Mercedes / AMG Mercedes talk on the E55 AMG, SLK 55, SL65, the other Classic Mercedes models.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: EGT Mercedes

My Eurocharged BLOWN ENGINE story and more

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-25-2011, 05:34 PM
BB Supra is infamous around these parts
My Eurocharged BLOWN ENGINE story and more

In January 2010 i sent my bone stock CLS55 amg to eurocharged for their stage 3 package and a few other things.

In March 2010 the car returned and was put away until May. we get a lot of nasty weather and rain here in Maryland and this is not my Daily drive.

In May 2010 is the first nice day i have so i take the car out for a test drive, i take the car out on the road and part way through 4'th gear under full throttle i feel a complete loss of power, and i see a trail of white smoke. the car is bucking and shaking violently as i limp it home. i also notice that i was sold OEM break pads when i paid for ceramic pads im not sure how that could happen but Jerry took care of it.

Immediately i call Eurocharged and they have the car picked up and taken back to their shop. Im told that a camshaft( that i purchased from them and that they installed was installed incorrectly) and the engine had to be replaced. I was later told that i had to pay $3000 for their mistake which i did.

6-7 moths later my car is returned completely filthy with a destroyed drivers seat, broken carbon fiber lip my $4000 360 forged wheels are destroyed i have a check engine light on, the steering shaft is loose to the point that its almost impossible to keep the car in a lane while driving, and missing vacuum lines. I call eurocharged and Jerry covers the cost of the torn up seat and that was it.

In march 2011 i send my car to eurocharged once again for a re-tune ported heads a rear tank and a few other things. Jerry calls me and says my rear bumper got damaged some how and needed to be painted,No problem things happen.

Last week on or around 6-17-2011 Jerry calls and says the car is being detailed and its ready to be picked up by the(closed transporter.)

My car arrives today filthy i notice i have a broken fog light, and orange over spray over the whole car. I text Jerry asking about the uninstalled parts i asked about, the missing parts and the damage and here is his response. Ive been beyond patient understanding and positive i even let him run my car at the texas mile like a rolling billboard for his company and at the end of the day i was basically told to go to hell. These are the facts i have video pics txt and all emails to support everything said. The ten hours working on the car was because of a misfire issue that eurocharged caused installing the heads and their policy is free re-tunes for euro charged customers so im a little lost how that is some kind of bonus to me.

some pics of the damage video will follow

Name:  IMG_26921.jpg
Views: 899
Size:  181.1 KB
Name:  IMG_26911.jpg
Views: 815
Size:  96.4 KB
Name:  IMG_26901.jpg
Views: 851
Size:  46.4 KB
Name:  IMG_26881.jpg
Views: 838
Size:  129.2 KB
Name:  IMG_26871.jpg
Views: 872
Size:  83.5 KB

Last edited by BB Supra; 06-25-2011 at 09:03 PM. Reason: private conversations/communications should remain so
Old 06-25-2011, 07:06 PM
This was taken after the very first drive after eurocharged.com built and tuned my car they said it was due to a camshaft failure that i purchased from them and they installed, the motor didn't last 24 hours.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7TjRxvOgzU

Last edited by BB Supra; 06-26-2011 at 03:49 PM.
Old 06-25-2011, 08:02 PM
Badm is infamous around these parts
Eurocharger Blown engine

WOW , I'm so sorry to here about what they DID to your car, I heard a little about it from another turner ,,, but to see it is "SHOCKING" ,,, you did all that for Eurocharge and this was U get .. I've been waiting to see how this ported head thing was going to come out ... I see not "GOOD" with them I almost went with Eurocharge for my car ,, This makes me "GLAD" didn't and I'm sorry U did ,,, I know it feels to get rip off and cheated .. the money , the stress "Your Baby " ... Hopefully somebody will salvage this mess for u and get u back on the road ,,,, Badm

Old 06-25-2011, 08:33 PM
zer0t has a spectacular aura aboutzer0t has a spectacular aura about
Wow, don't they have any liability here? I hate to be litigious but this is one expensive car and probably a boat load of dollars on the mods and you get this in return?

Old 06-25-2011, 08:41 PM
Lots of money has been spent this thread covers the entire timeline dealing with this company. When i got my car back today damaged and broken and then when i was told to basically go screw myself i felt now is the right time to post the real story. Ive been a loyal customer i had these people as Facebook friends. They have no regard for me as a person or a customer. They have destroyed my car from top to bottom when i have done nothing but be a loyal customer and spoke highly of them at every opportunity.

Old 06-25-2011, 08:41 PM
Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !Ynot Is a GOD !
I would post this on mbworld, benzworld, and all forums that they tune cars for. This crap is unacceptable. People like this should not be doing business. Sorry to hear.

Old 06-25-2011, 08:42 PM
Originally Posted by zer0t
Wow, don't they have any liability here? I hate to be litigious but this is one expensive car and probably a boat load of dollars on the mods and you get this in return?
they are 100% liable and when the motor blew up from work they did on the car i was slapped with a $3000 bill.

Old 06-25-2011, 08:48 PM
Originally Posted by Ynot
I would post this on mbworld, benzworld, and all forums that they tune cars for. This crap is unacceptable. People like this should not be doing business. Sorry to hear.
I have just have to put it on benzworld now.

Old 06-26-2011, 05:24 AM
I went out this morning and took more pictures after seeing the car when it arrived yesterday i had to just walk away and decompress. How can you send a loyal customers car back looking like this.

1) Trunk is filthy and grease stained.
2) Trash and dirt around the reservoir install from Jerrys attempt to make grommets.
3) Trunk trim missing pieces and falling off.
3) Tank water stained.

Name:  trashintrunk.jpg
Views: 870
Size:  36.3 KB
Name:  dirtytrunk.jpg
Views: 822
Size:  59.3 KB
Name:  dirtytrunk2.jpg
Views: 797
Size:  69.6 KB
Name:  tank.jpg
Views: 888
Size:  58.9 KB

Old 06-26-2011, 06:12 AM
torment has much to be proud oftorment has much to be proud oftorment has much to be proud oftorment has much to be proud oftorment has much to be proud oftorment has much to be proud oftorment has much to be proud oftorment has much to be proud oftorment has much to be proud oftorment has much to be proud of
Sue them like anyone else would.

Old 06-26-2011, 06:30 AM
I hope this gets worked out because that is legitimately one of the coolest MBs I've ever seen.

Old 06-26-2011, 06:34 AM
I hope this gets worked out because that is legitimately one of the coolest MBs I've ever seen.

Thanks man i appreciate it, and i really do love this car, i just wish i went another direction when i first purchased the car. I will start sorting things out on Monday I will post updates as things get done.

Old 06-26-2011, 06:35 AM
Keep the faith....it'll be worth it in the end.

I'm trying to plan some stuff for an SLK55, thinking blower is the cheapest way to go. Bye, bye CPO warranty.

Old 06-26-2011, 06:59 AM
Keep the faith....it'll be worth it in the end.

I'm trying to plan some stuff for an SLK55, thinking blower is the cheapest way to go. Bye, bye CPO warranty.
Absolutely!!!

good luck with your build!!

Old 06-26-2011, 05:43 PM
quick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant futurequick has a brilliant future
You know i have heard good things about them and i have heard bad things about them and after reading the net for quite some time,i would have to say SCREW EUROCHARGED...
Where there's a smoke there's a fire...
To tell u the truth,i was thinking about getting my E55 tuned by them but i guess not any more
They ain't worth ****

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My Eurocharged BLOWN ENGINE story and more