 09:59 PM
512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of512bb has much to be proud of
That's the law of the land I believe as cars cannot have yellow lights in the front - even for fog lights which made no sense to me. As a matter fact the front facing lights have to be white..............

Old 12-18-2013, 10:27 PM
blackbull has a reputation beyond reputeblackbull has a reputation beyond reputeblackbull has a reputation beyond reputeblackbull has a reputation beyond reputeblackbull has a reputation beyond reputeblackbull has a reputation beyond reputeblackbull has a reputation beyond reputeblackbull has a reputation beyond reputeblackbull has a reputation beyond reputeblackbull has a reputation beyond reputeblackbull has a reputation beyond repute
Your problem was going slow enough to get pulled over! lol

Old 12-19-2013, 09:25 AM
NineEreven is a jewel in the roughNineEreven is a jewel in the roughNineEreven is a jewel in the rough
I dont know about your state but yellow lights are perfectly legal here in Ohio. In fact, many infiniti and lexus cars come with yellow fog lights. Take the IS300 for example. If they fall on the Kelvin scale below 10000K color I believe you are ok. The only reason you can't go above that is because it turns blue and looks similar to police lights... whatever...

The only problem with your situation is fighting it will be just as expensive as paying it and moving on.

I bet if you go to court, the cop doesn't even show up.

Old 12-19-2013, 10:29 AM
RAudi Driver has much to be proud ofRAudi Driver has much to be proud ofRAudi Driver has much to be proud ofRAudi Driver has much to be proud ofRAudi Driver has much to be proud ofRAudi Driver has much to be proud ofRAudi Driver has much to be proud ofRAudi Driver has much to be proud ofRAudi Driver has much to be proud of
I think the ticket could have been for having a cover on the headlight and not necessarily the color. I think there is a law prohibiting any type of film of cover on your lights.

Old 12-19-2013, 11:02 AM
Former Vendor
ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !ECS Tuning - Porsche Is a GOD !
That's the first I've heard some one getting pulled over specifically for that, it's usually tacked on to a speeding ticket. So do you also have to go back in and show them that they were removed?

Old 12-19-2013, 04:34 PM
jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !jhbrennan Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ECS Tuning - Porsche
That's the first I've heard some one getting pulled over specifically for that, it's usually tacked on to a speeding ticket. So do you also have to go back in and show them that they were removed?
Here's another strange one - was pulled over by DPS in Texas because trooper said my clear side markers had to be amber reflectors...even though they were lit up with the amber bulb. Warning, no fix piece of paper.

Old 12-20-2013, 06:30 PM
I was going to fight it at court , but then .... I said screw it. The cop was just curious about the car and real jerk... Didn't have to proof it was removed, but what pissed me off is ge could be cool and point it out and I will remove them ... I live in small town surrounded with a bunch of cool cops . But not this one.
......thinking of put the yellow covers back on !!!

Old 12-21-2013, 12:22 AM
Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !Macster Is a GOD !
If the cop works in the town where you live and you put the covers back on you're going to get pulled over again and this 2nd time it may not be pretty.

Old 12-26-2013, 04:37 PM
john rice is a splendid one to beholdjohn rice is a splendid one to beholdjohn rice is a splendid one to beholdjohn rice is a splendid one to beholdjohn rice is a splendid one to beholdjohn rice is a splendid one to beholdjohn rice is a splendid one to beholdjohn rice is a splendid one to behold
You might check the wording of the specific vehicle codes involved. Most states now have this information online. It is not unknown for pd, even traffic enforcement, to be wrong. The yellow head light covers are probably illegal in most states. Side markers that are amber when lighted may well comply with the law. Again, it is the wording.

With a couple of cars I owned, I kept copies of the applicable VC in the car with me as a few jerks ... well, most all pd HATE it if you point out that they don't know what they are talking about... even when you have a badge yourself. [I know it is better to just smile friendly and show ID, but sometimes I hate playing the game. Now long retired and "out of the game".]

I write this with the presumption that you realize that embarrassing someone in such a situation may result in them doing everything possible to figure out an excuse to 'write' you! My brother used to make a point of showing an offensive officer [if that was the case] what an idiot he was.. Finally one day a couple of them ganged up on him and gave him a very bogus speeding ticket to "teach him a lesson". He did a good job of fighting it in court, but the judge could have cared less about justice. He simply sided with the officers. [Well, my brother DID learn a lesson. He no longer makes a point of embarrassing people who wear a badge and happen to be idiots.]

Old 01-01-2014, 08:09 AM
JackB911 has much to be proud ofJackB911 has much to be proud ofJackB911 has much to be proud ofJackB911 has much to be proud ofJackB911 has much to be proud ofJackB911 has much to be proud ofJackB911 has much to be proud ofJackB911 has much to be proud of
I also live in an Atlanta suburb (Smyrna). In this area, the LEO's seem to focus mainly on speed offenders but I was pulled over a couple of years ago in my DD for slightly going past the balk line after I came to a full stop. At the scene, five officers, two police cars and a police motorcycle were clearly visible before I arrived at the intersection, so I was being extra careful. I was under the impression that they were checking for "rolling" the stop sign or not wearing a seat belt.

I was lucky because I kept my mouth shut and after checking my Motor Vehicle Record in his computer, the LEO noticed that I had no infractions listed, so he let me go with a warning which was very surprising.

Why? Because local governments here and in may other areas are using their police forces for REVENUE COLLECTION, possibly due to the weak economy. Speed traps have vastly increased in number, as have red light cameras which are a total sham since there are no points charged to the offender's MVR. It's all about revenue, period.

Just curious, in which part of Atlanta were you ticketed?

Old 01-01-2014, 11:20 AM
Jack I agree the local government need revenue ! i live in North Gwinnett , so that could be the issue .
In this case I am wondering what would happen if I put the covers back ?! I like them and I might rather pay another $75 fine to help the community out fix the roads or wherever the $ ends up ???? LOL

Last edited by Kgk8196; 01-01-2014 at 11:33 AM.
Old 02-19-2014, 11:06 AM
EJ257 is infamous around these parts
ouch.

Old 02-19-2014, 07:41 PM
FLAT6KING is infamous around these partsFLAT6KING is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by JackB911
I also live in an Atlanta suburb (Smyrna). In this area, the LEO's seem to focus mainly on speed offenders but I was pulled over a couple of years ago in my DD for slightly going past the balk line after I came to a full stop. At the scene, five officers, two police cars and a police motorcycle were clearly visible before I arrived at the intersection, so I was being extra careful. I was under the impression that they were checking for "rolling" the stop sign or not wearing a seat belt. I was lucky because I kept my mouth shut and after checking my Motor Vehicle Record in his computer, the LEO noticed that I had no infractions listed, so he let me go with a warning which was very surprising. Why? Because local governments here and in may other areas are using their police forces for REVENUE COLLECTION, possibly due to the weak economy. Speed traps have vastly increased in number, as have red light cameras which are a total sham since there are no points charged to the offender's MVR. It's all about revenue, period. Just curious, in which part of Atlanta were you ticketed?
He's right I live in Smyrna too and they are indeed jerks.

Old 02-19-2014, 10:28 PM
tachyon is a name known to alltachyon is a name known to alltachyon is a name known to alltachyon is a name known to alltachyon is a name known to alltachyon is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Kgk8196
Anyone got busted for the yellow headlight covers?
I cannot believe this !!!! $ 75.00 fine
I argued as much I could....
If he's cool he could gave me warning and I have them removed by end of the day ........ .... Maybe
can you show me the front lights? wonder how it looks like...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Busted . Cops sometime unreasonable....